+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 132 of 132
  1. #121

    I think it means more they don't want to do silly characters that obviously couldn't fight like Bulma, Videl, probably not Mr. Satan. Guess we have to give up hope on having Chi Chi has a fighter.

  2. #122

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Problem for Bulma as a character is Arcsys is basically translating every manga panel move into a chara's moveset. Bulma obviously has no manga moves, unless we're talking puff-puff and showing her underage pussy to Roshi.

    Yeah I can see some sort of capsule rocket-punch fighter thing as easily as any of you, but we'll have to see when literally everyone else has their moveset ripped straight from manga still-shots.
    Let's not forget Rise who fights with song notes and a mic stand, I'm sure they could translate any manga panel or device into an attack if they wanted.

  3. #123
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,739
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I remember reading a comment from the producer that they only want characters who are realistically capable of going toe to toe with the other characters. Krillin is already pushing it in that regard
    What are you saying that My Yamcha can't beat buu?????

  4. #124
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,158
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Mr. Satan's theatric ego could easily go toe to toe with anyone in the universe.

  5. #125
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,150
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    What are you saying that My Yamcha can't beat buu?????
    Maybe in a game of baseball.

  6. #126
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,668
    BG Level
    7

  7. #127
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Let's not forget Rise who fights with song notes and a mic stand, I'm sure they could translate any manga panel or device into an attack if they wanted.
    You've missed what I'm saying. I don't know if there is a manga or not where Rise bashes people with a mic stand, but we have seen 0 evidence so far of any character in this game using any attack that didn't come ripped straight from a Manga panel. Unless you've seen Bulma using roundhouses or uppercuts somewhere in the manga, I don't think the trend is going to change.

    I know that they easily -can- do it, but whether they will break the thus-far 100% trend they're currently on and -will- do it... that much, I don't know.

    I very much doubt it, but that's just me.

    I could easily see Chi-Chi because she actually has pages of offense to go off of. Bulma never fought, whether in a rocket ship or space fighter or gundam or anything. There is 0 manga reference to go off of. I just don't think they're going to make up a 100% game-original moveset based on the precedent they've set.

    If this game had 100% pure assist charas like MvC, that come in, do a single thing, then leave, then I could see Bulma at that point, a long with a shit-ton other characters, like Pilaf (in the Pilaf Machine), Chaotzu (dodonpa, telekinesis), Nail (turn-around blast, neck chop), No.20 (energy drain, eye lasers, headbutt), ect. Minor characters that otherwise wouldn't be considered to be main roster spots.

    I'd love to have Yajirobe as a dedicated assist, because his classic Samurai diving slash manga image looks so iconic, plus he was a fucking baller in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

    If this game blows up in popularity and they make a second, I'd 100% hope that they put in standalone assist characters. Seeing minor-yet-cool characters would be great.

  8. #128

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You've missed what I'm saying. I don't know if there is a manga or not where Rise bashes people with a mic stand, but we have seen 0 evidence so far of any character in this game using any attack that didn't come ripped straight from a Manga panel. Unless you've seen Bulma using roundhouses or uppercuts somewhere in the manga, I don't think the trend is going to change.

    I know that they easily -can- do it, but whether they will break the thus-far 100% trend they're currently on and -will- do it... that much, I don't know.

    I very much doubt it, but that's just me.

    I could easily see Chi-Chi because she actually has pages of offense to go off of. Bulma never fought, whether in a rocket ship or space fighter or gundam or anything. There is 0 manga reference to go off of. I just don't think they're going to make up a 100% game-original moveset based on the precedent they've set.

    If this game had 100% pure assist charas like MvC, that come in, do a single thing, then leave, then I could see Bulma at that point, a long with a shit-ton other characters, like Pilaf (in the Pilaf Machine), Chaotzu (dodonpa, telekinesis), Nail (turn-around blast, neck chop), No.20 (energy drain, eye lasers, headbutt), ect. Minor characters that otherwise wouldn't be considered to be main roster spots.

    I'd love to have Yajirobe as a dedicated assist, because his classic Samurai diving slash manga image looks so iconic, plus he was a fucking baller in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

    If this game blows up in popularity and they make a second, I'd 100% hope that they put in standalone assist characters. Seeing minor-yet-cool characters would be great.
    What are you talking about?

    Rise is from Persona 4 and is basically the only character that doesn't fight in her normal game (she's pure support) and yet they've got her as a character in a fighting game. Why are you over thinking this? The entire point was that they COULD do it easily, not that they will.

  9. #129
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    We know they -could- do anything easily. Anything.

    Devilman could be in, easily. Same with Grandpa Gohan.

    Both of those should happen, actually. They were both in BT3. God, that game had an amazing final roster.

  10. #130

    It should ideally because I think it would make for a better game but who knows at this point. If all the cool characters are present (and Trunks is in so I'm set) then I'd like to see some weird/odd characters in the roster.

    Though I don't really want them to be pure assists it would be a hell of a lot easier to do than an actual full character so there could be more.

  11. #131
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,158
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Then again relative power level means nothing in DBZ games before. Nappa has pretty much always been God Tier from what I remember.

  12. #132
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    20,195
    BG Level
    10

    Dragon Ball FighterZ - DBZ fighting game by Arc System Works - 2018

    It would be nice to see a Kokonoe-style Bulma.

    This will probably be an unpopular opinion because "er mah gawd dis da new mahvel," but all the characters so far seem to play exactly the same way. Which has always been a problem with dbz fighting games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Similar Threads

  1. Arc System Works new title tease
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-07-06, 09:43
  2. Arc System Works new game incoming
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2010-07-25, 16:39
  3. PC games that arent system requirement heavy
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2009-12-02, 09:11