FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

The MH PS4 Pro looks amazing, they did a good job with it.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    I thought the voice lines could be changed to the old grunts? It would be nice if you could select what ever language (ENG/JP/RUS/GER/etc...) and keep English subtitles.

I wouldn't mind having a mod to change the look of the Guild Marm that travels with you on quests. And I agree about the BBQ music...
    You can but that won't change the Handler saying her messed up "Looks tasty" line. I require either a "SO TASTY!" or moonspeak "Jyouzu ni yakemashita!" in order to fully appreciate my BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    The MH PS4 Pro looks amazing, they did a good job with it.
    It's JP onry though from what I've heard. I think PS4 is region free so you could import just the console if you so desired.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Getting it for PS4 for the larger playerbase (Japan is only getting PS4 version, gotta play with my moon rune bros) and PC so I can fix all the god awful aesthetic changes they made like the BBQ music and voice line.
    I'm torn for similar reasons.

I think that more people will pick it up for PS4, and I may be able to get my brother to play on PS4, but I feel like I'd have a better experience on PC.

DECISIONS. Is this what it means to be an adult?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

with regards to importing the MH PS4, it is region free as you said right? additionally any idea where to look to import it, and rough estimate of how much extra it would cost? looking to get a ps4 for a friend for christmas and he's a huuuuge MH fanboy, bout creamed his pants when they announced MHW

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This one lets you fill out a party with NPCs right? I'd imagine even a completely braindead AI would be more useful then a lot of the people you encounter online, especially if you play in off hours and get stuck with a bunch of French players (why the French are so universally awful at these games I'll never understand)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wish they would implement cross-play. I saw this article today, but I would guess it is a little more involved than one line of code, or a flip of a switch.

Splitting the player base is so stupid... It would be cool if you could connect a xbox/ps4/PC to an app like Xlink-Kai and play together.

edit: made the link more visible

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

It's probably been discussed in another thread, but apparently one new game had crossplay "accidentally" enabled for a couple of hours before turning it off.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    It's probably been discussed in another thread, but apparently one new game had crossplay "accidentally" enabled for a couple of hours before turning it off.
    It was Fortnite. They launched a BR game mode and had cross play turned on somehow.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    with regards to importing the MH PS4, it is region free as you said right? additionally any idea where to look to import it, and rough estimate of how much extra it would cost? looking to get a ps4 for a friend for christmas and he's a huuuuge MH fanboy, bout creamed his pants when they announced MHW
    Looked it up to make sure and yes PS4 is region free, basically like the Switch you just make a PSN account based around the region you want to make purchases for if you are buying digitally. Physical copies doesn't matter. On r/MonsterHunter theres a thread about amazon.jp having preorders for them: Link

Right now costs are looking about $600-750 but it comes with a bunch of extra stuff besides just the console/game. I'll translate it when I get he chance if someone else doesn't first.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Looks like the console, controller, a theme, the game, 2 months of PS Plus (also usable on existing accounts), ear bud, hdmi, and USB.

Also seems to mention a 3,000 yen discount for some kind of event?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Pre-Orders for Collector's edition have showed up on Gamestops website. Priced at $150

PS4

XBOX

Nothing for PC...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

HZD x MHW

PS+ Beta December 9-12
    The beta will open the game up to players around the world and allow them access to the online multiplayer features that Monster Hunter: World offers. Multiple quests will be available that will have players take on the Great Jagras, a large beast that eats other monsters in one bite, as well as, the Anjanath, who resides in the Ancient Forest. Players will also be able to head into the desert land of Wildspire Waste where they will meet an armored monster named Barroth.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-beta/

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Fuck yeah Beta. Definitely going to check it out. D2 expansion and MHW Beta within a week of each other, starting a few days after my bday. Very cool.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PGW Details, PC Version will Launch sometime after the Consoles
    Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed during the Sony PlayStation Showcase at Paris Games Week that a beta for Monster Hunter: World will be available exclusively for PlayStation Plus users starting 9th – 12th December, 2017. In addition, special Horizon Zero Dawn content featuring Aloy’s bow and full armor set plus Palico armor will be available for Monster Hunter: World exclusively on PlayStation 4. To see what the content looks like in-game and to see a brand new area of the game, the Rotten Vale.

Available starting 9th December, players from around the world can experience three fearsome quests as they join up with other hunters online or take on the beasts alone in the exclusive beta for PlayStation Plus users. Running for three days, hunters participating in the beta can tackle the hungry Great Jagras, a scavenger capable of swallowing other monsters whole, or the fiery and territorial Anjanath, both of which roam the dense and complex eco-system within the Ancient Forest. For those feeling brave enough they can adventure to the desert land of the Wildspire Waste where the armored Barroth can be found lurking in the muddy waters, waiting to unleash its devastating charge attack.

orizon Zero Dawn’s young machine hunter Aloy comes to life in Monster Hunter: World for PS4 with Aloy’s bow and full armor set as well as Palico armor that can make the player’s Palico look like a machine from Horizon Zero Dawn. The full armor set will make any player character look like Aloy from head to toe, including facial likeness. After completing the Horizon Zero Dawn collaboration event quest, which is planned to be distributed to online players post launch, special materials can be obtained to forge collaboration equipment. By bringing the necessary materials to the in-game facility (Smithy), players will be able to forge the Horizon Zero Dawn collaboration equipment. Details on the exact timing and availability of the Horizon Zero Dawn collaboration quest will be revealed soon.

The latest Monster Hunter: World trailer released at Paris Games Week highlights for the first time the terrifying Rotten Vale area of the New World. Littered with the skeletons of deceased monsters, a land of unique and gigantic creatures awaits amongst this bed of bones. The deeper players journey into the inner layers of the Rotten Vale, the tougher the environment gets with a dangerous and toxic mist blanketing the land obscuring the perils that lurk nearby until the very last minute. The Radobaan, a hulking beast that wears the carcasses scattered around the Vale for armor will need hunters to be quick and fast as they take off chunks of its bone armor and avoid its rolling attacks. Hunters can brave the beast alone or with their team of four hunters. With drop in multiplayer, each hunter has their own story to tell – but will they live to tell it?
    Gameplay

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS4 PS+ Beta Details
    December 9 is fast approaching and I trust that you already blocked the entire day (and weekend?) off on your calendars. Now it’s time to get you some additional details so you know what and when you can expect to start hunting during the Monster Hunter: World beta.

Start Time: December 9, 2017 at 9:00am PT / 5:00pm GMT / 6:00pm CET

End Time: December 12, 2017 at 8:59am PT / 4:59pm GMT / 5:59pm CET

Requirements: Internet connection, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Plus subscription, 5.9 GB of free space, hunting spirit

Rewards: In addition to an unquantifiable amount of fun, complete each quest and you’ll get some useful bonus items in the full game! Just make sure you use the same Sony Entertainment Network account for both the beta and the full game.

Quests: The beta features 3 quests across 2 environments from the game. In the Ancient Forest, you can hunt a fierce yet beginner-friendly Great Jagras or as a more experienced player confront the mighty threat of an Anjanath. In the Wildspire Waste, a massive, dry expanse with swamplands, you can face off against the intermediate level mud-slinging Barroth.

Additional Notes: Each quest can be done solo or with up to three other players online, and you’ll be able to choose from 14 different weapon types based on your preferred playstyle, which you can now change during quests at camp. You can even try out each of them before heading out on a quest by visiting the series’ all-new Training Room, included in the beta! Potions and other supplies will be provided on quests during the beta, but you’ll have to fetch your own food and drinks outside the game for those long gameplay sessions.

And one final note - this beta is just a taste for what the quests will look and feel like in the full game. The beta features a game currently in development and some aspects about balance may be different from the full game, but the satisfaction of tracking and bringing down a giant monster you’ll find is all there.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Very much looking forward to trying this out and getting into another MH game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I hope to be on a little after launch tomorrow if anyone wants to team up for some hunts. I want to try some weapons I didn't really play before. OttomanRob on PS4

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Downloaded and ready to go. Gonna try it out and give it a feel to see how it plays compared to previous entries. There's only 3 hunts but that should be enough to get a decent grasp on the feeling of general gameplay.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast