+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Tracker for inside chromebook?

Hey everyone.

Our school next year is buying chromebooks to become a 1:1 school (thank god), but the admin are worried about them getting stolen/lost. Usually when an electronic gets stolen from the school they get it wiped before turning it on so it doesn't get tracked.

I was thinking of getting one of those stickers that you put on something to track it and possibly sticking it on the inside of the chromebook. I imagine that the tech guy could find a way to open it up and put it inside or something. That way they don't have to depend on someone turning it on.

Is something like that possible? Is it cost realistic for a school? Or possibly any other ideas people may have?

Thanks in advance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.preyproject.com/

https://lojack.absolute.com/en/offer/lojack-brand

I did some googling. I don't know what your price point

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thanks, I'll send that over to the tech guy. I imagine all of the bluetooth trackers are going to have monthly fees on them, eh? I don't think the admin are going to like that, but we'll see. xD