1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

And now you know why they've lost their dots
    Not to mention shadowflare not having a cast time anymore for lazy smns and schs lol

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I have a feel a major motivating factor for the removal of so many DoTs is the status effect limit for enemies making them impossible to apply in larger-scale content.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Really enjoyed Scourge for some reason, definitely going to miss that one.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Scourge's animation was great.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm sure this was already figured out, but Hissatsu: Kaiten was badly mistranslated on the English tooltip. The Japanese tooltip says the next weaponskill will deal 1.5 times damage (= 50% more damage, not 150% more damage).

Also, the Tenka Goten translation needs to be clarified - it's a 8y frontal cone attack, not an AoE around the user attack as the English tooltip text implies.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    It's a mid-combat gap closer in a game where a lot of mechanics/adds force you to move around. I wouldn't call it an amazing skill but I can easily think of multiple situations this past expansion where it would've been used.

I can agree it'd feel more thematic if it was designed to start pulls, but the fact that they didn't go in that direction doesn't make it useless. Don't let your pre-conceived notion of what a "charge should be" ruin the skill.

Personally the only change I'm expecting is a slight potency adjustment (make it 150pot/20rage or 75pot/10rage).
    It can do all of this while costing 0 resources to allow for more utility for the skill. Nothing you've said invalidates what I've said. The skill would be better used if it had no cost. If anything, it should GRANT rage to further incentivize the Warrior to actually used the damned thing.

Edit: I don't miss the dots, but I miss their animations (well, Drk and Nin - War had a the generic first hit from storm's path). Scourge looked great. I hope to see the animation re-introduced down the line.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Nothing you've said invalidates what I've said.
    Uh
    Still seeing 0 use in Warrior's charge ability.
    It's a mid-combat gap closer in a game where a lot of mechanics/adds force you to move around. I wouldn't call it an amazing skill but I can easily think of multiple situations this past expansion where it would've been used.
    Do you need me to actually list examples?

There's a significant difference between saying a skill should have more uses and saying it has zero uses. I probably wouldn't have even responded if you hadn't literally said the latter.

Ultimately not every utility/movement skill is meant to double as DPS filler like Plunge or Shoulder Tackle nor is every skill meant to be a gamechanger like Inner Release. I'm sorry if that ruins your WAR class fantasy.

Again, the potency/rage ratio could stand to be adjusted slightly but I really don't see the rage cost as something that ruins Onslaught.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You don't see the rage cost of an initiator being a problem? Alright then.

Moving on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Let me blow your mind: it's not meant to be an initiator.

Are you one of those people who pull with Plunge because it feels like it should be an initiator?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Easy fix: remove rage cost, add a minimum distance requirement of 5y-10y. Can't be used efficiently as a DPS oGCD, more useful as an engagement tool. Honestly Plunge shouldn't be usable point-blank either, it looks fucking ridiculous.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

You don't see the rage cost of an initiator being a problem? Alright then.

Moving on.
    Pretty sure you can't use it outside of combat so it's not an initiator in the first place. And the number of DRKs that start fights with Plunge make me thankful for that.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are you one of those people who pull with Plunge because it feels like it should be an initiator?
    I LOVE PULLING WITH PLUNGE

it's why I levelled/started DRK in the first place haha!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i choked on my drink reading that lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

In dungeons there aren't really any mechanics where you're leaping from enemy to enemy like in Trials/Raids, so I use it as a pull ability. Then again I also pull with Provoke because there's very few instances when I would need voke for trash pulls anyway, since hate is solidified after a few unleashes, and it's got great range. When you pull a group of mobs and they're clustered around you, do you just use plunge as a regular oGCD to weave in?

I mean, if you pull a mob with Unmend, only that mob will have the additional enmity but the 6 other ones in the pack will not. Moreover, you're GOING to Unleash/Unmend the group regardless, so what difference does it make whether you Unmend or Plunge pull? Either way you're going to Unleash the same number of times once the mobs are clustered around you regardless if you pulled with Unmend/Plunge/Provoke, plus you're having the cooldown roll even sooner so it becomes available sooner for re-use. Now that said, I wouldn't pull a dungeon BOSS with Plunge or Provoke because the extra bit of enmity from Unmend helps you solidify a head start on enmity while Grit is on at least until after the a single Powerslash before turning grit off. But for trash --who cares?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

What's the point in bloodofthedragon & the fangnclawwheeliothrust stuff if theres no longer anything to spend it on. It was quite a unique resource but most of the ones they are adding to the classes in stormblood seam to be half assed.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I haven't played in forever but from the looks of the videos i've seen the new gauge meters don't seem to drain outside of combat, if thats the case then it would be available most of the time to initiate combat. Unless i'm wrong on the gauges draining outside of combat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    What's the point in bloodofthedragon & the fangnclawwheeliothrust stuff if theres no longer anything to spend it on. It was quite a unique resource but most of the ones they are adding to the classes in stormblood seam to be half assed.
    The biggest changes for those moves are the timers. F&C+WT only add 10 seconds each now as opposed to 15 before. And Geirskogul is on a 35 second timer as opposed to 10 seconds like it is now. So it's just more of an easier way to maintain BotD. I mean, it wasn't hard before but you know, "let's make the game easy for shit players and all" -YoshiP

You also need to maintain BotD in order to activate LotD which gives you Nostrand which is a free 300~something potency attack every 10 seconds. And to get that, you need to use Jump and Spineshatter Dive (on 30 and 60 second timers respectively). So basically it's just to make the rotations and upkeep of abilities easier

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    I haven't played in forever but from the looks of the videos i've seen the new gauge meters don't seem to drain outside of combat, if thats the case then it would be available most of the time to initiate combat. Unless i'm wrong on the gauges draining outside of combat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going by the live letter and some of these new videos it seems like some jobs do drain (Drg for example) and some don't (War, Rdm, etc). So yeah, should be available most of the time I'd imagine

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Added ranged physical role actions and BRD stuff. The stuff I noticed as different from English tooltips was Foe Requiem and a clearer description of the Wanderer's Minuet additional effect and the Empyreal Arrow trait.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Added ranged physical role actions and BRD stuff. The stuff I noticed as different from English tooltips was Foe Requiem and a clearer description of the Wanderer's Minuet additional effect and the Empyreal Arrow trait.
    Able to recheck wanderer's and army's? Both seem to mention Mage's effect of increased crit rate.