FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lost Sphear (PC/PS4/NSW) - January 2018

Tokyo RPG Factory, the Square Enix studio dedicated to creating games that blend Japanese role-playing games with the latest technology for a new generation of gamers, has announced their all-new title, Lost Sphear (read as “Lost Sphere”). The title is set to arrive on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Switch console, and Steam in early 2018 for $49.99.

The adventure of Lost Sphear begins in a remote town where a young boy, Kanata, awakens from a devastating dream to find his hometown disappearing. To stop the world from being lost forever, Kanata and his comrades set out to rebuild the world around them with the power of Memory by manifesting thoughts into matter.

Expanding upon the beloved features from their debut title, I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphear features an enhanced gameplay system with a revamped ATB battle system where players can strategize and freely adjust their placement mid-fight, seamless environments, and various locations to explore.

Lost Sphear will be available digitally from the PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, and Steam. A physical package is now available for pre-order exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Fans who pre-order the game from the Square Enix Online Store will receive two music tracks as a gift at launch.
    http://www.lostsphear.com/

Pre-order:
    https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ost-sphear-ps4
    https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...intendo-switch

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is it just me, or does this game seem oddly reminiscent of "I am Setsuna"? The world layour mostly. But the battle system slightly simliar, as well, too.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Is it just me, or does this game seem oddly reminiscent of "I am Setsuna"? The world layour mostly. But the battle system slightly simliar, as well, too.
    Well... it is the same development company.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Mentioned it in the SE General thread, but I have the suspicion that the ending here will be a prequel of sorts for Setsuna.

And as mentioned, same dev team so the "feelings" are going to be similar as the other game as long as they keep this type of presentation and art style.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

October 12, 2017 in Japan

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

https://lostsphear.com/

1/23/18 for North America.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just a handful of days after Ni No Kuni 2 drops

It's like SE wants this to fair...

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ow, damn.

Generic as hell, carbon-copied assets from Setsuna, boring music/story/characters...guys, you've made this game already except it was covered in snow. Why would anyone buy this? Why did they think making the same game again with a slightly different story was a good idea?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Ow, damn.

Generic as hell, carbon-copied assets from Setsuna, boring music/story/characters...guys, you've made this game already except it was covered in snow. Why would anyone buy this? Why did they think making the same game again with a slightly different story was a good idea?
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/25/1...-ps4-pc-switch

Hashimoto says that while the two games will be very similar, Lost Sphear will also feature some improvements based on the feedback from the first game. “I think we did largely achieve what we wanted to with I Am Setsuna,” he says. “But certainly we discovered a couple of new challenges, and goals, that we wanted to do because of that reception.” The new game will include the much-requested addition of restorative inns, but the most noticeable change I found during my time with the game was the combat.

As with I Am Setsuna — and most of the classic JRPGs that inspired it — Lost Sphear features turn-based battles, where you take turns with enemies performing attacks, using items, and casting spells. But the system in Lost Sphear is slightly more flexible, as you can move characters around the battlefield. This is especially useful for characters with ranged attacks — say, someone who’s good at shooting a bow — as you can line up shots just right in order to hit multiple targets at once.
    So it is the same game, just improved.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/25/1...-ps4-pc-switch

So it is the same game, just improved.
    with a different story.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    with a different story.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ow, damn.

+1 on this

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I might get it when it'S cheaper but fuck paying 50$ for a I am setsuna 2

Ow, damn.

I didn't think I Am Setsuna was bad just ultra repetitive in terms of music/design. The story was good and most of the characters were fine, so in that sense I have no problem with this generally since my major problem with the game was how dreary it was.

Looks like they improved battles some, it was decently fun in the first game but you can't really go wrong with CT style and the music seems more varied.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I remember Setsuna being 39.99 at launch.

Yeah, I need a little more from Tokyo RPG Factory before I start shelling out 49.99 for titles. Setsuna was a solid title, and considering it was a first attempt by a new SE studio, it was really good. But I need to see a little more evolution and quality increase to justify a higher price point.

Yeah it's definitely not worth that. At half that cost it would definitely be worth it, I think I got it on sale when it was around £10 and thought it was great value for that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Some Gameplay from TGS

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lost Sphear is the story of Kanata, a self-taught swordsman who aims to restore the world with his gift of awakening memories. As an ominous power threatens the fabric of reality itself, players must join Kanata and restore the disappearing world around them from being forgotten. In Lost Sphear, players will travel the world from idyllic countryside towns to mysterious dungeons, all in an effort to save the world and protect those around you from being lost forever.

Lost Sphear will be available digitally from the PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, and Steam on 23rd January 2018. Those who pre-order on the PlayStation Store will receive a “Memoirs of the Moon” dynamic PlayStation 4 theme, as well as two music tracks. Those who pre-order on Steam will receive a custom Lost Sphear wallpaper, as well as two music tracks.

The game will also be available as a physical package exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store for the PlayStation 4 system and Nintendo Switch. Fans who pre-order the game from the Square Enix Online Store will receive two music tracks as a gift at launch.