Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

In the same vein as GL/LNC on Diablos, I'll throw my hat in for HBG with a shield mod. Guard 3 to 5 and shield = give 0 fucks about Diablos's bullshit. Piercing ammo is also crazy good on Diablos since it doesn't move tail that much and you're often right in its face. Legiana HBG is a good choice for Piercing.

Otherwise been largely IG-happy, I just pull out the HBG for Raths, Diablos, and Kirin because fuck dodging any of that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lv 2 Evade Window+Distance with Ice IG and paralyze kinsect was how I dealt with blos. Only time it didn't work was when they're gold crown large. Tempered Teostra has been my personal bane out of all the monsters. I don't remember him being this bad in 4U with the fire aura, blast clouds, and general speed. Even on a good run, he usually carts someone with a supernova.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Adam Boyes

@amboyes
    Dear @monsterhunter team at Capcom - we understand that porting the game to Nintendo Switch is challenging (https://kotaku.com/bringing-monster-...s-d-1822988009 …) but this is exactly what @IToTheG does. Give us a shot & we won’t let you down

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    If you guys aren't hording poop, you should definitely start. Monster orgies are common in HR, and Bazel likes to party except for when there's poop around.
    I got heaps of poop. My issue has been getting killed before I even knew he was there lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He's just trying to help

BG Level

Definitely loves the HI GUYZ moments

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Solo'd HR49 Tempered Kirin, after a week of people telling me its so hard and you can't beat it without a group, blah blah blah. I even spent the first 30 minutes just picking up footsteps.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Solo'd HR49 Tempered Kirin, after a week of people telling me its so hard and you can't beat it without a group, blah blah blah. I even spent the first 30 minutes just picking up footsteps.
    Lol group makes it harder. I played it pretty safe with him. Used long sword and just kept popping him in the face and dodging. Combo when he fell over. Took like 40 mins but was way easier than group attempts. 1 shot when solo.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Everyone I talked to said it was too hard to solo, his moves “this”, his moves “that”. “Tempered Elder dragons are on a different level” blah blah blah. I think I just know people who are not good at this game and don’t know the skill “Dodge roll”

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Everyone I talked to said it was too hard to solo, his moves “this”, his moves “that”. “Tempered Elder dragons are on a different level” blah blah blah. I think I just know people who are not good at this game and don’t know the skill “Dodge roll”
    That's pretty accurate. The monsters in this game telegraph attacks pretty blatantly even compared to older titles. Tempered Vaal Hazak is easy as shit. Go make a sandwich while he sets up his foggy beam.

I think people get too into combos and don't understand hit and run tactics. Or dodging though/under. I love this game. The hit boxes are pretty much on point for the most part.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Anytime I play with people and they’re telling me something is giving them trouble, I just repeat “Dodge roll” over and over. Fiend and killer can attest to me doing this.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not helped by most of the suggested builds rolling around on the internet being entirely offensive focused, with zero regard for survivability skills. Like, I will not play Great Sword without level Quick Sheathe, and Switch Axe shouldn't even be considered a weapon without a couple points in Evade Window and Evade Extender.

OR how many speed run videos are floating around, with people missing the memo that the guy in the video probably carted a dozen times getting that perfect run in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    That's pretty accurate. The monsters in this game telegraph attacks pretty blatantly even compared to older titles. Tempered Vaal Hazak is easy as shit. Go make a sandwich while he sets up his foggy beam.

I think people get too into combos and don't understand hit and run tactics. Or dodging though/under. I love this game. The hit boxes are pretty much on point for the most part.
    If it's anything like older titles, people also get too caught up using crutches like spamming flashes and traps and never learn to read a monster's movements properly. It trips me out when people say that something like Los/Ian is hard when they literally telegraph everything using tells like the speed/direction they turn, slight hesitations or things like pawing the ground. Those tells disappear when you constantly throw flashes or just keep wailing on it over and over until you stagger it or it mows you down. The only way to really master fighting something in MH is to have a little patience and study it while you fight.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guess you didn't need my help then lol
    But yeah I duo'd it with another friend after hearing all the same horror stories Myr did.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

My group of friends still can't do Kirin worth a shit and they're well past where I am. I keep suggesting doing Kirin during investigation farming and I got my wish last night. Took 3 minutes before it was over.

Sometimes soloing is just easier.. I'm one of those offensive players but I spent a ton of time learning tells to get away with it and I still use divine protection to lower the chance that I just don't press buttons properly. Meanwhile guy's capped on tremor resist, earplugs, health boost, still gets carted.

BG Level

Didn't realize the pink rath quest was pink rath but took her down first try with kadachi claws 1 and kulu/kadachi gear... Haven't even killed normal rath on HR yet lol
    Got 2 monster hardbone so I think I'll kill her again tonight for a 3rd so I can upgrade my jyura hatchets. With those upgraded I might attempt diablos to get some majestic horns to upgrade my kadachi claws.

It's kinda nice how well dual blades progresses in this game. Excluding barroth & radobaan, which who cares, everything is weak to either water or thunder so far.

Also speaking of kirin I killed low rank kirin for his thunder mantle last night too. kadachi pants/boots gave me 27 thunder resist so it was a total cake in comparison to trying with -15 from before lol

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

The great thing about soloing, is that if you die, you generally know what went wrong and how to fix it. It’s also a lot easier t only worry about yourself dying rather than 3 others. There’s no excuses when it’s just you.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Tailraiders are a good source of hardbones early on as well. I farmed pinky to get myself ready for HR and had to kill it more than I would've liked for bones.

BG Level

gonna walk into this pink with kitty plunderblade fo shizzle
    my palico is actually really pimp. lvl 10 vigorwasp, lvl 10 flashcage, lvl 10 shield, lvl 9 orchestra, & lvl 10 plunderblade

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I finished Nerg last week but spent a lot of time gearing up for him after hearing the "horror" stories of how hard he was compared to the Beta. I walked in with my Rath GL and Odo HR set and sent him packing much faster and easier than my Beta runs. Guarding his suicide dive wasn't nearly that bad, and having vigorwasp fully leveled pretty much insta-spammed health when I needed it. Sidestepping underneath him and then throwing up the shield to stop his wing push made it all too easy.

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 151 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast