+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

For serious realsies, who could you see cast for this, would you prefer ein erased or some sort of hyper cgi'd detective pikachu in corgi form. How would you go about capturing the more light-hearded episodes, or the stand alone adventure ones that felt more dreamlike.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Forget spike and jet, I can't fathom how they wouldn't fuck up faye and ed beyond belief.
    Find one actress with the largest breasts you can find and other actress with the smallest breasts you can find. Bingo bango

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Inb4 Megan Fox as Faye.

In b4 Megan Fox as Ein.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Kate Beckinsale as Faye Valentine.

Millie Bobby Brown as Ed.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ryan Reynolds as Faye Valentine.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Ryan Reynolds as Faye Valentine.
    And also CGI Ein. Fuck Megan Fox actually.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Fuck Megan Fox actually.
    All night long.

Yeah, I worry Faye is just going to get politically corrected and modernized into virtual unrecognition.

She starts off as a shitty human being precisely because shitty things were done to her. Wake up an amnesiac after racking up a bill to heal from some terminal illness/accident they put you in stasis for? Check. Have the people you thought were taking care of you foist their own debts onto you after growing close to one and faking his death? Check. Avoiding debt collectors, the law, and probably bounty hunters because there's fuck all you can do? Check. Taking advantage of your sex appeal because that's pretty much the only thing you've got? Check. Sure, there are some blanks to fill in like how she got her ship, got good at cards/gambling, and being an escape artist, but they're not really unreasonable milestones given the universe.

My main worry is some will think she's too "damsel in distress" at the start, so her amnesiac backstory winds up scrapped and she somehow just becomes some random badass chick. And while I wouldn't expect her outfit to reasonably translate 1:1 to reality or even look good, I mentioned sex appeal because that's still part of who she was. Casting an uggo while showing no skin or wearing bulky clothes just won't work. Hot as I think Kate is, she's too old for the role. Keep Fox a few galaxies away from the possibility, too. Ruling out stasis shenanigans, I'd pretty much put Faye in her late-20's up to mid-30's. She's gotta be a woman, not a teenager or college kid. Doesn't even have to be a widely known actor for me, either. She's just gotta check some of those earlier boxes while knowing how to act.

But like others, I don't have high expectations. I don't need them to recreate the anime in live action form, either. An alternate universe otherwise sticking to core facets like I outlined of Faye, Spike being a war vet and ex-mobster, Jet a "retired" cop, and so on. I can live without Ein, but also wouldn't be against him just being a pet they eventually acquire. Some high science, dabblings in mysticism, and worlds generally have their own cultures are pretty much required, too. Julia could have a greater role in things. VT could be more or a recurring character. Let Steve Blum, Beau Billingslea, Mary McGlynn, and Wendee Lee replace the old man trio for silly cameos and an homage.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Faye was supposedly supposed to be somewhere between 20-23 btw. She had the accident that put her into cryo when she was 20 and was in stasis for 54 years. The wiki's all say she was 'perceived' to be 23 but was actually 77 years old which i'll assume means that's her age by the end of the series. Ain't no japs letting some christmas cake exude sexuality cmon bruh.

Like you though I think they will absolutely destroy any nuance to her character as I always found her to be more multi faceted than anyone else in the main cast. Spike/jet are both simple af and should be the easiest characters to fill.

I don't want to imagine them remaking Jupiter Jazz and how much they would bastardize everything about that let alone Gren.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't know when these companies will realize that if anime fans want to watch Cowboy Bebop, we'll just go rewatch the anime for the 7th time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The live action Initial D movie was pretty lit. They took some liberties on some characters' personalities but it was a really good anime adaption. Whether Netflix can not fuck this one up is a different matter.

Just remaster the anime OST and call it a day.

Also, give me the mushroom episode. much lulz

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Make something new instead of shitting on something old please. kthx

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Give me that space lobster episode as a comedy movie and I'm set. They can do the serious material in the sequel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Give me that space lobster episode as a comedy movie and I'm set. They can do the serious material in the sequel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Oh my god, I forgot about that one

Cowboy Bebop Story Details

Not sure how legitimate this story/website is, but I know this will piss off a few of you. Guns that shoot blackholes ya'll

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Cowboy Bebop Story Details

Not sure how legitimate this story/website is, but I know this will piss off a few of you. Guns that shoot blackholes ya'll
    Guns with blackholes? Isn't that from Outlaw Star?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Close enough amirite!?

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Guns with blackholes? Isn't that from Outlaw Star?
    Or Graviton Lance from Destiny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast