1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I anticipate it will help most with longterm effects like songs and huton. That shit can get annoying to watch for just because it's up for so long. As a healer who is constantly glancing at people's bars and statuses I don't tend to miss short-term effect but I struggle more with keeping up "set it and forget it" type stuff.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Meters were only created so people wouldn't spend 90% of every fight staring at their bars instead of at the actual fight in question. How much it'll actually help... who can say at this point in time. I get why they did it, though. WoW could still use something along those lines; its so easy to tunnel vision and only stare at your hotbars until its time to move left or right.
    PLD never had to stare at its status bar though, is my point.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still going to need to stare at my bars regardless for mechanics shit and watch buffs not covered by the gauge, as well as debuffs in general.

So in essence it's just a third UI thing I have to watch now since Job Gauge shows info on some jobs that isn't covered by their buff bar.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    PLD never had to stare at its status bar though, is my point.
    And a fair one at that. I think at the rate they were going, though, it'd have stood out a bit if Pld was the only one without a bar. Don't tell me you can't imagine all of the idiotic questions sent to Yoshi about why Plds don't have a cool new graphic when other jobs do.

Masses are predictable. SE knows that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's everybody's fault.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its Curry's fault, primarily.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Meters were only created so people wouldn't spend 90% of every fight staring at their bars instead of at the actual fight in question. How much it'll actually help... who can say at this point in time. I get why they did it, though. WoW could still use something along those lines; its so easy to tunnel vision and only stare at your hotbars until its time to move left or right.
    This is true, though I feel some of these meters were just shoehorned in so they could say they have a meter for all of the jobs... jobs that come to mind WHM, NIN, WAR, DRK, few others.

Remains to be seen if the visibility alone will make it easier for some people, but mu hunch is that it will only benefit people who are just above the causal status in game.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

WAR's makes the most sense to me (theoretically) out of all of them except maybe DRG's. Two stances with a bunch of abilities that generate stacks (meter) and a bunch of abilities that consume those stacks (meter).

WHM and PLD are the two that really just don't feel like they should exist, to me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The BLM one looks pretty complicated... I do like the Monk and Nin ones, though. Nice to have a fat gauge tell me how much time I have left.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They just turned the BotD timer into a bar that's 200x easier to manage because the cooldown is 30 sec and they give you +10 secs every combo.

I hated BotD in HW. This seems so much more tolerable.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    They just turned the BotD timer into a bar that's 200x easier to manage because the cooldown is 30 sec and they give you +10 secs every combo.

I hated BotD in HW. This seems so much more tolerable.
    +20 seconds every combo, now that F&C and WT can be chained back to back (at lvl64 when you get the Lance Mastery trait that is)

Dragoon and Black Mage's are the only ones that decrease over time yeah? I mean, every other job only loses their gauge when they use up their abilities. Or do other jobs have to deal with time too?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I bet lose over time and/or reset after you exit combat mode.

Imagine this otherwise:

ELITE RAID GROUP SHOOTING FOR WORLD FIRST
    On first pull,everyone's bar is full from fighting trash
    <wipe>
    NEED TO FILL BARS FOR MAX DPS. RESET INSTANCE

and loop.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Maybe changing zones, but in the live letter at least (albeit old build) when YoshiP was casually killings mobs his bars stayed filled even when he wasn't fighting

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Worth noting that he also had godmode on

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So long story short:

People who are shit now and refuse to learn how to play won't learn how to play because they added a gauge.

Hopefully the "much older build" that everyone, even on reddit/OF is hanging onto (much like "yoshi says I don't have to dps as healer!") has massive changes then that reinvents the system a 2nd time for SB otherwise it really, really does feel tacked on since you'll have to still look at buffs/debuffs anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    +20 seconds every combo, now that F&C and WT can be chained back to back (at lvl64 when you get the Lance Mastery trait that is)
    Its +10 for each one of those move but you spent about 10-12 seconds (Depending on how SS affects us at 70) trying to get there so I'm going with net gain.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dragoon and Black Mage's are the only ones that decrease over time yeah? I mean, every other job only loses their gauge when they use up their abilities. Or do other jobs have to deal with time too?
    BRD's is technically timed (as each song has a max duration).
    Not sure how MCH heat mechanic works yet (do you lose all heat when you exit combat, or does it count down?).

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not prejudiced and willing to wait before judging, however I'm skeptical that these gauges are gonna feel more intuitive or gonna be less distracting to follow than the previous system. I think they're gonna have the opposite effect, at least on some jobs.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not 100% sure I understood the question; but summoners aetherflow buildup towards Dreadwyrm trance has a countdown, each time you use a an ability that counts towards trance you gain a stack that counts down from 30, need to use another aetherflow stack to build another trance stack (and the timer resets) within 30 seconds until you have 3 trance stacks and can trance. if it hits 0 you lose the buildup stacks.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Guess they wanted every job to get a resource to manage, rather than only a select few having one. I guess it adds depth to the job, as opposed to PLD which was 1-2-3. Sucks though for PLD that they don't have anything offensive to splurge their gauge on when OTing in Sword Oath like a nice Fell Cleave or something.