Closed Thread
Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The Deco RNG is still a major pain in the dick in this game, but unlike previous games (Charm tables, oy) it's usually not something preventing you from using a weapon or build, just from usually a fully optimized setup.
    I put many hours into Tri or 3U, forget which, and then found out that charm tables were a thing. When I checked what table I had, it was the worst one possible. You can imagine my annoyance.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I'm about 10 hours in and I still find myself missing previous games on PSP/vita. Hopefully it gets better before I give up on it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Only 10 hours? I mean, the game doesn't start til you hit HR and all that. The super handholding/story/PLOT is pretty bleh in this game as it is.

But I hope you don't miss the gameplay itself on the Vita, because this game handles so much better. Content, maybe I guess as it does lack a ton of monsters, but yeah.

Also Deviljho announced for the 22nd. Looks rad.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Only 10 hours? I mean, the game doesn't start til you hit HR and all that. The super handholding/story/PLOT is pretty bleh in this game as it is.

But I hope you don't miss the gameplay itself on the Vita, because this game handles so much better. Content, maybe I guess as it does lack a ton of monsters, but yeah.

Also Deviljho announced for the 22nd. Looks rad.
    Ok good, that's my main problem, not enjoying the narrative and handholding.

I'm still getting used to the "flash" of the new UI and map but I mainly want the NPCs to leave me alone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Story is bad but the game play is sweet.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Deviljho update Mar 22nd, balance changes and QoL stuff coming. Next update will apparently be in April.

Balance Changes (read the full chain) - https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/973865797452890112

General changes - https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...am_megathread/

Jho weapons will reach White sharpness with Handicraft

SA buffs make me super duper happy.

Edit : GaijinHunter recap

BG Level

Increased arch-demon mode gauge is the same as doing nothing, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Story is bad but the game play is sweet.
    Story is bad but I like that they actually put effort into it. The only real bad thing about it is not being able to join because Cutscenes and them being unskippable. I don't think I could have really gotten into this game without some semblance of story.

They could totally do more with it, I did find it funny that the reason for murdering all these monsters is research (while also talking about coexisting).

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Increased arch-demon mode gauge is the same as doing nothing, haha.
    Dual Blades are already fine, so whatever.

Speaking of, I made an armor set for Fire and Ice and discovered the glory of the Teostra 3 piece bonus. 95% Crit rate (could get 100%, but better with one extra point of Handicraft instead) with Crit Boost and doesn't lose sharpness on Crit? Mama Mia

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Wasn't part of killing them that they were being driven from normal habitats because of Zorah. Or something?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just saw the stats on the new GS they're putting in from the Design a Weapon contest

1066 elemntless, -10% affinity and natural White. If it has a 2 slot gem that's clear best in the game GS. Even without it's right up there.

Edit : not quite that high of values, they were wearing full Nergi in the screenshot.

Mathing it out it's 1008 damage and -15% affinity. Still likely far and away the best GS depending on gem slots.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Story is bad but I like that they actually put effort into it. The only real bad thing about it is not being able to join because Cutscenes and them being unskippable. I don't think I could have really gotten into this game without some semblance of story.

They could totally do more with it, I did find it funny that the reason for murdering all these monsters is research (while also talking about coexisting).
    The one thing I liked about the story was how it pulled you in with some big monsters right off the hop, despite not fighting them right away.

Start the game. Bam, here's a mountain dragon that you'll have to fight at some point.
    Jump into the first zone. Bam, big t-rex just jumped out of nowhere. Don't fight that guy 'cause he just fucked up the moves like jagger like he was a bitch.

The one thing I liked about the story was how it pulled you in with some big monsters right off the hop, despite not fighting them right away.

Start the game. Bam, here's a mountain dragon that you'll have to fight at some point.
    Jump into the first zone. Bam, big t-rex just jumped out of nowhere. Don't fight that guy 'cause he just fucked up the moves like jagger like he was a bitch.
    Yeah they do a good job showcasing what you're going to fight (shame Zorah fight itself is kinda bleh) and introducing new threats and monsters. Often times you see shit like that and you think it's just a set piece you don't really fight, so I was super impressed with the scale and actually being able to climb the fucker. Took me a bit to figure out you can just climb like 90% of his body lol, so great. Just a waste that is seemingly such a small part of the fight.

BG Level

cannon shit should've never been created, that's for sure.
    i would've been happier if it was 100% shadow of the colossus kinda fight

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Dual Blades are already fine, so whatever.

Speaking of, I made an armor set for Fire and Ice and discovered the glory of the Teostra 3 piece bonus. 95% Crit rate (could get 100%, but better with one extra point of Handicraft instead) with Crit Boost and doesn't lose sharpness on Crit? Mama Mia
    DB is definitely already kinda OP.

Was bored today and was looking at armor and shit. Think I know what I'm going for with Fire & Ice myself. Although I wanted to double check, does 1 point in Handicraft get you to white sharpness with it? Don't have one yet.

Spoiler: show
    WEAPON:
    Dual Blades - Fire And Ice (Affinity +10%)
    Lvl 2 Decoration - Protective Polish X1
    Augmentation - Affinity +10%

CHARM:
    Weakness Exploit X2

HELM:
    Rathalos Helm Beta
    Attack Boost X2
    Lvl 1 Decoration - Critical Eye X1

BODY:
    Nergigante Mail Beta
    Stamina Surge X2
    Lvl 2 Decoration - Weakness Exploit X1

GLOVES:
    Nergigante Vambraces Beta
    Agitator X2

LEGS:
    Nergigante Coil Beta
    Attack Boost X2
    Lvl 2 Decoration - Critical Boost X1

FEET:
    Rathalos Greaves Beta
    Jump Master
    Lvl 3 Decoration - Handicraft X1

TOTAL SKILLS:
    **Critical Element**
    **Hasten Recovery**
    **Protective Polish**
    Stamina Surge X2
    Handicraft X1
    Attack Boost X4
    Weakness Exploit X3
    Agitator X2
    Critical Eye X3
    Critical Boost X1
    Jump Master

So +20 Attack, +91% Affinity, & +5% Crit Dmg when all is rolling.

I've been using the 2 piece Rathlos Mastery with all my elemental DBs and I don't think I can ever take it off.
    Increases your damage huge since elemental damage doesn't crit without it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Game isn't on ATM but I'm 90% positive it's two points of Handicraft for White

The build I made is

Fire and Ice (Affinity Augment)
    Dragonking A
    Teo B
    Teo B
    Teo B
    Death Stench B
    Masters Charm III

Gems - Handicraft x 1, Crit Boost x 3, Crit Eye x 3, Blast Attack x 1

Handicraft 3
    Crit Eye 6 (good for 95% Crit with Weakness Exploit)
    Weakness Exploit 3
    Crit Boost 3
    Blast Attack 3
    (Also Special Ammo boost from the chest, but that's worthless for the build)

Also tried it with Handicraft III Charm and Crit eye at 4, not sure which is better ATM.

BG Level

Have to swap the nerg and rath body and boots and use handicraft charm instead. Coolio. Thanks mang

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, a few things I learned about some Decorations, that the text really doesn't make clear, and has helped me in choosing equip/decos:

Partbreaker: Reduces the amount of damage needed to break a certain part by 10% per rank. So if a part takes 1000 damage to normally break, it only needs 900 damage to break, with one rank, down to 700, at max rank. Doesn't affect a broken part, from what I could find, so not particularly useful outside of tail cutting and monsters that either have a lot of breakable parts or who's parts have huge HP pools, like Vaal.

Critical Boost: Adds 5% more critical damage per Rank. Critical hits normally do 125% damage, so it's not increasing your critical damage by another 30% - 40%; it's just raising it to 130% - 140% depending on the rank, which usually reduces it's usefulness vs maxing Weakness Exploit and raw attack.

Scholar: Seems to only increase scout-fly gauge for special investigation quest bars and doesn't help at all in farming more investigations.

Added Bonus: Have your palico use the Felyne Baan Ball Alpha weapon, if you solo a lot. It puts almost every monster to sleep at least once, during each mission, and usually twice, even for elder dragons, which gives you an opportunity to heal and to set up some burst damage during your fights.

BG Level

Crit boost text should definitely be hot fixed to read "Increases damage dealt by critical hits to 30/35/40%"

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The rampant misinformation about Crit Boost at launch has thankfully died down, but the skill is still pure money if you're using a super Crit heavy build (Doggy Weapons or with Teo 3 piece setups)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Crit boost is easily one of the best skills thanks to weakness exploit. You don't really need anything else to make it worthwhile. Check here: https://trog.zone/hunter-helper/

Just keep in mind that the skills are "always on" when you select them (like affinity sliding won't actually have 100% uptime but the calc only gives the raw number for when it's on, it's not DPS).

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast