My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Watched the first two episodes of The Reflection over the weekend. Definitely the most retro Marvel-style animation I've seen in a very long time. By that I mean it's extremely crude, we're talking late 1970s crude, to the point where you wonder if it'd turn off anime audiences completely. However the choreography of the scenes is EXCELLENT. There isn't much story substance in the first episode aside from world building & character introductions, but the second episode gets into that plus replays some scenes from Ep1 with additional context (in a really neat way) to make up for it.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I admit I started watching it and the style did turn me off indeed.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I admit I started watching it and the style did turn me off indeed.
    I wanted to both applaud Stan Lee for doing this kind of crossover project, and smack him for letting it look like that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

TMNT-Osoroshi no Tabi(Part 2)

Usagi is so fucking dope. I’m impressed with how this episode played out and I am excited to see the next episode with Usagi and the Turtles.

Spoiler: show

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm really enjoying Princess Principal, glad someone suggested it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kakegurui Ep 5

We Yuri now? Looks like every girl in the school wants to fuck Yumeko.

Reactions are still great.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season 2 of Senran Kagura announced
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/senran-ka...-announced-ps4

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes Ep1-4 (Re-watch)

First CN is releasing a ton of episodes every week of August. yesterday was the one hour primer. If you love Steven Universe, it's cute, hilarious and has it's own charm.

This the release for this week and new never seen episodes start on Thursday.

The release schedule for the whole month and yes CN is sending this series to die with 22 episodes in a single month(26 episodes for first season).

Intro by Hiroyuki Imaishi(Studio Trigger) and Ending by Rebecca Sugar(Steven Universe).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-or...th-note-japan/
    Netflix anime exclusives

Unlike the above Originals, Netflix will have shows that will only be released on its streaming service in 2018. These new titles include "Baki," "Lost Song," "Sword Gai: The Animation," "A.I.C.O. Incarnation," "B: The Beginning" and "Devilman Crybaby."

"A.I.C.O Incarnation," made by animation studio Bones and featuring an out-of-control artificial life form, looks like it will be the standout if you're a fan of sci-fi action. Bones is known for its work on fan favorites "Cowboy Bebop" and "Fullmetal Alchemist," so you can expect high-quality binge watching when it debuts in 2018 on Netflix.

Here's a quick breakdown of what to expect in 2018.

Baki

If you're a fan of mixed martial arts, "Baki" could be an intense watch. The hero Baki is a fighter who trains to be the best in the world. The anime, which is based on a manga, will see Baki take on death row inmates with his friends in what Netflix calls "The Ultimate Fighting Legend." It will have 26 episodes.

Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya

The 12 episode reimagining of the classic "Saint Seiya" series will feature a group of heroes who wear magical armor based on the constellations (hence zodiac) to defend the reincarnation of Greek goddess Athena against the other Olympian gods

Lost Song

This fantasy anime is about two singers who change the world with magical songs that heal wounds and create water. It will debut globally in 2018.

A.I.C.O Incarnation

Fans of "My Hero Academia" will love "A.I.C.O. Incarnation's" art as it's made by the same studio, Bones. Meanwhile sci-fi fans will appreciate the plot and design. Set in 2035 in Japan, it features a monstrous artificial life form isolated in a restricted zone and divers that breach the area to secure samples for money. It's the story of a girl named Aiko who learns she's not who she thought she was and has ties to the artificial life form.

B: The Beginning

The studio behind "Ghost in the Shell" is back with a new anime, and Project IG's latest series promises to be as essential as "A.I.C.O Incarnation." The plot revolves an investigator looking into a mysterious criminal organization and a serial killer called Killer B. It will feature sci-fi elements, fantasy and lots of drama.

Devilman crybaby

Don't be fooled by the weird name, as "Devilman crybaby" is a 10-episode series based on the original 1972 anime. It features the protagonist, Akira Fudo, transforming into a demon-human hybrid named Devilman. He then proceeds to try to save the world from the invasion of demons. It promises to be lots of fun and will be available in 2018.

Sword Gai(2018)

Children of the Whales
    Children of the Whales is an upcoming series on Netflix and looks beautifully animated with a very interesting premise.

Cannon Busters
    "Cannon Busters," an original series based on a comic by American LeSean Thomas, will be getting animated by Japanese studio Satelight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Netflix released trailers for Summer Seasons shows. I have no idea why Kakegurui is a 2018 unless there is a second season in the works or a large delay for DVD/BD quality streaming Netflix demands.

Fate/Apocrypha
    US+Canada: 11/7~, Worldwide: 12/2~(Season1) on Netflix.

Kakegurui

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

A.I.C.O Incarnation looks interesting

Hoping to find some interesting stuff at comiket in 10 days also~!

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Two bits of news from the corporate anime world.. Daisuki.net is shutting down in a few months (guessing the studios involved in its funding couldn't afford it anymore) and Sony bought a majority stake in Funimation (they claim the licensing deal with Crunchyroll will be unaffected ... riiight).

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not even sure I'm in the right season, but the finale of Little Witch Academia was GOAT. Forgot about the series and watched the final three episodes on a whim; so glad I did. Just such an awesome final fight with great animation/tunes/vibes throughout. Similar overall dynamic as Konasuba's final fight at the end of S1, but better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I have no idea why Kakegurui is a 2018 unless there is a second season in the works or a large delay for DVD/BD quality streaming Netflix demands.
    Maybe because of how Nextflix releases anime? afaik you won't actually be able to watch S1 there until it's done airing in Japan

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/110612
    http://www.anime-recorder.com/Articl...x?seq_no=14091
    Netflix has the rights for Violet Evergarden (KyoAni new show). it will be released weekly for Japanese Netflix in Winter 2018 and full series for other regions in Spring. Weird they didn't announce it during the Netflix Anime event.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So this is rumor, but I'm willing to trust it. AIC has sold the Tenchi Muyo IP to Kadokawa.
    This would be the primary reason there has been no NA license announcement for OVA 4.
    Also the 4th episode of the new OVA has been pushed from the end of this month to the middle of September, so probably no fansub until 2 months from now =\.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

THE LION'S BLAZE(Pilot)

The story felt rushed with everything they introduced in the pilot, but I bet it would make a really good animated movie or mini TV series.

TMNT-Kagayake! Kintaro(Part 3 Final)

Great episode with lots of action, seeing Leo throwing his sword into Jei’s chest, seeing it stick out of his back and it’s stays there for at least a few minutes while he’s fighting Usagi. Final scene was beautiful even with knowledge of Stan Sakai’s inspirations when he created Usagi Yojimbo.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY Ep1-2

I only watched 7 minutes but I couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Boku no Hero Academia S2 Ep19

More Asui Tsuyu is always good.

Owarimonogatari part 1(part 2 is tomorrow)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast