+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - Master Of Fate (VIII) Event & Strategies

No quip-filled into this time. How can you not love Laguna? If you don't, then the coochie-coochie monster will get you.

"I think the faeries are here." - Laguna

Once upon a time, Squall dreamed he was a moron. This event focuses on Laguna and his two compatriots (who join FFRK later on) Kiros and Ward.

Event Start Date: May 25
    Event Bonus Battle: May 28
    Event End Date: June 4

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...dm&sh=a72e7176

Notable Rewards:
    Laguna's Ring - Accessory. Defense + 15 and Moderate Slow Resist.

Is DeNa telling us something with all the Slow resist accessories recently?

New Characters Acquired:
    No new leg cramps.

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    Squall's "You're the best looking guy here!" SeeD Uniform.

Old Characters Acquired:
    Rinoa
    Laguna
    Irvine
    Selphie

New Memory Crystals:
    No new leg cramps.

Old Memory Crystals
    Rinoa MC1
    Laguna MC1/MC2
    Irvine MC1/MC2
    Selphie MC1/MC2
    Squall MC1/MC2

New Record Sphere
    No new leg cramps.

Characters Needed for Battles
    No new leg cramps.

Cid Missions
    Complete Ultimate++ fight with a party of FF VIII heroes.

Relics
    Lightning's new BSB sword is...huh? That's not Lightning's sword? What the damn hell?

Squall's oft talked about (and slightly broken) BSB2 is oddly the focus on the 1st banner for his father's event. Joining him is Selphie's new Instant USB with Guts, Curaga medica, and High Regen. Squall's BSB is 8x ST Ice/Non on entry with En-Ice. His commands are where it becomes noteworthy, as the C2 increases in potency, crit rate, and # of hits depending on how many times C1 is used. At max of 3 Draw + Junction, his C2 gains 25% crit, 7 hits, and 125% potency per hit.

Banner 1 is a good source of Guts if you don't have one yet, as Raijin's Armguard returns. Irvine's pentabreak, Selphie's BSB (similar to Penelo's), and Zell's highly self-stackable Combat King SSB return.

Also, if you're still lacking Quistis's Hastega's for the realm, her Magic CTO Hastega rounds out banner 1.

Banner 2 is a little more reserved, but still has some highlights. Rinoa's early OSB returns, but there is a lot of good Bursts here. Fujin and Seifer's returns, along with Laguna's new BSB with random Lightning/Non ranged damage and Imperil Lightning on entry. His C1 offers 4 random hits with the chance to Paralyze and Silence, while C2 offers a 2 turn Machinist CT0 which would go well with Lightning Snipe.

Laguna's party boostga and Rinoa's En-Earth guise rounds out the banner.

Theres some good quality here, and the stat sticks aren't too bad either for in-realm use. Though with all the lucky draws and Cloud USB hanging in the not-too-distant future this may be a hard sell mythril wise.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...vo&sh=5f120d1e

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-112/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bonus Battles
    Garden Start +

Oilboyle x2
    HP: 61,803 Each
    Target Score:
    • Defeat the Oilboyles without being KO'ed.
    • Exploit an Oilboyle's weakness to fire attacks.
    • Reduce an Oilboyle's defense.

Weak: Fire
    Absorb: None
    Resist: Water (Null)
    Status Vulnerabilities: Poison, Silence, Slow, Sleep, Stun

NORG (w/ 2x Orbs)
    HP: 134,475
    Target Score:
    • Defeat NORG without being KO'd.
    • Exploit NORG's weakness to wind attacks once it's core is exposed.
    • Reduce NORG's magic.

Weak: Default: None - Core Exposed: Wind
    Absorb: None
    Resist: All: Poison (Null)
    Status Vulnerabilities: Core Exposed: Slow, Stop, Instant KO, Stun

Notes: The orbs have no HP and nullify all elemental damage except dark. They will cycle from Blue -> Yellow -> Red and will attack on Red. Any damage dealt will reset them to Blue.

Fear Of Compromise ++
    Tonberry King
    HP: 180,131
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Tonberry King without being KO'ed.
    • Reduce Tonberry King's attack.
    • Reduce Tonberry King's defense.

Weak: None
    Absorbs: None
    Resists: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun

Notes: Only a physical fight.

Prison Keeper +++
    Wolfmeister
    HP: 201,712
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Wolfmeister without being KO'ed.
    • Reduce the Wolfmeister's defense.
    • Reduce the Wolfmeister's resistance.

Resist: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Slow, Blind, Stun

Notes: All of his moveset is physical, and the non-AoE can be Drawtaliated.

Ultimate + Ruin Battles
    I Am Alive Here (U)
    凶Adel
    HP: 296,579
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 凶Adel's defense.
    • Reduce 凶Adel's magic.
    • Win before 凶Adel uses Ultima for the fourth time.

Notes: Adel begins the fight with Shell, and will reapply it at the start of every HP phase (100%, 70%, 40%). Ultima will also be cast at the 70% and 40% HP thresholds, and then every 6 turns after so be mindful of the turn count upon reaching Very Weak.

Majority magic-based, but Adel does have a strong *ranged* physical hit in Energy Bomber, so plan accordingly.

Indonesian Blade and Grand Cross neuter a lot of what Adel puts out, but take note that regular Runic won't absorb Holy.

Transition Mechanism (U++)
    凶Tri-point
    HP: 357,006
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 凶Tri-point's magic.
    • Exploit 凶Tri-point's weakness to fire attacks while it is weak to fire.
    • Exploit 凶Tri-point's weakness to ice attacks while it is weak to ice.

Weak: Ice or Fire
    Absorbs: Thunder
    Null: Earth, Fire or Ice

Moveset (>70% HP: Default):
    Special: Haste (WHT: grant Haste to self)
    Special: Blindga (BLK: 78% chance to Blind all targets)
    30% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 266% physical damage to one target)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 3: Rush (PHY: deal 344% physical damage to one target)
    10% chance, unlocks turn 3: Trine Spark (NAT: deal 342% magical thunder damage to all targets)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 3: Tornado (BLK: deal 450% magical wind damage to one target)
    10% chance, unlocks turn 3: Tornado (BLK: deal 270% magical wind damage to all targets)
    10% chance, unlocks turn 3: Rush (PHY: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (70%-40% HP: Weak):
    10% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 266% physical damage to one target)
    15% chance: Rush (PHY: deal 344% physical damage to one target)
    10% chance: Trine Spark (NAT: deal 342% magical thunder damage to all targets)
    20% chance: Tornado (BLK: deal 450% magical wind damage to one target)
    15% chance: Tornado (BLK: deal 270% magical wind damage to all targets)
    15% chance: Rush (PHY: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)
    15% chance: 凶 Trine Spark (NAT: deal 425% piercing magical thunder damage to all targets)

Moveset (<40% HP: Very Weak):
    5% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 266% physical damage to one target)
    5% chance: Rush (PHY: deal 344% physical damage to one target)
    20% chance: Trine Spark (NAT: deal 342% magical thunder damage to all targets)
    10% chance: Tornado (BLK: deal 450% magical wind damage to one target)
    20% chance: Tornado (BLK: deal 270% magical wind damage to all targets)
    15% chance: Rush (PHY: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)
    25% chance: 凶 Trine Spark (NAT: deal 425% piercing magical thunder damage to all targets)

Notes and Strategies: Tri-Point starts the fight weak to fire and switches back and forth between fire and ice weaknesses every time its weakness is hit. Tri-Point uses Haste on its first turn and Blindga on its second turn in each phase. It cannot use either its AOE Rush or 凶 Trine Spark more frequently than once every 3rd turn each.

If you're bringing physical characters, make sure to give them Major Blind Resistance accessories or rely on auto-hit attacks like Lifesiphon and SBs. Note that this includes your support unless you're bringing a Dancer for the job. Tri-Point has a strong mixed arsenal, but its only piercing attack is magical so your debuffs should lean that way.

Cid Mission: Irvine is your only Support 5 option, and there are no Dancers in FF8, so at least make sure to give him some glasses. Fujin's BSB will cover the magic debuff medal condition but won't do anything for Tri-Point's strong physical attacks, so caveat emptor.

Iron Clad (Ruin +)
    滅BGH251F2 (滅Elite Soldier w/2x 滅Galbadian Soldier
    HP: BGH251F2: 350,428 - Elite Soldier: 164,415 - Galbadian Soldier: 102,759
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 滅BGH251F2 attack.
    • Reduce 滅BGH251F2 magic.
    • Exploit 滅BGH251F2's weakness to lightning attacks.

Weak: BGH251F2: Lightning

Moveset - BGH (>80% HP: Default):
    5% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    25% chance, unlocks turn 3: Gatling Gun (PHY: deal 212% ranged physical damage to one target)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 3: Twin · Homing Laser (NAT: deal 275% ranged physical damage to one target)
    30% chance, unlocks turn 3: Ray Bomb (BLK: deal 294% magical fire damage to all targets)
    20% chance, unlocks turn 4: Megiddo Flame (NAT: deal 342% magical non-elemental damage to all targets)

Moveset - BGH (80%-40% HP: Weak):
    Special: 凶 Beam Cannon (NAT: deal 253% piercing ranged physical damage to all targets)
    10% chance: Gatling Gun (PHY: deal 212% ranged physical damage to one target)
    20% chance: Twin · Homing Laser (NAT: deal 275% ranged physical damage to one target)
    25% chance: Megiddo Flame (NAT: deal 342% magical non-elemental damage to all targets)
    25% chance: Ray Bomb (BLK: deal 294% magical fire damage to all targets)
    20% chance: Beam Cannon (NAT: deal 337% ranged physical damage to one target)

Moveset - BGH (<40% HP: Very Weak):
    Special: 凶 Beam Cannon (NAT: deal 253% piercing ranged physical damage to all targets)
    30% chance: Twin · Homing Laser (NAT: deal 275% ranged physical damage to one target)
    30% chance: Megiddo Flame (NAT: deal 342% magical non-elemental damage to all targets)
    30% chance: Ray Bomb (BLK: deal 294% magical fire damage to all targets)
    10% chance: Beam Cannon (NAT: deal 337% ranged physical damage to one target)

Moveset - Elite Soldier (>60% HP: Default):
    25% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    10% chance: Cure (WHT: recover HP)
    15% chance: Thundara (BLK: deal 410% magical thunder damage to one target)
    20% chance: Lariat (PHY: deal 227% physical damage to one target)
    30% chance: Thundaga (BLK: deal 294% magical thunder damage to all targets)
    15% chance to activate in response to black or white magic: Counter Slowga (WHT: 30% chance to Slow all targets)
    15% chance to activate in response to physical attacks: Counter Lariat (PHY: deal 227% physical damage to one target)

Moveset - Elite Soldier (<60% HP: Weak):
    10% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    10% chance: Thundara (BLK: deal 410% magical thunder damage to one target)
    15% chance: Lariat (PHY: deal 227% physical damage to one target)
    20% chance: Thundaga (BLK: deal 294% magical thunder damage to all targets)
    45% chance: 凶 Kill (NAT: deal 330% piercing physical damage to all targets)
    15% chance to activate in response to black or white magic: Counter Slowga (WHT: 30% chance to Slow all targets)
    15% chance to activate in response to physical attacks: Counter Lariat (PHY: deal 227% physical damage to one target)

Moveset - Galbadian Soldiers(>50% HP: Default):
    40% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    30% chance: Fira (BLK: deal 410% magical fire damage to one target)
    30% chance: Fira (BLK: deal 294% magical fire damage to all targets)

Moveset - Galbadian Soldiers (<50% HP: Weak):
    15% chance: Attack (PHY: deal 188% physical damage to one target)
    15% chance: Fira (BLK: deal 410% magical fire damage to one target)
    25% chance: Fira (BLK: deal 294% magical fire damage to all targets)
    45% chance: 凶 Kill (NAT: deal 330% piercing physical damage to all targets)

Notes and Strategies: BGH uses 凶 Beam Cannon on its first turn in both Weak and Very Weak phases; it repeats 凶 Beam Cannon every 6 turns in Weak phase or 4 turns in Very Weak phase. BGH cannot use Ray Bomb on back to back turns and cannot use Megiddo Flame more frequently than once every 3 turns.

Once BGH is destroyed, two Galbadian Soldiers and one Elite Soldier spawn. The Elite Soldier cannot use Thundaga more frequently than once every 3 turns, the Galbadian Soldiers cannot use AOE Fira more frequently than once every 4 turns, and neither soldier type can use 凶 Kill more frequently than once every 3 turns.

You have to chew through a lot of HP in this one, over 700k. BGH is partially thunder-weak, which helps, but it'll still be a strain on resources. Bringing both Protectga and Shellga is recommended, but leave Magic Breakdown at home unless you have a second SUP 4 character to put it on; the most dangerous attacks (namely, the piercing attacks, which every enemy has) are all physical here, so you want as much attack debuffing as you can get.

You also want to stretch out your Wall (assuming you bring one) as much as possible. Having strong AOE will help some with the soldiers, but you do not want them all to hit weak phase at the same time or they'll murder you with Ultimate Kill. I killed the Elite Solider (the one in back) first because he has marginally more dangerous attacks.

If you're bringing a mage party, the Elite Soldier has a counter Slowga for black/white magic attacks, so plan around that (Alphinaud and Golbez BSBs and command 1 are SUM type and un-counterable anyway.).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

That second BSB is tempting, but I really should not be pulling any further.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Master of F8

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Master of F8
    MasterF8

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Squall F8 revealed! It was Paul McCartney.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

the banner i should've saved a pull or two for, ice is the one BSB element i don't have covered in some capacity and this is the best of them all. when does that login bonus start again?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If I remember correctly, this event's 2nd or 3rd dungeon (and its corresponding elite version) is a single stage dungeon with an 'exploit lightning weakness' target score that you must hit if you want to master, so be on guard for that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    If I remember correctly, this event's 2nd or 3rd dungeon (and its corresponding elite version) is a single stage dungeon with an 'exploit lightning weakness' target score that you must hit if you want to master, so be on guard for that.
    Just looked it up. Correct.

Stage 2 and 7, hit a Terminator's weakness to Lightning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd pull on banner 1 so badly if I didn't have 5/9 of those relics already I'm pretty sure Selphie's USB doesn't show up again other than maybe in Fests

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Watch out for this while auto-battling through the crap fights on FF8, DeNa caught me with my pants down on this one... sneaky little fuckers, lol.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I mean you'd still master it's 3 medals lost

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    No you wont, there is no trash before hand. You actually need the lightning proc in order to master it. DeNa got slick there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It's a single stage dungeon, meaning you only get 9 medals out of a possible 12 if you fail the target score which isnt mastery. If it were the usual 3 stage dungeon then it wouldnt be an issue (you'd just expert the last stage but still master overall)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ult++: Alternate fire and ice and the damage is handleable. Too bad there's still only one true white mage in realm...I threw edea sb (inaug parade, the hastega/faithga) quistis bssb (triggered many counters) seifer bloodfest (damage and def up) irvine (lol) and selphie bssb at it with sent grim and slowly dinged it to death. Blind resist for the melees, lightning resist for the mages.

Apoc+: Is it my imagination or are these battles a lot longer than their predecsesors? I took fire resist for the soldiers and bgh. Kill bgh quick at low hp to avoid ult beam cannon, which I felt was its only dangerous move. The soldiers are just chunks of hp to plow through until they hit half hp at which point they start doing piercing damage, so just take them below 50/kill them one at a time and it's pretty easy. I went physical except for OK's swiftspell.

im a a month and a half player, and it seems like any fight where the bosses aoe blindga my team, it completely falls apart as i have zero mage bsb/relics period.

the suggestion here and the other thread is to load up on blind resist gear... my question is, where do i get it? lol.

Tri-point and that stupid boss with the two arms from FF4 event just fucks me over completely with this blind bullshit.

as for tri-point's mega spark counter, does it only counter if you hit the wrong two elements (fire and ice), or does it counter even when you use say, holy and dark element? edit: nvm, he counters all the wrong elements. this is stupid and gimmicky -_-

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

blind resist is almost exclusively on accessories, which are all one-off rewards from weekly/seasonal events. you might catch a break if they do another accessory dump in the greens shop, but otherwise you're stuck waiting to build up a collection. for melee teams, lifesiphon and soul breaks both ignore accuracy checks, so you might be able to get there with some honing as long as you have some solid damage options with your SBs.

i initially tried to do a mixed setup for the CM with squall handling the ice duties, but even with major blind resist i couldn't make it work reliably. ducked out of that and went with a pure mage setup, quistis (MG8) selphie (SSB) edea (inaugural parade) irvine (canister shot) rinoa (BSB), RW wall. rinoa and edea traded fire/ice casts until it died.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    blind resist is almost exclusively on accessories, which are all one-off rewards from weekly/seasonal events. you might catch a break if they do another accessory dump in the greens shop, but otherwise you're stuck waiting to build up a collection.

i initially tried to do a mixed setup for the CM with squall handling the ice duties, but even with major blind resist i couldn't make it work reliably. ducked out of that and went with a pure mage setup, quistis (MG8) selphie (SSB) edea (inaugural parade) irvine (canister shot) rinoa (BSB), RW wall. rinoa and edea traded fire/ice casts until it died.
    this realization is slowly creeping up on me with this game. like i said, im pretty new and most of the relics ive gotten are 99% physical. physical teams are fine right up til about 140-160 rank difficulty, but the moment it reaches 180+, i realize the only way im winning any of these fights is with a pure mage team.

yeah, i get that these fights require gimmicks or else they get old/easy real fast, but the vast majority of these gimmicks just gimps the shit out of physical teams.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

sorry, i left out an important bit initially w/r/t blind and melee teams but edited it in after. soul breaks and lifesiphon both ignore accuracy checks so if you have the orbs to spare and some good damage SBs you can still brute force it even without blind resist stuff!

extremefest should be coming up pretty soon though, so you'll have a chance to round out your relic pool.

yeah i knew ls and sb bypasses blind. but still, ls does too little damage and the battle drags on. by the time i get him down to 60%, both RW SG is up, and i just cant keep up with healing/run out of curaja. fuuuuu, another 180+ fight i have to put off for now because the teams just arent made for these kinda fights.