Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lance has a real jewel in the form of the Odogaron lance, but with 20 extra raw and 20 defense. Considering it has hidden element, natural capped white, and 30% affinity, it becomes a better raw weapon than Jho's, as a single non elemental boost jewel puts it on par in raw damage, but without the need of handicraft and 55% more affinity. I'm going to spam the event until I get this one, the potential with crit boost is amazing.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Fucking yes, I got a Rare 8 Kulve Bow that is basically the Great Hunters bow but stronger. Only downside is that I now need to put in a free element build but thankfully Kulve gear is good for that. Time to mess around with some stuff

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Event & Challenge Schedule through May 10th
    Spoiler: show

Sakura costume caps - Begins May 4th
    Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Kulve armor is so GD cool looking; Capcom needs to get their ass on that Transmog system, ASAP, and stop giving it out in small little bits like Bushido and crap, which I'll hopefully have enough tickets before the event ends.

Picked up the Xeno gold weapon, and it has less recoil and faster reloads then it's predecessor, so it's kinda fun to take on things that don't matter too much. Got my farm time down to sub 3 hour solo, and getting close to 400 progress each run now that I have the hang of it. I run a set with Partbreaker/Heavy Artillery/Intimidator, the latter which makes the f'ing galka ignore you completely, letting you see all of the bits/tracks to level up pursuit really fast, and once I'm up to L3, I swap into the gear I use to fight him seriously, once she runs into the first room. There really should have been a solo option for this, and hopefully the next time it comes around, they've fixed the content issue; I'm going to miss out on so many weapons due to how long it takes, even if I've cut that down in half from when I started.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wouldn't worry too much about the weapons, you'll mostly get stuff you don't really use. Speaking of, here are a few sets I made for the blast bow and pierce+spread HBGs: (I don't really use these weapons, so let me know if there's any essential skill I missed)

Blast bow (Set includes Crit Status now shown)
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/7b6bfff6704097d78b05e90a6eabafa3.jpg

Pierce HBG (Augmented with affinity to reach 95% crit)
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/449b669...fbbe0e5e16.jpg

Spread HBG (Has 95% affinity, so not sure if I should augment with atk/affinity or atk x2)
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/ff22836...e5b0d3df38.jpg

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I need to finish the initial fights against the Elder Dragons and get past HR16 before I can fight Kulva.

What is everyones favorite sns and dual blades? I crafted Master Bang because it seems to have the highest raw damage and I finally got an elementless gem which takes it even higher. I am working to craft the Diablos Clubs II for dual blades.

Also is level 7 attack boost or level 6 attack boost with level 2 part breaker better? I am playing around with Dragon Eyepatch Alpha.

Now that I have the elementless gem I guess I need to start spamming arena for that LS.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Decimation Claws or Wrathful Predation vs Vaal Hazak
    Jyura Hatchets or Fire & Ice vs Teostra/Kirin
    Kadachi Claws or Monarch vs Nergigante/Kushala Daora
    Diablos Clubs vs Kulve Taroth

My Diablos Clubs set is:
    Diablos Clubs (Elementless jewel)
    Handicraft charm 3
    Rathalos helm B (Attack jewel)
    Dober mail B (Sharp jewel)
    Teostra gloves A (Expert jewel)
    Nergigante pants B (Tenderizer jewel)
    Death Stench boots B (2X Expert jewel)

Protective Polish
    Non-Elemental Boost
    Handicraft X5
    Attack X7
    Weakness Exploit X3
    Critical Eye X3

I'm personally not big on Part Breaker.
    Can swap the Critical Eye jewels with Divine Blessing or whatever resist you need for more survivability if you want.
    I suppose if you have 3 attack jewels you could choose any helm you want as long as it has at least 1 slot to keep attack 7, but if you have 3 attack jewels I say fuck you sir.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I still need to farm a lot more jewels to get some of the ones you mention but those builds look sweet. I should have enough sinister cloths now for the death stench gear too. Still have to take down Teostra, Vaal, and Xeno.

BG Level

Yeah pre-elders I swapped between jyura hatchets and kadachi claws, both of which you can max if you've beat nerg once or twice, with a combo of rathalos and odogaron gear.
    Rath helm B, Rath body B, Odo gloves A, Odo pants B, Rath boots A, & Attack charm 2
    That's: 4 attack, 3 critical eye, 3 weakness exploit, and rathalos mastery before any jewels. Good starting point.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SnS:

For raw, you have Barroth Club and Fatal Bite. With full augments (1x affinity, rest attack) both are practically equivalent (assuming elementless jewel in the barroth club and handicraft in the jho SnS). I guess Jho has a slight edge by beeing cooler and doubling as yous dragon element SnS.
    For ice, Legia Rimespire. Not that you have many more options.
    For lighning, I like Master Bang with Free Element.
    For fire, Corona is pretty good with a handicraft + crit element build.
    For blast, I like Teostra's Emblem a lot. It's my go-to option in hunts with lots of monsters with little HP. The initial blasts add up quickly and when they start building resistance they're already dead.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've been going with the Girros SnS for general purpose stuff. Paralyze.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the weapons, you'll mostly get stuff you don't really use. Speaking of, here are a few sets I made for the blast bow and pierce+spread HBGs: (I don't really use these weapons, so let me know if there's any essential skill I missed)

Blast bow (Set includes Crit Status now shown)
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/7b6bfff6704097d78b05e90a6eabafa3.jpg

Pierce HBG (Augmented with affinity to reach 95% crit)
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/449b669...fbbe0e5e16.jpg

Spread HBG (Has 95% affinity, so not sure if I should augment with atk/affinity or atk x2)
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/ff22836...e5b0d3df38.jpg

Got the Glutton in the last run I did yesterday, and initial testing is that it's a lot more firepower then DF, but slower on the reload. Haven't had a chance to play around with it on Testy yet, but I'm looking forward to eventually playing with it. I actually do really like the fight; it's just a lot of effort in one session.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

What do people think of this build? I had a Constitution Necklace but I wanted Max Free Element and had to give that up for it.

I'm currently waiting on farming parts to get Kulve Feet so I can mess with those. But, over, all, thoughts? Also, this is probably going to be a dumb question but can someone explain to me how Blast on a weapon works?

Great Hunters Bow has like 140 blast
    Taroth Arrow "Blast" has 390 Blast

I thought those numbers meant how much each blast proc would do(and I thought that because I kept seeing numbers like 140 when I used the Great Hunters bow)

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hate you for that mighty bow jewel. Have yet to fucking get one

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I thought those numbers meant how much each blast proc would do(and I thought that because I kept seeing numbers like 140 when I used the Great Hunters bow)
    The number you see is how fast the explosion procs. Blast is a status, so the number displays how fast it accumulates. And depending on the monster weakness to blast, it will have a different threshold for the proc, a different extra buildup amount for further procs, and a different damage per explosion. Some monsters take 120, some 100, some 140... it varies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Hate you for that mighty bow jewel. Have yet to fucking get one
    You can have one of the 5 I have. I never use bow, of course. Meanwhile, handicraft, guard, crit boost, attack jewels totally elude me. Of course.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ditch earplugs imo. The evade on bow has more then enough invul to dodge roars.

BG Level

Blast is like poison, paralyze, and sleep. The number you see on your weapon is about how often you can apply the status.

What I do want to know though is what Critical Status does from the Zorah set. "Increases abnormal status effect damage when landing critical hits" seems to be inaccurate.
    I'm thinking it makes it so when you crit you have an even greater chance at applying a status.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Blast is like poison, paralyze, and sleep. The number you see on your weapon is about how often you can apply the status.

What I do want to know though is what Critical Status does from the Zorah set. "Increases abnormal status effect damage when landing critical hits" seems to be inaccurate.
    I'm thinking it makes it so when you crit you have an even greater chance at applying a status.
    I would think it would add additional "damage" towards the status, if that's what you meant. Instead of doing 100 status damage, you'd do 125. Something like that.

BG Level

Doesn't seem to do that. 120 blast damage is always 120 blast damage. Even with 70% crit or whatever

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No he's right, think you're misinterpreting what he's saying.

Crit Status would make the build up faster, but wouldn't change the visual damage number.

Closed Thread
Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast