Closed Thread
Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Noob questions inc.

1. Sometimes I see a visual effect when I attack monsters. Is that like a critical hit like I've damaged a part that's breakable or added effect like poison?
    2. I get messages that I've broken off parts of the monster, but don't see it laying anywhere on the ground to scavenge. Are there really parts to scavenge or is the game just telling me I've weakened the monster essentially?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

ok

1. Depending if your weapon has an element or added effect, you may see kinda an added effect. Hitting specific weak spots also can give a little added spark effect with an orange number, showing you're hitting the sweet spot.

2. This is kinda a yes and no answer. When you break a monsters part, it means you dealt so much damage to them that the part is now weakened, meaning not only will you do better damage, but once the mission ends you get a better chance at loot. HOWEVER, there are certain monster parts that if you do break, they come flying off and you can carve them when they're lying on the ground (tails are the most common item, though I did break the scalp off a Barroth and that was carvable.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I sent everyone in the community a friend request. I am enjoying this game far more than I thought I would (I played PS2 and PSP MH games to death and thought I would struggle to enjoy this one).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Friend ID: Tensi-R

I added those I saw, plan to start playing tomorrow

PSN: ulmega

I'll probably be on throughout the weekend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Noob questions inc.

1. Sometimes I see a visual effect when I attack monsters. Is that like a critical hit like I've damaged a part that's breakable or added effect like poison?
    2. I get messages that I've broken off parts of the monster, but don't see it laying anywhere on the ground to scavenge. Are there really parts to scavenge or is the game just telling me I've weakened the monster essentially?
    1. Depends on the effect. If you get a bright large slash where you hit, that's a critical hit. If you see stars on the monster's head, that means you used an attack that does impact damage and hit the head; enough of those will eventually knock the monster down.

2. They're added to the rewards at the end of the quest. Once you've gathered enough information on a monster, you can talk to the ecology researcher guy and look at the monster field guide, it shows what you get for breaking each part. Some monsters are also weaker if you break off specific parts, i.e. Rathian won't poison you anymore once you cut off its tail.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Happy to see seregios on that "leaked" list of dlc monsters. Also my phone just tried to auto correct seregios with Steve which made me smile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I fucking love Steve weapons, hell yeah

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Everything. Doesn't last for very long but doesn't have to.

I'm still adjusting to the new GS style, tho more then anything it's having to adjust to the new animations. Same thing with SA sword mode, the animations are different and it's fucking up my spacing a bit.

Now Bow tho, jfc is that just all sorts of ridiculous. Giving the Bushido style Dodge as part of the base skill set AND dragon piercer? Like goddamn.
    Bow is definitely fun as shit

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Happy to see seregios on that "leaked" list of dlc monsters. Also my phone just tried to auto correct seregios with Steve which made me smile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh heck yeah. I loved his Switch Axe. Steve weps best.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Severing Rathian's tail now removes their ability to poison.

Dumbing down the games for noobs smh

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Severing Rathian's tail now removes their ability to poison.

Dumbing down the games for noobs smh
    guessing you're being sarcastic in regards to dumbing it down for noobs.

such a good change. never made sense to me how a severed tail could still poison you when the sharp, thorny portions of his tail was off laying somewhere else

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I'm joking, it's a fucking amazing change. Not that one should be getting hit by the tail anyways. It looks like the windup animation takes longer for Rathian's flip in this one, a lot easier to dodge now.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Is there a way when starting the game, when selecting my character, to not start an online session?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just set it to private.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So how are the weapons in comparison to beta? I enjoyed bow cb and gs the most but wanted to give ls another try. Need something in the middle between too complicated and too simple.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LS didn't really click for me, but that's more me not liking the playstyle than anything else.

Loving the shit out of Hunting Horn. It's way more interesting and fun to play than I thought. Scoutfly+1 and Environment Damage Negation songs are a godsend solo.

Also, uh....

So this is happening

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Am I just missing it or is there no controls option to switch bow aim Y to inverted like with the normal camera controls? Also, complete noob here so any good resource guides on getting started?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rizil View Post

2. This is kinda a yes and no answer. When you break a monsters part, it means you dealt so much damage to them that the part is now weakened, meaning not only will you do better damage, but once the mission ends you get a better chance at loot. HOWEVER, there are certain monster parts that if you do break, they come flying off and you can carve them when they're lying on the ground (tails are the most common item, though I did break the scalp off a Barroth and that was carvable.)
    I am also a MH noob so this might be wrong, but I believe they show up under bonus items. Ive seen entries there labelled "Broke head" or whatever. I don't think it is 100% to get the item just because you broke the part, but if you do thats where it is.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Am I just missing it or is there no controls option to switch bow aim Y to inverted like with the normal camera controls? Also, complete noob here so any good resource guides on getting started?
    Youre missing it, its right underneath the other camera option.

Funny story: I invert Y on everything because of FFXI. When I imported the japanese version at launch I did not know how to change any of the controls, and have been stuck with that shit ever since. Its been totally ingrained. Occasionally a game doesn't allow the option, then I am completely fucked.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm loving the new forward advance they gave lance. It's short enough that you can just stay in place when you go to restart your triple thrust combo.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast