Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some weapons just need a point in Flinch Free no matter what. Hammer, CB, lance, basically anything that fights up close but doesn't have a built in mechanic to avoid being tripped.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

people complain about db tripping people but tbh the only people i ever trip are the ones that literally run into me from behind when i'm doing blade dance
    its like, my range is the smallest in the game son. find your own lane

the best "trip" is hammer tho. its possible spine ride after being launched into the air with whatever that hammer attack is. when you pull it off you look fucking clutch as shit

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Some dude fucked up my greatsword combo when farming black diablos in arena when he was knocked down so the next time he got knocked down I made sure to throw him in the air and do my combo.

BG Level

the ancient leshen is a total asshole and hits like a truck. giving up using dbs against him cause his ravens massacre. gonna give gs a go tomorrow
    probably go with some part breaker in there cause it stops his jagras from spawning, which all have like 500hp

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Getting much better at GS and LS by farming deviljo scalps for the weapons to try new weapons out. Decided to build the lbg so I could solo farm behemoth parts and it's going well. Not sure I like only having 1-2 shots before reloading with most ammos. Is hbg much different? I think I'd get annoyed spamming radial menu to craft more ammo mid fights and that seems to be how cluster hbg works.

Gonna build deviljo hunting horn next. They seem to be the easiest endgame weapons to build so it's a nice way to try out new weapons.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Free Element/Ammo Up combined with Razor Sharp/Spare Shot makes reloading much less of an issue. Frees up mod slots to tackle heavier recoils for sure. No workaround for having to craft frequently with clusters. Spare Shot helps, but you're still going to have to craft during the fight.

As long as your ammo count for that particular ammo doesn't hit 0 you can craft without much hassle. Usually I use 1-2 shots of cluster ammo and craft 1 or 2 more and repeat. It gets tedious if you use all your ammo since you have to craft it then reequip it.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I see. I mainly did LBG first to cheese behemoth parts but I'm one scalp shy of getting another deviljo weapon so I was going to do HH first then hbg. Maybe I'll do it in reverse.

I really need decorations and to upgrade charms, I have nothing good that makes most of these sets work.

BG Level

beat the ancient leshen once out of 6 tries or so. 3 people had great sword and the other was a healer
    use flash pods for everything. super raven attack, jagras, teammates stuck in bramble. everything

there's a new db that i dont have all the mats for yet. it looks like it's an upgrade over diablos clubs and maybe wrathful predation too, not sure yet

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wanna play with the PS4 bros but I'm busy this weekend. Slowly getting my char up to snuff. Got my Temporal yesterday thanks to a JP bro that kept joining my game simply to wreck shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm on PS4!

..And laughably early in the game, so, might be a while before I catch up to people.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Behemoth for a daily lol. I'm assuming that it only pops up for people that have completed the Behemoth optional, but still, I feel bad for people that struggled to squeak out a victory and now the game wants them to casually complete it for a shitty armor sphere and some fireworks.

BG Level

get rkt

BG Level

no joke i havent touched behe since i got full drachen, which is like 6 months ago
    ironically or unironically, i dunno, drachen is probably the most used armor i use by a wide margin

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've killed him 10 or so times, it's actually a pretty fun fight with a decent team. A hell of a lot more fun than running KT and selling the entire weapon reward screen for the 3462345th time. I went into KT wanting Claw lance, Para IG, Glutton HBG and Horn CB. So far after literally dozens of runs I've gotten the lance and basically every other R7 and R8 weapon but the other 3 I want. Fucking desire sensor.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've only got a little bit of time left and I've never done it before - what's the best way to try and get a few KT weapons? I'm HR45, any specific weapons to use to make it easier/faster?

I read about farming specific phases.

BG Level

be aware its a group fight

mega bombs, a thunder weapon, and 3x partbreaker for stages 1-3
    mega bombs, an ice weapon, and 3x bombardier for stage 4

kt is one of the few monsters in the game where elemental damage is straight up a million times better than raw

Spoiler: show
    excluding kt, the highest elemental hit zone value in the game is lunastras head at a value of 30 (out of 100... or in other words you do 30% of your potential 100% elemental damage on that specific part). most monsters have an elemental hit zone value of between 15-20 on its weakest parts

everything molten on kt has an elemental hit zone value of 50 to thunder and it's naked head has a value of 50 to ice

bitch get fucked up by elemental

BG Level

in other news i never have to fight the ancient leshen ever again. got all dem gearz so fuck that guy.
    zireael dual blades are an upgrade over diablos clubs with peak performance or agitator maxed. at bare minimum they're way more flexible which is nice

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's so many fucking different sets to get in this game that sometimes I get stuck just choosing. Then I read about some stuff and think maybe I should learn to use a melee weapon that benefits from elemental properties too.

I hunkered down and finished the Behemoth set at least. Just plunder bladed the parts I needed despite the fact I only beat him once.

BG Level

the gear carousel is the only reason i still play. a single new piece for some random set and weapon. i'll spend hours just fucking around at the forge