Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Am I really the only one who doesn't enjoy AL at ALL?! I can tolerate Behemoth but I can't stand AL.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not awful, but like Behemoth no reason to do it more then required.

Lucked into 2 Mutagens in only 2 runs + the mats needed for Zireael, so I'm good

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I hated the Witcher quest and haven't even bothered trying AL yet honestly.

Edit: I think maybe I'm just a little burned out from ATKT. Adding another layer of RNG to the game was pretty bad already, but the abysmal rates on the better weapons from such a boring fight is just too much.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's not awful, but like Behemoth no reason to do it more then required.

Lucked into 2 Mutagens in only 2 runs + the mats needed for Zireael, so I'm good
    I did one successful run and then felyne pilfered the rest and washed my hands of it.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I hated the Witcher quest and haven't even bothered trying AL yet honestly.

Edit: I think maybe I'm just a little burned out from ATKT. Adding another layer of RNG to the game was pretty bad already, but the abysmal rates on the better weapons from such a boring fight is just too much.
    what does rng have to do with any of the witcher stuff? the skull is 100% from the kill and the claw and antlers are 100% from breaking parts
    those are the items that make the zireael

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Can't wait to see why new toys they give Lance

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Other then new stuff with the grappling hook or whatever they're calling it, I feel like for most weapons they can't really add too much cause all of the button combinations are already spoken for.

The Iai move for Long Sword looks pretty dope, hopefully it doesn't cause tripping tho

Other then new stuff with the grappling hook or whatever they're calling it, I feel like for most weapons they can't really add too much cause all of the button combinations are already spoken for.

The Iai move for Long Sword looks pretty dope, hopefully it doesn't cause tripping tho
    It'll trip you from across the map.

Longsword in MP...not even once.

BG Level

get that one flinch free jewel into your builds now

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And not cap Peak Performance? I don't think so

New stuff does look cool but my question is still what they're going to do about skills. Will they raise skill caps? Because right now Behemoth set and right gems can give you literally anything you want for a melee. It literally can't get better skill efficiency. Unless Master rank monsters hit obscenely harder than AT, I'd be confused why to upgrade armor if not change in skill structure.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Armor values with the new rank will probably be somewhere around double what they are now if it's like past entries. The amount of skills you can fit into a set will probably only go up slightly honestly, especially if they go with monster specific skills that give 2-3 effects again.

My guess is weapons and armor up to rank 10, sharpness to purple with a hefty jump from white>purple.

BG Level

And not cap Peak Performance? I don't think so
    meh, 10 attack is such a minor increase to damage. i dont even put pp into builds anymore. masters touch/white sharpness/100% affinity/non-elemental boost/3 critical boost/critical element/fortify/evasion mantle/hunting horn attack boost XL. that's all the shit that really increases your damage, 'cause multiplicative damage beats the shit out of additive damage

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Armor values with the new rank will probably be somewhere around double what they are now if it's like past entries. The amount of skills you can fit into a set will probably only go up slightly honestly, especially if they go with monster specific skills that give 2-3 effects again.

My guess is weapons and armor up to rank 10, sharpness to purple with a hefty jump from white>purple.
    a massive armour increase with monster damage going up huge is my assumption as well. it's the only way you can do it
    i didn't think about new sharpness but that makes a lot of sense with gating new content too

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So speaking of damage output, I just learned a couple days ago about the Palico Affinity bug.

Apparently the game can't properly process a Palico having negative affinity, so give them a weapon with negative (Jho or Witcher 3 weapon) and they actually end up with 100% crit rate. Paired up with Meowlotov and it's crazy high damage output (talking like 600-700 damage per hit Rath of Meow)

BG Level

haha, no way that lasts long

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's been around since the game released apparently, but no one really noticed until the PC version (and the Jho patch) came out and people could actually see Palico damage numbers with mods.

I'm sure it will be removed in Iceborne, but Capcom has never really fucked with balance patches for Monster Hunter outside of that we saw early on in World.

3/3U had some ridiculously OP shit with ChaCha and Kayamba (that games version of Palicoes). One could wear the Artillery Mask, which would shoot the other as a projectile and temporarily KO him. Pair it up with a skill they could acquire that increased damage everytime they got knocked out and wooboy, them motherfuckers be dropping bombs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Iceborne will probably have a balance pass on the weapons in it as well as some bug fixes. I could see elemental bow getting a small nerf, and IG getting a damage or kinsect stamina buff. I doubt they'll mess with cluster bomb damage since it'll lose power naturally in the new rank. Hammer and other less used weapons will probably get new moves to make them seem more attractive.

BG Level

BG Level

Anyway odd question. Anyone have any tips to learn new weapons when you get dull grinding ATs? Such as best targets to train on, etc? Thinking of picking up DBs again and maybe trying out Bow/Light Gun Bow