1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Able to recheck wanderer's and army's? Both seem to mention Mage's effect of increased crit rate.
    Looks intentional, the Famitsu blurb at the top also mentioned that. I think you need to look at them in combination with the other abilities like Troubadour, etc. Only the additional effects are different on the songs themselves

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Gonna bang the rest of this out now... casters and BLM are up, SMN next, then RDM last.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Are you sure about this one:

Caster Role Actions

Cleric Stance (Level 8 Ability)
    Increases attack magic potency by 5% for the duration of the effect (Duration: 15s / Recast: 90s)
    I think you've accidentally put in the healer role actions

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@haroldsaxon, was a copypasta error, all the actions there were the healer ones. I just fixed it.

I am pretty sure that I (and whoever translated the tooltip officially) badly botched the Bane translation, so I've corrected it for SCH and will do so for the upcoming SMN translation.

It would seem that Bane reduces damage by 20% with 2 or more targets. It doesn't scale all the way to 80% reduction, at least not by reading of the JP tooltip. It's written exactly the same way as the Flare tooltip... it says:

With 2 or more targets, potency is reduced by 20% per target, with a reduction of 20% at worst.

The Flare tooltip (and every other tooltip with AoE reduction) is written EXACTLY the same way and says:

With 2 or more targets, potency is reduced by 15% per target, with a reduction of 30% at worst.

I think the source of the confusion is that previously, the maximum reduction was usually 50%, so regardless of whether you read it as maximum reduction or minimum potency, it's effectively the same.

If the NA Bane tooltip is correct, then the Flare tooltip is wrong, and it nerfs more than before. However, 30% minimum wouldn't line up nicely with 15% reduction per target, so my bets are on Bane being wrong.

Edit: See next post and post #52, looks like Bane is correct and the Flare tooltip is wrong (assuming we are taking JP tooltips as gospel)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just to make it clear so we're all looking at the same thing... you don't have to know any Japanese to see that the two are written exactly the same way:

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So technically it's a bane buff, not a nerf? Unless I'm interpreting what you're writing incorrectly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    So technically it's a bane buff, not a nerf? Unless I'm interpreting what you're writing incorrectly.
    Depends on the number of targets. The DoTs would do less damage on the second and third spread target, and more on the fourth and beyond. Napkin math says it would take at least 6 total enemies (5 spread targets) before it was a buff to overall damage (assuming the targets last for the full duration, etc., there are a lot of factors at play).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, the Famitsu article did not include pet tooltips for Garuda-egi or Titan-egi. They did include Emerald and Topaz Carbuncle, though, as well as Ifrit-egi.

Shining Emerald previously had the same effect as Contagion, and the new Shining Emerald effect is that the target takes 10% increased magical damage for 15s (60s recast). Probably safe to assume Contagion will be the same?

Also, the damage from Ifrit-egi's Radiant Shield puts a 4s debuff on an enemy that makes it take 2% increased physical damage.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For its duration, increases the rate of critical hits dealt to the target by 20%

Does this mean a flat +20% like Battle Litany? Or is it +20% to whatever your base is? Like if your base crit rate is 25%, with Chain Strategem it's 30%? (25*1.20)

Seems really strong if the former, but then again, so is The Balance

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    and the new Shining Emerald effect is that the target takes 10% increased magical damage for 15s (60s recast). Probably safe to assume Contagion will be the same?
    Now I really do hope they improved pet responsiveness, since it was terrible enough getting them to do Contagion (which you had 20s some to get off before DoTs starting wearing) without utilizing a Stay macro. Now you have to get them to use the skill before you start your dots.

E. Body
    BG Level

I've talked to multiple people who translate for a living and their reading of the Bane/Flare tooltip is "damage drops by X% for every target from the 2nd on, to a minimum of X%", so the same as the English tooltips. Dunno where you're getting this other interpretation from.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    I've talked to multiple people who translate for a living and their reading of the Bane/Flare tooltip is "damage drops by X% for every target from the 2nd on, to a minimum of X%", so the same as the English tooltips. Dunno where you're getting this other interpretation from.
    Did you see the image I posted and the reference to the NA tooltips for Flare and Bane? They're both written in exactly the same format. There's no previous basis to reference because earlier everything dropped to 50% effectiveness so it didn't matter if the translation was right or wrong in that sense. For the NA tooltips, either Flare is wrong or Bane is wrong. Or if they're both correct, then one of the JP tooltips is wrong. It does look like Bane is correct and I apologize for any confusion, but if Bane is correct then Flare isn't.

Bane NA tooltip says 20% less for second, 40% less for third, 60% less for fourth, 80% less for fifth and beyond.
    Flare NA tooltip says 15% less for second, 30% less for third and beyond.

With Bane being correct, the JP tooltip for Flare says it decreases by 15% per target to a minimum of 30%, so Flare tooltip should be 15% less for second, 30% less for third, 45% less for fourth, 60% less for fifth, 70% (?) less for sixth and beyond?

Updated the original posts to talk about the discrepancy with the NA and JP tooltips for Bane and Flare and reverted to what's on the current NA tooltip for Bane, and updated Flare to what's on the JP tooltip. False alarm on Bane I guess, but looks like a Flare nerf. I guess that makes sense with Flare being slightly easier to utilize with Umbral Hearts along with Foul being added as a stronger AoE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Am I thinking of something else, or did they not mention removing Contagion? I swear there was a big change like that, keeping Garuda from being the de facto egi in all situations

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think it just got its effect swapped to magic damage taken +10% instead of adding DoT duration. For whatever reason Famitsu only took screen grabs of Emerald and Topaz Carbuncle tooltips, but they match up with Garuda-egi and Titan-egi now - Shining Emerald shows the MDT effect so I'm assuming Contagion is the same. I think a few of the english videos also mentioned that explicitly, but again, no tooltips.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Any chance we can get cooldown times added to this list? It's the most comprehensive listing I can find at the moment.

I'd be willing to contribute EN cooldown times if that would help.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I added recasts from the JP tooltips in the spots where they were missing. Let me know if something else is missing.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I look forward to people experiencing this first hand, and I'm not passing judgment yet, but I feel it just further blurs the lines between the jobs with so many shared abilities and unique aspects gutted to be put into the shared pool. Could just be information overload, I'll give it time to compute before I outright condemn it.

BRD came out nice though.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thanks for all the hard work, Slycer-bro !

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I look forward to people experiencing this first hand, and I'm not passing judgment yet, but I feel it just further blurs the lines between the jobs with so many shared abilities and unique aspects gutted to be put into the shared pool. Could just be information overload, I'll give it time to compute before I outright condemn it.

BRD came out nice though.
    Its also tooltips for a build created months ago that has constantly been updated in-house since, as per Yoshi, so...

No need to outright deny people their opportunity to cheer or lament, though.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Not sure if it came around here or not, but some pretty drastic changes have been implied by Yoshi-P recently about the release build vs the build people were playing at fanfests.

One big change is WHM's lily proc chance with Cure II is apparently 100% now instead of 20% according to an interview he had recently. Having it guaranteed certainly makes it a lot more useable, though we'll see how it works out.

Patch notes can't come out fast enough! Ugh.