+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

I can't really think of any examples from the game besides Da Vinci whose in-game gender doesn't match their "historical" gender in Fate canon. Like Nero Claudius and Atilla the Hun are just straight up female in Fate history, the latter of which is actually
    Spoiler: show
    a bone fide alien from outer space who lives on the moon and was sent to eliminate all intelligent life on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh shit are they back? I used to use them for a bunch of shows years ago but they started delaying/not finishing shows and even the ones they kept up with they would be late on certain version/encodes and after awhile everything seemed on hiatus
    They came back for Apocrypha, yeah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not gonna bump the anime's thread since last post was like a year ago, so I'll just post a random here:

I felt like watching the first episode of Haikyuu, just to remember how it all started and so on, fast forward next day and I have watched the entire first season, lol. (just skipping some flashbacks and stuff). Shit's addicting as ever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Because it's the best show

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait is that info from the game cause I really don't remember any of this from the ova
    If I'm remembering right, the conversation comes up during the France chapter, which the OVA stopped at. So, no surprise you didn't see it there. But it also might've been Rome stuff.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Who was intentionally genderbent in France?

Do you mean
    Spoiler: show
    Chevalier d'Eon? Historically that person was an androgynous man who posed as a member of either sex in his capacity as a French spy. In the Fate universe, he has no assigned sex at all and can change his anatomy at will.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Because it's the best show
    This.

The only problem currently is that the anime is way too close to the manga so if we get another season, it won't be for some time. Between where the show ended and where the manga is, there's like a small training arc and then the nationals start, and we're barely into the nationals let alone deep enough to justify another awesome season

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Amazing World Of Gumball Season 5 Finale
    The creators of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared are co-producing the Season 5 finale.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rocko’s Modern Life TV movie

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Close Enough(2017)
    New animated series from Regular Show creator J.G. Quintel. The show centers on a married couple juggling such everyday challenges as parenthood, friendship, ham theft, stripper clowns and choosing the right day care.TBS has ordered 13 episodes of Close Enough, which is slated to launch Fall 2017.
    I loved the trailer near the end with adult jokes and surreal humor.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gonna toss this out there, Gamers is a surprisingly fun anime. Not like, AotS quality or anything overly fantastic. In fact, the animation quality is totally garbage at times lol. But the premise so far (2 episodes in) is charming, and the characters are likeable enough that it's worth keeping up with.

Also, had a Persona 4 Arena plug last episode so bonus points for that

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Also, had a Persona 4 Arena plug last episode so bonus points for that
    Instant watch.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie(Premieres this November)

Star Vs Season 3 Clip(break until November)

Country Club(2018)
    Animation style is pretty much Gravity Falls.The series is created by Chris and Shane Houghton, who originally worked on Nickelodeon’s Harvey Beaks. Rob Renzetti (creator of My Life as a Teenage Robot, supervising producer for Gravity Falls and executive producer of the 2017 reboot of DuckTales).

Big Hero 6: The Series

Premieres this November.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Niko and the Sword of Light Ep1-6(Amazon Prime Total 13 Episodes).

It started as an indie Animation Pilot kid show. it became so popular for Amazon, it was green-light as a full series. It’s animated by Titmouse (Venture Bros, Motorcity, Black Dynamite, Hanazuki, Metalocalypse etc) and is top notch and heads above a lot of current kid shows on streaming services. Niko is aimed at younger audiences, but it does have jokes and references that adults will appreciate. The story elements, character dynamics, and humor are directly inspiration from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Pilot: (22 minutes)
    I highly recommend watching the Pilot before the series, as it will let you decide if the show is worth checking out.

Series Trailer:
    Many elemental of Pilot are repeated differently in full series.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kakegurui Ep 4

Register to see the NSFW content
    ^

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

TMNT-Usagi Yojimbo(Part 1)

can we just have a mature Usagi Yojimbo animated series? I noticed there seemed to be a lot implied deaths in this episode. Jei killing a family, Sumo Kuma and his Samurais soldiers wiped out a village, and it looked like Usagi and the Turtles killed some of those Samurais.

Easily my favorite part was Usagi doing the Akira motorcycle drift with a horse.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll reiterate my earlier post and strongly recommend Princess Principal again. They are very much ripping off the style of Darker than Black and more than a little bit of Code Geass to do this one and I think it's working quite well.

Made in Abyss is alright. It's a slow burn that I watch on the treadmill because it doesn't keep my attention right now. I heard it gets better later.

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu is a bait show for chicks, but the action is really good because of ufotable. If there's a plot I have no idea what it is. Probably isn't one. Might drop this one.

Knights & Magic is the most generic show ever. The main character is even more self inserted than Kirito in SAO. He's perfect, is never wrong, can't lose, all the chicks love him, etc. Much like Touken Ranbu I have no idea if this even has a plot. Probably going to drop this one.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm sticking with Knight's & Magic only for the nice visuals and mecha. The main character is not that bad and I suffered through Accel World. Once you go through Accel World MCs like Knight's are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    The main character is not that bad and I suffered through Accel World. Once you go through Accel World MCs like Knight's are easy.
    I think at this point if you're suffering you should probably stop watching bad shows lol

Having said that I've seen Accel World and it didn't give me nearly as strong a reaction (or any...really) as K&M. I can't even say it's like Guilty Crown or Kabanari levels of guilty pleasure because at least those looked and sounded good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Haha, the only show I truly suffered the most on was Accel World. I only stuck with it because I like the premise a lot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Accel world got better once Arita stopped being a little bitch all the time... so like 3/4s the way thru the show. Also I kept waiting for Kirito to show up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast