Closed Thread
Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nergi and Diablos are generally agreed upon as the best Charge Blades, tho the Diablos one does really require Handicraft and Protective Polish to really shine. Attack and Artillery are always good for CB, along with the ever present Weakness Exploit for every weapon in the game. My main CB build (with Nergi) is Attack Boost+5, then Evade Window, Artillery, Weakness Exploit, and Evade Extender all maxed out. Maxing out the Evade skills is probably unnecessary, but fuck it.

As for augments on CB, I probably wouldn't bother with Crit for it honestly. A big portion of the damage comes from AED, which can't crit. Better to just go for as much damage as possible.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Are the arena weapons even that good? I hated the set loadouts as well, but since I rarely hear people talk about them, I'm guessing they aren't worth the hassle compared to HR crafted drops.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Great Sword is top 3 (best without a shit ton of augments), and looks really cool.

Long Sword is probably the best overall (tied for second highest raw, and can use Elementless to push it into the stratosphere)

Bow is quite good (tho it lacks Power Coating). Only Bow with Blast w/o having to use Free Element.

The other weapons aren't really worth talking about, but if you play those 3 it's worth looking at the arena. They're really not that hard, can easily knock all the needed fights in a couple hours just hopping into arena sessions and banging it out with randoms.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Was hunting with my friends and I'm always prepared to dodge this fucker because it always feels like he's going for me.
    ( Yeah I suck at the game don't judge me D: )

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dear retards stop flashpoding Kushala when hes in a tornado christ

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Is there a way to kick someone who joined you on a quest? I was doing an Arena Tobi, had it low health, was trying to capture it. This guy joins, pulls it away from my traps and just tries his hardest to murder Tobi, to which he does. I'm really annoyed by this.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Is there a way to kick someone who joined you on a quest? I was doing an Arena Tobi, had it low health, was trying to capture it. This guy joins, pulls it away from my traps and just tries his hardest to murder Tobi, to which he does. I'm really annoyed by this.
    Can't you just set the number of players for the quest to 1 or set a password if you don't want randoms?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    Can't you just set the number of players for the quest to 1 or set a password if you don't want randoms?
    I had forgotten I was in an Open session from when Fiend/Killer/and several others were together. Yes, not going in, I'm always doing Private.

Pretty sure you can kick people if you go to the player list and find the guy? I'm sure I've done something similar for similar reasons lol

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Finally got to play again this weeknd! Yay!

But spent all my time farming older parts to make new weapons before moving further into HR. Just unlocked the Pink Ian quest. Made the Flammensomething+ IG, even though the Fire element doesn't help much on the upcoming fights. It added about 150 attack so even with the element doing nothing it's still better. Thinking of going back and building the Pukei IG as well. Have the Garon Rod II, Flammen+ IGs, Barroth HR and Rathalos SAs. Made a starter HR set with Handicraft 1, Speed sharpening 2, Divine Blessing 2 and Attack+5. The Handicraft basically doubles my blue sharpness on the IGs because the blue sharpness is naturally low at this point. Going to take a look at weapon trees and armor stats today and see if I can plan out my mid HR stuff. I really wish I could spend more time playing this.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

When it comes to Elder Dragons. Is using their Elemental Weakness better to use over a weapon with Dragon Dmg on it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    When it comes to Elder Dragons. Is using their Elemental Weakness better to use over a weapon with Dragon Dmg on it?
    Nerg = elements or raw
    Teo = dragon or raw
    Kush = flashbombs
    Val = dragon or w/e

Really teostra is just so much nastier during his "elder" dragon effect then the others. Kush is seriously just a bring 13 flashbombs fight.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In terms of damage per hit, the main elemental weakness is probably better. But Dragon Element comes with Elderseal, which makes them more prone to staggering from losing their buff.

Really, just go with whatever the fuck you. No one cares as long you're not ruining the hunt.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm really confused; at what point can you get tempured threat L1 quests in the game? I just beat all of the Elder dragons, and I'm on "Land of Convergence", which I think is close to the end of the main story, but when I look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRxel84V_sY

Almost no tracks show up in an expedition. I can find exactly two, in the exact same spot each time, but one would be found on the red path, and another on the blue path, so I don't really get what is going on. Do you have to be on a normal investigation for the paths to show up, am I not far enough along in the game for them to show up like they do in the video?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure it was a quest to unlock tempered stuff, at HR 19 I think

Either way you have to beat the story before you can do them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Apparently not, as just after posting, I picked up a Great Hunt that has a tempered Barroth and a normal Jurya. Perhaps its just HR13, which I think is what I am, after killing the Elder Dragons. I'm guessing more tracks will show up after beating the game story, but we'll see. I think I'll try following the Barroth around a bit and see if I get any more investigations, but probably do this after Xeno.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I'm really confused; at what point can you get tempured threat L1 quests in the game? I just beat all of the Elder dragons, and I'm on "Land of Convergence", which I think is close to the end of the main story, but when I look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRxel84V_sY

Almost no tracks show up in an expedition. I can find exactly two, in the exact same spot each time, but one would be found on the red path, and another on the blue path, so I don't really get what is going on. Do you have to be on a normal investigation for the paths to show up, am I not far enough along in the game for them to show up like they do in the video?
    You unlock Tempered investigations/fights at HR29 after doing an awful, awful fucking mission.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since reddit doesn't like witchhunts, I'll just save it for people here. If you ever end up in a group with TheGhastlySpecter, just kick him now and save yourself the trouble. Apparently they decided that farming for rubies is something that should be done during tempered investigations, and after the group captured a Rathian (it was a multi monster hunt), he bitched in chat and proceeded to wipe himself 3 times to end the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Druin View Post
    You unlock Tempered investigations/fights at HR29 after doing an awful, awful fucking mission.
    You unlock the lower rank ones before that, but the HR 13 ones aren't even worth considering, the rewards are nigh useless other then fodder for melding.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Was interested in them to get the weekly done, as each time I look at it, it's constantly one fucking step above where I am in the game. I also play solo, so playing the spam join game isn't an option, if the low ones are event SoS'd. I guess the reward isn't all that great, long term, but was something I wanted to shoot for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Guessing this is already known, but I didn't realize how easy it was to save scum decorations from the melder, uploading your save online. It's always in the same order and position, advancing to the next set of three each meld or quest completed.

You can check in advance depending on how many points/decorations/Stones you have, then reload and do quests to get to the decoration you want. Go back to town each time since expedition mode messes with the count. If the decoration is in the first slot, you only need to make the 1st meld to save points.

I managed to get weakness exploit and non elemental boost, but be careful with uploading/downloading saves. Otherwise, you might end up losing all your stuff as you save instead of reload since the options look similar.

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast