Closed Thread
Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Just makes me wish I could use armour for looks and not stats. I'm very strong but I look dumb and I hate it.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The Pants are really fucking good (look at the IG set I posted above, which would be impossible without the pants), the rest is honestly not very good. Not like, Aloy set bad, just a bad stat budget. I'm already kinda looking down on people wearing the full set.
    What about the sword? Is it worth making?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The sword is cool looking and a decent alternative to the Tobi CB. Tobi SAED does more damage to Kulve Taroth, but the element phials will sometimes hit for zero due to her thunder immunity even while armored. It has a ton of blue sharpness, so at least handicraft isn't needed.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's decent and probably an ok choice for Thunder weak mobs, but as with all things Charge Blade it loses to the Diablos one.

It looks really fucking cool tho, which is by far the most important part.

It looks cool and isn't shit therefore worth using.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I finally was able to make the Reaver "Calamity" long sword. Should hold me over until I can get Divine Slasher. The raw damage on it is crazy for a long sword. Just need to build around the -25% affinity.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    The event is really good for money at least. If I didn't splurge on upgrades and augments, I'd have well over 1m right now from selling materials. Probably gonna try and hit it today before the event ends this week.
    I think I'm over 6 million now, and that was after spending over a million on consumables to last a good long while, when they were half off, during the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    How good is all the Dante gear from the Code Red event? I think the leather boots are pretty good but I am not sure about the rest. Got lucky on gems recently carved an odogaron and anja gem during my first code red run then carved a teostra gem on the next.
    I made a set of all Beta gear and I always make all event gear; never know when something will become useful.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Now that Kulve is gone, here's a quick wrap-up post. Remember that this is from a solo perspective, so take that as you will.

Fight Concept Grade: A

I really did like the combination of siege and fight that Capcom came up with, which is much better then the Zora fight earlier in the game. The canons let you target specific parts to break and the rocks let you easily break the gold plating, for possible weapon carves, at any pursuit level. I do think they could have kept it to three areas, instead of four, as that would have quickened the fights and made the the middle part of the fight far less tedious. Considering the scout flies kept whiplashing me, even after the horns were broken, leads me to think they may add a fight to actually kill her, or it was originally intended, but ended up being far too long of a fight, even for four people.

Implementation Grade: C

First off it needed to scale from 1-4 people only, and they need to ditch the whole 16 person lobby system of progression, which had a myriad of abuses I won't even get into. Because of the scaling, a solo fight is too long at 15-20 minutes a pop, and at the end, it could still take me 2.5 hours to break the horns with a reward level high enough to get the three gold rewards. They also did a horrible job with her hitbox, as her roll attack was inconsistent as all fuck as to when it would register it hitting you. She also force pushed you way to GD far whenever she did roll. Clipping through the enviroment was a big issue as well, and I still don't understand why Devs haven't figured out how to keep something that long from have 90% of it's body outside of the playable area, depending on what it decides it wants to do. Her AI was also really bonkers as well; she would roll away from you, even if right in front of her, or she would do lunge/belly flops when nothing was in front of her. She would also do way too may fire spits in a row, when you were too far out of range for it to hit you even if she was lined up properly. It also made no sense to have that nearly instant, 180 degree turn/fire spit before molting; shit was stupid fast for that mode when every other attack was a lumbering test of the emergency broadcast sytem getthefuckingattackoverwithalready.

Rewards Grade: D

Despite the fact that some of the rewards were ridiculously awesome, the way they implemented it was just total garbage. Certainly, if you were in a 16 person lobby, you got a lot more drops, and therefore, probably got to see more of the better drops, but certainly as solo play, it was pointedly shitty to see so few rewards for so much effort. They needed to cut out all of the R6 weapons that had no R7-8 version, make the R6 craftable with the fuckton of drops you got grinding, and then be able to upgrade the R7/8 versions like the normal weapon trees; just add a new box specifically for Kulve weapons, in the current interface, and you'd have had an A+ reward system. Hell, you could do that for all of the later fights that have large loot tables and call it a day.

At the end of the day, I ended up with the following:

R6 Weapons: 111
    R7 Weapons: 47
    R8 Weapons: 14

Notable Quotables:

Lance:
    Taroth Crest "Claw"
    Taroth Crest "Thief"
    Taroth Crest "Thunder"
    Taroth Crest "Water"

Gun Lance: Taroth Buster "King"

Sword and Shield: Taroth Slicer "Stream"

Charge Blade: Taroth Strongarm "Claw"

Dual Blade:
    Taroth Daggers "Horn"
    Taroth Daggers "Poison"

Bow:
    Taroth Arrow "Rage"
    Taroth Arrow "Thunder"
    Taroth Arrow "Water"

Switch Axe: Taroth Axe "Horn"

Long Sword:
    Taroth Sword "Decay"
    Taroth Sword "Water"

IG Taroth Glaive "Paralysis"

LBG Taroth Blitz "Spread"

HBG Taroth Assault "Glutton"

As an HBG main, the Glutton is just ridiculously good and rips through anything that's susceptible to spread fire. I would have liked to get the Support R8 weapon, but I rarely use just Pierce shots. Between Griffon Blazooka, and Glutton, there's not much need for anything else unless you want to spam clusters at shit (boring).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Wrapped up the day pretty good getting the Taroth Sword Water that I wanted since the beginning. I got Paralysis before, but wanted Water just to top it off. Will double check the other weapons tomorrow as I clean house and get rid of all these R6 and dupes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Never got the gold diablos CB, but right at the end of the event, I tried my luck with SOSing for the new USJ armor and got a japanese hunter that would set the hunt to continue. Got the full armor set, laggy Azure Rathalos be damned. The armor isn't the greatest, but there are a few minor set improvements with crit boost on the legs coupled with crit element.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I finally beat Xeno Jiiva and made it to a point where I could try the Kulve Siege for the last day. Soloing on my first attempt I made it to level 6 rewards. Ended up with sns, 2 great swords, and a bow. I forget exactly which ones I got none are r8 though. It was fun. I wish I had finished the game sooner to try siege more.

Xeno was a stupid easy fight though and really surprised me. Hopefully siege comes back soon so I can try to get a long sword. Time to spam tempered monsters until then and start figuring out augmentations and such.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If anyone got a wide 4 gunlance of any rank from Kulve Torath, it makes tempered deviljho braindead easy. Just need guard, guard up, artillery, and capacity up, which can be made without decorations. Eating for bombardier, each shell attack does 70, so you just chip it down as you block everything.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I just got a triple gem run from Xeno. First triple gem I have had happen. Carved 2 gems and got one in rewards.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    If anyone got a wide 4 gunlance of any rank from Kulve Torath, it makes tempered deviljho braindead easy. Just need guard, guard up, artillery, and capacity up, which can be made without decorations. Eating for bombardier, each shell attack does 70, so you just chip it down as you block everything.
    Kinda pissed that I didn't get one of the Wide 4 gunlances, but I did get the T8 Thunder lance, which I hear is pretty good against him too, but I've never used either weapon before.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Lance makes Jho pretty trivial imo, moreso than Gunlance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll try out lance on him before the event leaves since I also got the thunder lance, but for a complete gunlance beginner, I love wide 4 gunlance against it. With 70 damage per shell regardless of hitzone or weapon strength/sharpness, it deals enough damage to do a hard knockdown on jho when he does his counter bite. Also, with only a few skills needed for the set, you can add in defensive or unorthodox skills to help out, like great luck (does anyone know if this works on streamstones rewards?) or palico rally.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Finally beat double tempered Bazelgeus so now I can attempt the tempered deviljho. Not sure how it will go with long sword.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Can't wrap my head around melee in this game, so I dunno; most find Tempered Pickle harder then his rewards are worth, but if you get lucky, you'll see a lot of R8 weapon stones; or no stones for any runs.

Tried out Lance in the Sakura event, but I just don't get the play style of how the game handles it. I think the biggest issue is knowing which way to face, for an attack, without the camera showing it in front of me, like it always is for HBG. Found out that the LBG is my go to weapon for any future arena quests, since the controls are basically the same as HBG, without the debilitating loud-outs the arena forces you to use. I'd probably be good with the bow too, if I took the time to learn the nuances, but for now, I'll stick to LBG for any future arena quests and save the frustration. It's too bad it's not available in most of the arena challenge ones or I might try some more of those out.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

One trick for Lance is to treat it like HBG and use L2 to sort of "lock" your guard facing (this works for any melee that can guard except SNS because L2 puts away shield because it's the "items while drawn" button). Basic game plan is just poke-poke-poke-dodge, repeat forever. Upward poke (circle) has deceptively long reach, hits Jho in the face usually. The counter thrust (R2+circle) activates the guard part of it really fast so it's good to keep up the momentum.

I'm also always an advocate for health augment on weapon and for Lance especially it lets you shrug off some of the hits you might miss guarding. Probably the trickiest part with Lance is deciding if you're safe to sheathe or not, but that's not much different from HBG.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ryu High-Rank set is now available.