+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Enjoyed season 2 a lot. Only played Witcher 3. Other than the changes of a certain Witcher (which made me sad) all was great. It's nice for once to not have read source material so I dont have to wrestle with changes from book to screen.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    imaging hating on ciri
    I can get into Ciri, I was interested to see where her character was going in season 1 when her story was spaced out between other plots. My issue is this entire season has been SHE"S DESTINED SHE HAS THE SPECIAL BLOOD AHHHH every single scene it just gets so old for me. I hope that she can maybe relax a little more next season and just be a bit more of a regular relatable person like when she was training with the witchers. It felt nice to breathe and see her having fun banter with some of the other characters in a few of those moments.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I can get into Ciri, I was interested to see where her character was going in season 1 when her story was spaced out between other plots. My issue is this entire season has been SHE"S DESTINED SHE HAS THE SPECIAL BLOOD AHHHH every single scene it just gets so old for me. I hope that she can maybe relax a little more next season and just be a bit more of a regular relatable person like when she was training with the witchers. It felt nice to breathe and see her having fun banter with some of the other characters in a few of those moments.
    The Wild Hunt are the over-arching baddies who are hunting Ciri for her power. She is the main plot, but Gerald's journey is where all the meat is.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Gerald's

A question out of curiosity, from someone who's never read the books or played the video games...

Spoiler: show
    How much stronger is Geralt to the other Witchers? and what is typically the skill difference between each Witcher?

At the end of the last episode, a few Witchers seemed to have been killed rather easily compared to the others. I supposed it could also be exaggerated by the show, but I wouldn't really know. From the last season, I also remember Geralt clearly being better than the other Witcher that was killed by the Striga in the beginning of the same episode.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

About as strong as a main character vs a side character. I don't think there's anything canonically that sets him apart in a meaningful way

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's also prolly an experience factor thing, in the TV storyline he is around 100 years old, it's fair to assume most of the others are quite a bit younger.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Geralt underwent more experiments than the average witcher, which is why he has white hair.

Eskel is around Geralt's age and is supposed to be better with magic.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

maybe the brotherhood sent him if he's good at magic... he could be a plant

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's also prolly an experience factor thing, in the TV storyline he is around 100 years old, it's fair to assume most of the others are quite a bit younger.
    I thought he was part of some of the last batches of witchers that were able to be created. The place was trashed while he was still training, which means there can't be many witchers that are younger than him.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

There's an animated movie involving Vesimir and the sack of Kaer Morhen, which does give some insight to the ages of the witchers.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I thought he was part of some of the last batches of witchers that were able to be created. The place was trashed while he was still training, which means there can't be many witchers that are younger than him.
    I thought Kaer Morhen is only the home of the Wolf school though? Unless this was just a Witcher-game only thing there are multiple schools of Witchers, so it could theoretically be possible if they aren't Wolves?

As far as i know, there is only one place they can be made, and the ability to make more is gone.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Huh, you do meet other clans of witchers in the games, but I don't recall what their recruiting situation was, or if it was even bought up at all. Maybe it's time to replay some Witcher now that the Mrs is interested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Huh, you do meet other clans of witchers in the games, but I don't recall what their recruiting situation was, or if it was even bought up at all. Maybe it's time to replay some Witcher now that the Mrs is interested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    My wife has been asking me to replay the game lol.

Got no gaming PC at the moment so hell fucking no playing them on console.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I thought Kaer Morhen is only the home of the Wolf school though? Unless this was just a Witcher-game only thing there are multiple schools of Witchers, so it could theoretically be possible if they aren't Wolves?
    In the books the Wolf/Cat/Griffin schools are canon and yes Kaer Morhan is home to just the Wolves.

BG Level

ye the other schools are canon and only the Wolf School has lost the ability to make new witchers as a result of Kaer Morhan being sacked in Vesemir's time.

in both books / game the bigger issue is that witchers aren't needed much anymore. monster populations are dying off with the conjunction of the spheres that birthed them now a long-ago memory, and thus the need for witchers is quickly dissipating. they are relics of a prior age increasingly treated as unwanted freaks by the general populace.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I had to do something on my laptop earlier and my 3-year-old starts yelling at me he wants to see the witch. Like what are you talking about where did you even get that word. Anyway he keeps bothering me about it so I'm like do you mean the Witcher do you want me to play the Witcher lol And he said Yeah the big witch so I said okay. I started running around the first town on a horse and he went nuts so I guess I'm going to play the Witcher 3 on my shield TV later I'm sure it's age appropriate.

I've never played past The first 10 minutes so it's a good opportunity to.

Season 1 was better than season 2 but season 2 was still good and it's still my favorite show outside of marvel.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    maybe the brotherhood sent him if he's good at magic... he could be a plant
    I need you to understand that I saw this post and it did not go unappreciated.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video