Closed Thread
Page 92 of 151 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No shame in my game, I straight up cheated for AT Kirin on PC.

Kirin has been an awful fight in basically every iteration of MH, but MHW pushed it to new heights.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I did it last night, and I'm pretty sure a good group could clear it consistently, but the fight takes a while and soloing it would be super boring. Add to that the fact that I've never been a fan or Kirin armor or weapons in general, and it's all pretty meh to me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's just an exceedingly dumb fight and entirely not fun.

It was a quality farming option back in MH4, but that was because it was an easy target for guild quests. Kirin armor itself usually only has maybe one or two useful pieces. In World, really just the legs and nothing else. I remember using the head in 4 mostly cause it looked cool and was able to work with some of the gearsets mostly just cause it had slots.

The weapons can be good depending on the mob lineup in the game. Unfortunately in this game the Kirin weapons available, while incredible lightning damage weapons, just aren't super useful in the overall meta since they're predominantly in weapon classes that care more about raw.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

i use kirin body y on a few sets still

The other issue with Kirin weapons is from what I've read elemental damage as a whole was adjusted in MHW where it really doesn't stack up. Take a look at literally every weapon class. "What best weapon for X?" "Diablos." I use Empress (Lunastra) because they're not far behind Diablos due to Blast and slots, have great sharpness and generally look cooler.

Here comes the beast.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/582...43702525393770

Behemoth PC. Guess They were honest about catchinng PC up by year's end.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fuck yes. Hopefully it's not as much of a complete shitshow trying to get it done as AT Kirin and T Pickle have been lol. I finally just decided that soloing Kirin is easier since most groups have at least 2 dudes that roll in with melee weapons that can't block rocking 350 defense and 17 thunder res.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

you'll find that every arch tempered fight is easier to solo, and using a fortitude jewel will make it so everything is pretty much impossible to fail

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have fortitude in my Kirin set from guild waist, but I haven't died and checked to see how much it gives lol.

Set is 475 defense and 43 thunder with food (lance)

Crit boost 3
    WE 3
    Health 3
    Divine 3
    Stun immune
    guard 3
    guard up
    thunder res 3
    blast attack 2
    flinch free 1
    fortify
    razor sharp

(might be forgetting something, but either way, it's pretty tanky)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Full roadmap for PC put out.

21:9 support is on the way, but still more then a few months away from being fully caught up to consoles.

Spoiler: show

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Full roadmap for PC put out.

21:9 support is on the way, but still more then a few months away from being fully caught up to consoles.

Spoiler: show

Just as I started to get used to streaming it to my 70inch I'll end up back on my 21:9 lol

Expansion coming fall next year. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Said to be as large as G or Ultimate entries.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

G rank versions are just standalone expansions anyways, and add exactly what that video claims to be adding. But... nearly 2 years later? Sheesh. If they don't release PC at the same time as console for this I'll probably just never look at a Capcom game again lol.

Edit: Nargacuga is by far my favorite monster in the series, and I really hope they stick to the same style for his gear this time around. Once I finished Morning/Evening Calm and the Silverwind armor set in Gen, I quite literally never used anything else again. Could very well mean we get Tigrex and Zinogre as well. Maybe Blagonga will be back with ice biome? Looks like the hunter on the left at the end of the video could be wearing his armor. Two over to the right could be Gammoth.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Just woke up, watching video now. Other info, will edit as I go.

Next week will have AT Kulve Taroth, and it will replace the original fight, which will no longer come around. But it seems with the new fight, you need to do certain things in order to finish the fight in AT mode, otherwise it will be like the old fight.

1 year anniversary event. Will have glamours, quests, and other usual fest stuff.

Monster Hunter x Witcher collaboration.

AT Nergigante

Autumn for new expansion Iceborne. Teaser closed with Nargacuga (my fucking bane)
    Massive expansion, quest rank, story quests, monsters, zones, gear, & moves.

Limited time trial version of MHW, play up to 3-Star/HR4. (This has Jargas, Kulu, Pukei, Barroth, Jyuratodus, and Tobi)
    Save data transfers to full version, and can play with full version players.
    4PM PST DEC 7 to 4PM DEC 17
    TELL YOUR PROSPECTIVES NOW

I really hope it will be a simultaneously release. They know it has an established PC fan base now.

They said equipment and moves. I'm hopeful of new weapon types ( give me Tonfa damn it lol ) but we shall see. Either way should be good to see.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't think they need more weapons honestly. Maybe they'll do something similar to Hunter Styles/Arts?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's pretty standard for the games to tweak move lists between vanilla and G rank versions, so I'd wager just some moves getting replaced for the sake of rebalancing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's not something you'd really advertise as "new moves" though. And planning a balance patch for a year out would be an extra kind of special.

Edit: What moves have gotten changed other than motion values from normal to G rank in the past?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Charge Blade from 4 to 4U was a completely different weapon. No shield thrust or SAED, among other things. Gen to GenU saw alot of changes to every weapon, but that involved all the hunting styles and I can't see them changing the game up that much.

I wouldn't expect too much from "new moves." If they were going to be adding new weapon types they would say so, this is probably just gonna be tweaks to the existing moves. The game is already using every button on the controller.

Aside, Narga being in the game means that skeleton system will be added, which along with an ice level means we're definitely looking at Tigrex being in the game.

Fuck. Yeah.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Expansion coming fall next year. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Said to be as large as G or Ultimate entries.

Plus

MH:W x Witcher 3
    Hunters around the globe can prance in joy! Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, a massive expansion for the highly-acclaimed more than 10 million unit-selling Monster Hunter: World. The new content will be available for download in autumn 2019 for PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X, with more details on the PC release to be shared in future announcements. The content-rich Monster Hunter World: Iceborne will feature new quest ranks, locales, monsters, moves and gear in addition to a full narrative experience that continues on from the ending of Monster Hunter: World. The Monster Hunter: World base game is required for the expansion and is currently available across consoles and PC. More information on the expansion will be shared next spring. A new teaser trailer offering a sneak peek at the upcoming Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion is available to download from the Capcom press site now.

In addition, there is plenty of exciting content for current players of Monster Hunter: World to look forward to soon. Capcom is working on a special collaboration with CD Projekt RED to bring professional monster hunter Geralt from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt into the New World early next year. Unique quests will offer a brand-new type of gameplay that blends the immersive RPG experience of The Witcher 3 with Monster Hunter: World. The voice actors for Geralt have also contributed newly recorded dialogue to further enhance this collaboration.

In the meantime, the Kulve Taroth Siege, a special event quest which allows up to 16 players in groups of four each to team up towards a common goal, will return on December 20. This time however, a tougher Arch Tempered version of this colossal monster which yields more powerful rewards awaits hunters. As another special thank you to hunters around the world, to mark a year since Monster Hunter: World launched we’d like to announce The Appreciation Fest, coming up on the anniversary of the game’s release in January 2019. The Appreciation Fest will include a newly decorated Gathering Hub, special equipment that can be obtained in brand new quests and a slew of new anniversary quests for everyone.

For players who have not yet tried Monster Hunter: World, a free Trial Version of the base game will be available on PlayStation 4 system and Xbox One starting tomorrow, December 11 at 4pm PST through December 17 at 3:59pm PST. Offering a hefty preview, the Trial Version allows new players to experience quests up to the 3-star level and online multiplayer up to Hunter Rank 4. This will provide plenty of opportunity to try out a variety of quests, craft and upgrade equipment, and join in on the game’s trademark cooperative multiplayer action with existing owners of the game. In addition, any saved progress transfers over to the main game, so new players are encouraged to start their hunting journey.

In Monster Hunter: World, players take on larger than life monsters in a variety of vast, living, breathing ecosystems either solo or with up to three other hunters via online co-op, complete with drop-in functionality, a first for the series. The story follows the journey of the elder dragons as they begin their once a decade migration across the sea to a land known as the New World in an event referred to by inhabitants as the Elder Crossing. As part of the Guild’s Research Commission, players must embark on a grand journey to this massive, mysterious land and uncover the secrets behind this phenomenon. The Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion will build upon this story when it releases in autumn 2019 for PlayStation 4 system and Xbox One. For all the title updates revealed today, including the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion, Capcom is planning to develop PC versions as well, and will share more on the availability in future announcements.