Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Normal tempered quests are so easy after dealing with the constant stream of bullshit in lvl 7 guiding lands.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Holy fuck how do I beat this earth elder dragon? Block doesn't help worth a damn on his beam attacks

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If you're talking about the Everwyrm, then weakening its face and slamming it into the walls for the rockfalls is the best way. In phase two, lots of leg attacks and being ready to dodge the fuck out of the way when it does its beam attacks.

Poison bombs will help add up damage as poison will do a stupid amount of damage to him. Other than that lots of dodging. Break his hands to trip him and smash his face. If you stay close to under him you can dodge a lot of his stuff easier. If you see him charging his genki dama run to the outer edges of the arena.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You need guard 5, guard up and a couple points in constitution to just block through the beams. It also help if you turn slightly to the side with the big one, the knockback will throw you out of the path of the big beam after a few ticks.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

you can beat the final boss by grappling its head and smacking it in the face over and over and over and over and over until its dead*... if you want tenderplates and gems for weapon upgrades you'll need to break its head twice to carve its scalp so the grappling face smacking strategy is definitely what i recommend

once you've fought it a few times you'll get the timing of its beams down

Spoiler: show

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You need guard 5, guard up and a couple points in constitution to just block through the beams. It also help if you turn slightly to the side with the big one, the knockback will throw you out of the path of the big beam after a few ticks.
    That did it. Thanks.

That fight is torture on Lance. Really need to get a build ready when I go after him again.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

just unlocked guiding lands level 6, tempered boomfist and tailsword can go and get fucked. soloed it with hbg, my boom cat knocked boomfist out twice while i was off running to try and heal, real ride or die right there

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    That did it. Thanks.

That fight is torture on Lance. Really need to get a build ready when I go after him again.
    Velka Ice LBG kinda wrecks him, in both phases. Rapid spread 2 his face and wall bash him, then just circle him and fire ice shots till he's dead. Can get the head carve pretty easy too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, console players might already know it, but there's a bug in GL - if the monster you're fighting has bones in its loot table, if you equip Geology 1 you can pick up its drops twice, doubling the augment items you get per fight

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    That did it. Thanks.

Yeah, it's torture. I've only killed him the once, need to go back and farm him a bit with a gun.

Oh, and welcome to endgame.

If you use lance evade distance is a godsend in that fight (as well as...either tremor resist or mirewalker) since a single dodge gets you out of the way of the mega beam and in general most laser attacks. Alternatively heavy weapons like lance can benefit from quick sheath to get out of the way.

BG Level

Maybe it's because I only had 2, but Quick Sheath doesn't seem as effective as I thought.

I need to get better at the clutch claw too. Hard to time when to use it and not get hit

BG Level

clutch claw a mobs head the second you see it (i recommend rocksteady mantle for the initial roar) and send it packing into a wall from a flinch shot. when its downed from the flinch shot weaken the body part you intend to smack. save your temporal mantle for when the mob is no longer enraged, clutch claw its head and flinch shot it into a wall again with your temporal mantle on

also when an elder dragon is sleeping place mega bombs at the wall directly across from its head, wake it up with a clutch claw and flinch shot it into the mega bombs & wall doing a crap ton of damage

also because of flinch shot being so powerful, and monsters automatically going enraged after every flinch shot, agitator is a very popular skill. if you're playing properly almost every second of fight the mob should be enraged

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Would assume you'd want to do that if your weapon doesn't have a good wake-up call move, as that + impact mantel usually achieves the same thing, often resulting in a second knock-down.

BG Level

flinch shots ranges from 600-1800 damage. you aint beating that damage unless you're dropping a boulder on somethings head while its asleep

BG Level

Speaking of Flinch Shots does the damage it causes help with part breaking? Need one more Shara Tenderplate and wondering if ramming him into the wall even if I miss the environmental hazards will help with that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You actually want to avoid the hazards because they might damage other parts and you just want to do all damage to the head.

Check out this video for in depth info:
    https://youtu.be/ZVPE69Wn2-M

BG Level

Oof that's going to be a long grapple fight