BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    So according to the expert researcher, can only get scalps from carves. Every fight I've joined they've captured. Lulz.
    Can get them from the bonus reward slots in investigations, and I'm almost positive you can see them in Rewards anyways. the Rewards table in field guide is kind of bullshit.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    So according to the expert researcher, can only get scalps from carves. Every fight I've joined they've captured. Lulz.
    I just got a scalp from a capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I've kinda stopped going after tails since I see them often in rewards
    If he's anything like all the other monsters in this game, you can get a gem from his tail carve. Which is just a bonus attempt at it imo.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Jho's tail and head are just really high most of the time imo, makes it difficult to cut and this is coming from a Switch Axe dabbler and that has some solid vertical reach.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What's the best glaive setup? I feel like I'm where I need to be but just want to see if there are any tweaks I should make. Here's what I'm running with now.

Catastrophe's Light
    Pseudocath III
    Odogaron Mail(beta)
    Odogaron Vambraces, Coil, Greaves(all alpha.)
    Dragonking Eyepatch(alpha)

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Jho's tail and head are just really high most of the time imo, makes it difficult to cut and this is coming from a Switch Axe dabbler and that has some solid vertical reach.
    Glaive mother fucker. Glaive. I've cut the tail off of every one I fought yesterday.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best general dps setups for Nergi Weapons imo

Vanilla

Dragonking A
    Dober B
    Teo B
    Nergi B
    Dober B

Attack Up 6, Weakness Exploit 3, 3 open level 3s, a level 2, and a level 1 gem slot

If you wanted Earplugs

Bazel B
    Dober B
    Teo A
    Bazel B
    Dober B

Attack Up 4, Earplugs 4, Weakness Exploit 2, 3 level 3 gem slots (1 for Earplugs, 1 for Weakness Exploit), 3 level 1 slots

Slots and Charm can fill in supplemental skills

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seen 1st turf war last night with Beetlejuice and the Pickleho.
    We all just stood back and watched, was amazing shit.
    Did 3k damage to each other lol

Saw Pickle absolutely destroy Dodogama, basically killed him and then I carved the fuck out of it while he ate the corpse lol.

Needs more turf wars.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Edit: NM I found the answer.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lmfao watching him beat the hell out of Beezy was such sweet justice. Trapped him in the encounter expedition. Can confirm tail is a pain but managed it with lots of overhead switch axe swings.

His spin is hilarious in this game. Tail hits you two area codes over.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    His spin is hilarious in this game. Tail hits you two area codes over.
    Hilarious isn't the word I would have chosen. I cut that fucker asap.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I was fighting a tempered Nerg In the open area where teo usually goes to start and all of a sudden a bunch of Gajalaka came out and started to blast it. Is that new from the update?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No it's been there since day 1, but it only happens if the host has Galajaka's @ level 3

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, Tempered Pickle quest released in the event section, and it apparently drops weapon streamstones, but haven't check if they are R8 or R6-7 ones. If it does drop R8, I may just farm the fuck out of him because I still have zero R8 gun shartz.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fliprock View Post
    I was fighting a tempered Nerg In the open area where teo usually goes to start and all of a sudden a bunch of Gajalaka came out and started to blast it. Is that new from the update?
    You know those spots where the area's Grimalkynes can deploy a vine trap if you ride a monster into them? When you have Gajalaka unity some of those can be Gajalaka firing squads instead (triggered on monster knockdown in that spot?)

Tempered Jho is no fucking joke. Fully augmented armor with canteen Large def and Armorskin. Can still oneshot with many moves, and Vitality Mantle is gone instantly. Can drop r8 weapon streamstones though. One top post on reddit has 2 warrior and 2 hero in the same pool. I got 1 warrior in my one clear so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, Tempered Pickle quest released in the event section, and it apparently drops weapon streamstones, but haven't check if they are R8 or R6-7 ones. If it does drop R8, I may just farm the fuck out of him because I still have zero R8 gun shartz.
    Yeah, both R6 and R8, multiples even, but still a chance you get none. Friend got 2/1 and I got 1 R8. He is quite tough, but at least he doesn't eat up any investigation attempts on fails.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Time to spam some Dill Pickle.

*edit*

Okay, ya, he's pretty much total BS on HBG. Few opportunities to shoot him because he's always towering above you and attacks faster then you can reload most shots. Can't roll out of any attack due to extremely wide range and distance covered. Takes little damage because his weak spot is super tiny and wildly flails the fuck everywhere and constantly turns, making most shots miss those two spots and does more damage then Tempered Nerg.

Just call it G rank and be done with it cause it's fucking nuts. Oh, and Fuck the two Jargas there that constantly shit on any sleep bombs you might get.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love this quest, I really missed the thrill of a difficult MH battle in World. It took me 4 tries to complete the quest, which is actually 4 times more than any other monster in the game has achieved. The rewards being great and the battle being so fun, I can se myself doing nothing but this quest over and over until it disappears.

Okay, ya, he's pretty much total BS on HBG. Few opportunities to shoot him because he's always towering above you and attacks faster then you can reload most shots. Can't roll out of any attack due to extremely wide range and distance covered. Takes little damage because his weak spot is super tiny and wildly flails the fuck everywhere and constantly turns, making most shots miss those two spots and does more damage then Tempered Nerg.

Just call it G rank and be done with it cause it's fucking nuts. Oh, and Fuck the two Jargas there that constantly shit on any sleep bombs you might get.
    Have you tried with a shield mod, and guard skill, perhaps? I fought him with lance and the ability to block helps immensely. I know the HBG shield is not as powerful, but maybe with enough guard+ skill it will be useful.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Shields and guard skill won't save you (okay it will, but this was bullshit).
    https://gfycat.com/IgnorantDecisiveHydra

BG Level

So once I get an odogaron gem and a pickle gem I'll have every fully upgraded dual blade in the game, 'cause I'm like that... Took 12 wyvern gems