CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can’t beat the guy. After nearly 30 tries online, I’ve given up. Looking forward to the full game, though.

Was definitely one of my goals to beat him, and after trying every weapon I finally did it with Insect Glaive and Charge Sword. I think online might be harder since there are probably a lot of people playing dumb and getting knocked out, but there's also a chance you just won't do enough damage as a group lol

Looking forward to the full game now, but learning how to kill that dragon was painful at times. Waiting 10 minutes to even start the fight only to have people die immediately and quit the quest. I dunno if solo is viable in the full game, but it helped me at least learn how to dodge shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Autumn is so far away but I'm really not on about having to pay a PS+ sub just to play this online, so I guess I'll be waiting anyway.
    I have to pay to play games I already paid for on top of the rampant dlc charges games now have? I was actually gonna save up for a ps4 to start console gaming again but I clearly should just dump all of that into a PC.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Nergigante's health scales with the party size, so MP makes it much harder if you have people not pulling their weight.

Managed to get 5 kills on him each with a different weapon but yea it took me like a good 75 tries total. Half the time people just died, but the time limit was the real challenge. It forced people to play reckless thus forcing people to make dumb mistakes playing too aggressively. Also I don't think everyone figured out how to approach the fight, so they just started hitting armored spots that did crap damage. Fight was definitely a learning curve.

All in all, it was a fun beta, and I've already put in my day off Friday so I'll have all weekend to dive into this.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Still debating buying the game for PS4 since I can't wait for PC, but I'll probably just wait. Seeing people play breath of the wild on PC makes me wish I didn't get it for switch on release lol.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I did okay with charge blade. I'm bad with hammer. Still gotta learn CB better, GS was okay. I felt like I was great with bow but couldn't tell cause I only did it on neg with groups and never killed it.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Got Friday off

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Seeing people play breath of the wild on PC makes me wish I didn't get it for switch on release lol.
    It didn’t even occur to me that this was possible until I read this. I thank you.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I hope to get on Friday night. I may have to move the PS4 from my TV to my monitor so the wife can watch Hulu or something, though.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Sorry for the stupid question but this I almost never play xbox games. Are there any significant downsides to purchasing the disk vs a digital download? The game can still install to the hard drive, it just needs the disk in the drive to launch, right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question but this I almost never play xbox games. Are there any significant downsides to purchasing the disk vs a digital download? The game can still install to the hard drive, it just needs the disk in the drive to launch, right?
    For PS4 and XB1 in general, games do full installs regardless of how you buy them. A physical copy, as you mentioned, will simply require the disc in the drive as proof of the license, which is the downside. The potential benefits are reducing your initial download size, and being able to lend out or sell the game by simply exchanging the disc. There's no actual difference when it comes to playing the game, so go with whichever distribution method you prefer.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

You playing MHW, Isi?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It looks somewhat interesting, but I'm inclined to wait for the PC version, and that got delayed until the fall.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Ah well.

If you end up on PS4 shoot me a message. I may pick it up for PC too, we'll see.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Need to renew my PS+ for this. Where can I find the cheapest 1yr sub? I checked Amazon a few days ago and it was listed at $60, and I've heard people saying you can get a year for $40.

Pretty sure that was the Jan sale? I remember year long subs being cheaper around the new year. If you check PS Store you might still be able to find it? I don't know if it's still going though, probably not.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Gamestop was doing $40 for 1 year in December. Not sure if someone else is doing $40 now.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Haven't seen any $40 sales since around the holidays, yeah. Not a normal thing afaik.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gameplay starts @ 18:00

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Reviews are starting to pour in. Mostly 100s, 95s, and 90s. Then you've got the Dark Souls meatheads which were to be expected. Complaining about Monster Hunter not having tight hitboxes like Dark Souls (lol) which, apparently, invented tight hitboxes and action combat. Pls.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast