BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Then you've got the Dark Souls meatheads which were to be expected. Complaining about Monster Hunter not having tight hitboxes like Dark Souls (lol)
    [Laughs in Plesioth]

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

GaijinHunter says it's the best Monster Hunter game ever straight up. Guess that really tells me all I need to know.

Buying on PS4, but not gonna be online since I'm not paying for plus (and because this will mostly be to occupy me on an upcoming deployment).

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Are they implementing "Guilds" or whatever in this? Anyone going to start one for BG on PS4?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

There is going to be a "Squad" feature for up to 50 people to join. Basically a clan/guild/whatever.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Who trying to squad up at 9PM PST?!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Double Post but just made a BG group for us because I'm a huge fan of the series and I wanna have people to play with. Group name "Blue Gartr - Monster Hunter World" My PSN is OlgaFlow if you don't have me added. After a day, we can get a background going as well.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I'm out of town but have a copy shipping. I'm a sucker for physical copies Probably won't get on until Saturday

Jaybar3 is my PSN

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Never played a Monster Hunter game before and this seems like a fun entry to get into it.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

TheZodi on PSN, will be on all day tomorrow starting at 10 am est

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gotcha added

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played a little bit last night to get a feel for things. Game is gorgeous. I can make a clan in-game tomorrow If no one does it before me. Game is gonna slay.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's 3 free DLCs btw, a gesture pack (including Prance) and 2 hairstyles

So, I used to play a TON of phantasy star online back in the gamecube days. This game looks like it has a similar feel but with like dinosaurs instead of robots. Am I at all correct in thinking that? If so I'm totally on board.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kind of, the loot/upgrade systems are comparable, but Monster Hunter has a very involved combat system (if you have zero familiarity, it's more like Dark Souls style combat)

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Kind of, the loot/upgrade systems are comparable, but Monster Hunter has a very involved combat system (if you have zero familiarity, it's more like Dark Souls style combat)
    Oh that's cool. I moreso meant like in PSO you could go out on various missions (maps) and fight dudes to level up and get stronger while also a having a chance of crazy super rare drops sometimes, which from what you're saying is close.

Do you ever fight like small easy to kill mobs to work up to a boss or is it more like bosses only?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Is anyone setting up a squad on xbox?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Oh that's cool. I moreso meant like in PSO you could go out on various missions (maps) and fight dudes to level up and get stronger while also a having a chance of crazy super rare drops sometimes, which from what you're saying is close.

Do you ever fight like small easy to kill mobs to work up to a boss or is it more like bosses only?
    Monster Hunter is basically just boss fights. You go out on a hunt to kill/capture a monster. In the process, there will be other small monsters that you can also collect common materials from, plants, ores, bugs, etc. Everything you collect is used for some recipe or another.

There are not levels in this game, there are just upgraded armor and weapons that allow you do take/deal more damage. There are Ranks, if it's anything like previous entries, that basically show how much time you put in.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post

Your character doesn't have an actual level mechanic, it's solely dependent on gear.

As for the gear itself, you're farming for the crafting components, mobs don't just drop straight loot. There are rarer drops from monsters, and drops acquired from fighting a certain way (cutting off a monsters tail before killing it being the most well known example).

There might be differences with the quest structure in this one, but generally speaking quests will either be "kill X small things" or "kill big thing(s)." Sometime it's a combination of the two, but it would be presented with all the objectives at once, not killing the little dudes to advance the objective and unlock the boss.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If someone is setting up a squad on PS4, shoot me an invite PSN: Johnblaze81

Haven't played a MH type game since PSP but had a blast for the 2-3 hours I played last night

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Rumor is the MH PS4 controller was a stand alone release at stores, anyone know if that’s true? I’d love to snag one

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast