+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

I think it means more they don't want to do silly characters that obviously couldn't fight like Bulma, Videl, probably not Mr. Satan. Guess we have to give up hope on having Chi Chi has a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Problem for Bulma as a character is Arcsys is basically translating every manga panel move into a chara's moveset. Bulma obviously has no manga moves, unless we're talking puff-puff and showing her underage pussy to Roshi.

Yeah I can see some sort of capsule rocket-punch fighter thing as easily as any of you, but we'll have to see when literally everyone else has their moveset ripped straight from manga still-shots.
    Let's not forget Rise who fights with song notes and a mic stand, I'm sure they could translate any manga panel or device into an attack if they wanted.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I remember reading a comment from the producer that they only want characters who are realistically capable of going toe to toe with the other characters. Krillin is already pushing it in that regard
    What are you saying that My Yamcha can't beat buu?????

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Mr. Satan's theatric ego could easily go toe to toe with anyone in the universe.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    What are you saying that My Yamcha can't beat buu?????
    Maybe in a game of baseball.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Let's not forget Rise who fights with song notes and a mic stand, I'm sure they could translate any manga panel or device into an attack if they wanted.
    You've missed what I'm saying. I don't know if there is a manga or not where Rise bashes people with a mic stand, but we have seen 0 evidence so far of any character in this game using any attack that didn't come ripped straight from a Manga panel. Unless you've seen Bulma using roundhouses or uppercuts somewhere in the manga, I don't think the trend is going to change.

I know that they easily -can- do it, but whether they will break the thus-far 100% trend they're currently on and -will- do it... that much, I don't know.

I very much doubt it, but that's just me.

I could easily see Chi-Chi because she actually has pages of offense to go off of. Bulma never fought, whether in a rocket ship or space fighter or gundam or anything. There is 0 manga reference to go off of. I just don't think they're going to make up a 100% game-original moveset based on the precedent they've set.

If this game had 100% pure assist charas like MvC, that come in, do a single thing, then leave, then I could see Bulma at that point, a long with a shit-ton other characters, like Pilaf (in the Pilaf Machine), Chaotzu (dodonpa, telekinesis), Nail (turn-around blast, neck chop), No.20 (energy drain, eye lasers, headbutt), ect. Minor characters that otherwise wouldn't be considered to be main roster spots.

I'd love to have Yajirobe as a dedicated assist, because his classic Samurai diving slash manga image looks so iconic, plus he was a fucking baller in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

If this game blows up in popularity and they make a second, I'd 100% hope that they put in standalone assist characters. Seeing minor-yet-cool characters would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You've missed what I'm saying. I don't know if there is a manga or not where Rise bashes people with a mic stand, but we have seen 0 evidence so far of any character in this game using any attack that didn't come ripped straight from a Manga panel. Unless you've seen Bulma using roundhouses or uppercuts somewhere in the manga, I don't think the trend is going to change.

I know that they easily -can- do it, but whether they will break the thus-far 100% trend they're currently on and -will- do it... that much, I don't know.

I very much doubt it, but that's just me.

I could easily see Chi-Chi because she actually has pages of offense to go off of. Bulma never fought, whether in a rocket ship or space fighter or gundam or anything. There is 0 manga reference to go off of. I just don't think they're going to make up a 100% game-original moveset based on the precedent they've set.

If this game had 100% pure assist charas like MvC, that come in, do a single thing, then leave, then I could see Bulma at that point, a long with a shit-ton other characters, like Pilaf (in the Pilaf Machine), Chaotzu (dodonpa, telekinesis), Nail (turn-around blast, neck chop), No.20 (energy drain, eye lasers, headbutt), ect. Minor characters that otherwise wouldn't be considered to be main roster spots.

I'd love to have Yajirobe as a dedicated assist, because his classic Samurai diving slash manga image looks so iconic, plus he was a fucking baller in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

If this game blows up in popularity and they make a second, I'd 100% hope that they put in standalone assist characters. Seeing minor-yet-cool characters would be great.
    What are you talking about?

Rise is from Persona 4 and is basically the only character that doesn't fight in her normal game (she's pure support) and yet they've got her as a character in a fighting game. Why are you over thinking this? The entire point was that they COULD do it easily, not that they will.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

We know they -could- do anything easily. Anything.

Devilman could be in, easily. Same with Grandpa Gohan.

Both of those should happen, actually. They were both in BT3. God, that game had an amazing final roster.

It should ideally because I think it would make for a better game but who knows at this point. If all the cool characters are present (and Trunks is in so I'm set) then I'd like to see some weird/odd characters in the roster.

Though I don't really want them to be pure assists it would be a hell of a lot easier to do than an actual full character so there could be more.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Then again relative power level means nothing in DBZ games before. Nappa has pretty much always been God Tier from what I remember.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Dragon Ball FighterZ - DBZ fighting game by Arc System Works - 2018

It would be nice to see a Kokonoe-style Bulma.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion because "er mah gawd dis da new mahvel," but all the characters so far seem to play exactly the same way. Which has always been a problem with dbz fighting games.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

16/18 confirmed as well as SSB Goku/Vegeta. Can't post pics from my job, but here's the link.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/...if-story-mode/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

17 is apparently summoned during at least one of 18's supers. Seems unlikely he will be in as a standalone character.

Surprised 16 got in thou, makes me more optimistic about the rest of the roster.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    17 is apparently summoned during at least one of 18's supers. Seems unlikely he will be in as a standalone character.

Surprised 16 got in thou, makes me more optimistic about the rest of the roster.
    16 better love birds.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

16 better summon birds to attack something.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

There are some supposed press kit leaks on 2ch, dunno if legit. Playable characters: adult gohan, yamcha, tien, caulifla, kale, videl. 34+ total characters in roster.

DLC (some free) costumes, listed examples are farmer goku, majin vegeta, tracksuit 18, saiyaman gohan, bandit yamcha.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Oh that shit would be rad. Tracksuit 18, Majin Vegeta, Farmer!!!!Goku LOL.

And as far as playables.. if this is legit that is, I wonder if 17 is there or really absent. That'd be a shame. Videl/Caulifla/Kale being more female chars for the game would be good.

Either way, 34+ characters in a game like this would still be rad, DLC excluded.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My understanding is that entire leak was completely debunked solely on the basis of costumes being added. Arcsys animation style is not conducive to adding multiple costime variations, unless they're literally just texture/palette swaps.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, I doubt it's gonna be real due to the whole costume thing and Arcsys animations, but hey, who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast