+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Idk why you guys are even bothering. I've been labbing for the first week to get a grip on hit confirms and my characters combos. Playing matches against people isn't going to help much until you understand your team well enough to convert everything into oki for every scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Like, would you get mad if you weren't winning matches in Street Fighter if you couldn't anti air with dragon punch and your hardest hitting combo is a sweep?

Don't expect to win anything in DBZ if you can't punish air dashes on reaction and are landing 2.5k damage auto combos. HOT TAKE
    I spent months in SF4 grinding out time in the lab trying to nail down a single bnb combo. I never once landed it in an actual match. Spending time in matches against opponents led to me becoming better at reading opponents, improving my ability to control character movement and punish things more consistently. Time in the lab is important, but it will only teach you part of the game and I remain unconvinced that it's worth devoting all your time to it when you don't yet have the basics down.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Ranked it impossible. I beat the hell out of everyone I play and they rage quit.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    I spent months in SF4 grinding out time in the lab trying to nail down a single bnb combo. I never once landed it in an actual match. Spending time in matches against opponents led to me becoming better at reading opponents, improving my ability to control character movement and punish things more consistently. Time in the lab is important, but it will only teach you part of the game and I remain unconvinced that it's worth devoting all your time to it when you don't yet have the basics down.
    Punishing consistently can't happen until you learn how to actually punish. A lot of people here are new to fighting games, and don't understand what a simple punish is. They will never understand until they spend a fair amount of time in training mode. I'm someone who learns by playing as well, but it's a waste if you cant execute the basic stuff needed to win. That's the point I was trying to drive home.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck me I actually might have to swap Cell for Tien. Just did a pretty simple 6985dmg combo on him. That Neo Tri Beam hurts like hell and both his ground and air game seem to be pretty good.

BG Level

Tien's standing light is on some shit too....that shit beats EVERYTHING GDI.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Also holy mother of god SonicFox´s Hit is insane. Actually considering adding him into my roster aswell tho he´s really really different to play and I guess pretty hard to somewhat "master".

BG Level

I'm probably just done with ranked lol. I've literally been robbed of more wins tonight than I have total games listed played.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Did GG or any other ArcSys game ever add a quitter penalty after the fact?

Well ranked has always been dead in NA For arcsys fighters except right at release so rage quitters have never been an issue.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Really really going to have to step my Tien game up. Mfer has a 100% solo combo using Sparkling. Jfc....

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

How's the online been with this so far?

BG Level

Matches are absolutely fantastic. In ranked though, more matches result in rage quits than conclusions.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Matches are absolutely fantastic. In ranked though, more matches result in rage quits than conclusions.
    100ish fights in, don't think ive had anyone rage quit yet. Only 2 disconnections total so far, but they were both so early in the match that itd be weird if it was someone raging lol

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dragon Ball FighterZ - DBZ fighting game by Arc System Works - 2018

I only did like 20 fights, the rest of the time i spent in the lab. But the matches were all really good.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd read on twitter about folks experiencing problems with either the netcode/dealing with not being able to apparently challenge friends directly or anything like that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I haven't been able to get into a ring match (no rooms found) since the day of launch. Ranked/casual works though. Never got into an arena match either.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ring matches I have issues connecting to from time to time, but once in a match anything 2 bars or over is usually fine. 4frame lag at worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ok gotcha! Thanks!

BG Level

Never had an issue with a Ring Match.

I don't care how bad I am, pulling off comebacks like this makes it all worth it.