+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

CM was pretty easy. I took me 1 SL ut that was because of an error on my side.

Apoc + was also easy went 1/1 lost 2 dmg taken medal

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

CM was easy but I have some pretty strong relics in VIII. However I strongly suggest Fujin for this with Smoldering Fire (5* Ninja skill). Add a Ninja boost materia and possibly some fire boost gear (probably don't need both) and you can deal 20k damage per cast :D
    Sadly you can't rely on Snowspell Strike for the whole fight and we don't have the Ice only spellblade yet. I also don't think there's any SAM 5* in this realm for Hailstorm.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    CM was easy but I have some pretty strong relics in VIII. However I strongly suggest Fujin for this with Smoldering Fire (5* Ninja skill). Add a Ninja boost materia and possibly some fire boost gear (probably don't need both) and you can deal 20k damage per cast :D
    Sadly you can't rely on Snowspell Strike for the whole fight and we don't have the Ice only spellblade yet. I also don't think there's any SAM 5* in this realm for Hailstorm.
    I went like this

Rinoa, Chain Blizzaga + Dispel ( NO SB)
    Edea Chain Firaga + Blizzaja (Ice STrike didnt use)
    Selphie Ultra Cure + protecga (Trabia Light used once)
    Irvine : MDB + FB (No SB)
    Quistis : PDB + Meltdown (Migty guard used once)

RW was DT

My goal was always Edea Chain Firaga then Rinoa Chain Blizzaga, while Irvine and Quistis Debuffed.

When he recasted Haste and Rinoa had to dispel, I made Quistis use Meltdown and Edea Blizzaja

HAs 0 issues

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well I used Squall due to having his OSB but mage teams are probably better. Fujin having access to Ninja is the ideal choice given the lower casting time but I guess most don't have Smoldering Fire honed I do because of Thancred's BSB.

Edit: Easily cleared A+ with a Summoner party: Ashe (OSB), Alphinaud (BSB), OK (BSB/OSB/SSB Medica), Penelo (god bless her BSB), Tyro.
    Used Tyro's BSB as RW so I could use Multi Break on Penelo and have Tyro with both ATK and MAG dances on top of extra mitigation on the big guy.
    Ashe was basically spamming Chain Thundaga and her OSB on the machine, Alphinaud used Quetzalcoatl until he could BSB spam, OK on usual Wrath duty for BSB+OSB spam, Penelo healing and buffing with her BSB and Tyro on the usual support duty.
    When the three soldiers came out I immediatly debuffed them all with dances, Ashe switched to Ixion, Alph was gunning them down one by one with Aerial Blast/Wind Blade and OK managed to use his AOE damage+medica once and only for the damage as healing wasn't really an issue.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    yeah i knew ls and sb bypasses blind. but still, ls does too little damage and the battle drags on. by the time i get him down to 60%, both RW SG is up, and i just cant keep up with healing/run out of curaja. fuuuuu, another 180+ fight i have to put off for now because the teams just arent made for these kinda fights.
    You can also just use black mage nukes too, you don't need to bring soul breaks in. Don't need RW sent grim here either.
    It might be clearer for us if you post a team pic or something so we know why you are having trouble because this one's actually pretty easy and while there's several mechanics to track, they aren't complex.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Going to switch to Lulu BSB for RW since I saw on Reddit that it and Matoya BSB wreck U++ if using Mage Meta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Going to switch to Lulu BSB for RW since I saw on Reddit that it and Matoya BSB wreck U++ if using Mage Meta.
    Well yeah, command 1 on both deals Fire and Ice damage so you're constantly hitting the proper weakness

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly if you gear for thunder resist and he doesn't use wind spells much the damage is soft enough that shared medica can handle it with shell + magic BD.

Granted, having Edea's BSB pump out 60k damage on ice weak phase helps. I think a hangup for some people is waiting for it to "shift" forms after hitting a weakness, which isnt the case as it just auto shifts over without changing AI or skipping a turn. I would just que up Chain Firaga on Quistis and then follow it with Edea for nearly 80k/turn.

Probably going to try Alkar's summoner party strat for A+. Don't have Alphinaud's BSB, but I do have Rydia's and Earth looks like an OK element to use.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Easily went 1/1 on CM Ult ++, didn't even have to use medica on Selphie since having Rinoa use Dispel kept him just wasting turns to just cast haste and Wall negated pretty much most of the DMG, ended up just using her BSB for extra magic DMG. Rinoa BSB did easily 32k per use and Squall OSB did 60k with no buffs.

Edit: Edea had Witch's Parade for Natural Hastega, Irvine had nothing, Selphie had BSB, Rinoa had BSB, Squall had OSB, RW was SG.

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh hai there:

Setup:

Used Ashe BSB for RW and basically zerged then BGH down.