Closed Thread
Page 93 of 151 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast

Figures of Oroshi Kirin and Rajang in MHW style were released a couple months back. People started speculation they may be added to the game. Now we're getting Iceborne? Narga seems a sure in with the trailer and while this is my first Monster Hunter I hear about Tigrex a lot so it would not surprise me if ALL of these are making it in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I really wish I had the patience to actually play Witcher 3 all the way through. It's such a great game, but it's so fucking long lol... That said, I'm pretty sure the monster(s) added will be something I haven't actually fought in the game.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Narga being added means Tigrex and Barioth are likely since they share the same skeleton.

A snow level being added also likely means Khezu, unfortunately.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Figures of Oroshi Kirin and Rajang in MHW style were released a couple months back. People started speculation they may be added to the game. Now we're getting Iceborne? Narga seems a sure in with the trailer and while this is my first Monster Hunter I hear about Tigrex a lot so it would not surprise me if ALL of these are making it in.
    Nargacuga is basically Tigrex reskinned with new animations, so it would just be easy to do. Plus his biomes are snow and desert while Narga would be in Ancient Forest.

I'd love to see Rajang and Zinogre, but I have to say, Furious Rajang and Stygian Zinogre are straight up AT Kirin level of difficulty. The Raj weapons at least would be usable thunder elemental weapons for the slower styles since they are high raw with lower thunder.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Narga being added means Tigrex and Barioth are likely since they share the same skeleton.

A snow level being added also likely means Khezu, unfortunately.
    I'll take Khezu all day over fucking Giginox.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Autumn of 2019? Damn son, I doubt I'll still be playing

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No way I'd still be actively playing by that point, but I'd for sure jump right back in.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I stopped playing about a month ago. I lost interest after getting stuck farming stupid Xeno horns. I wanted the Styx weapons so bad and got everything except those horns and trying to get them killed my motivation to play for some reason. I will definitely get the expansion though. I hope it isn't too hard to jump back into the game after a year break though.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I stopped playing about a month ago. I lost interest after getting stuck farming stupid Xeno horns. I wanted the Styx weapons so bad and got everything except those horns and trying to get them killed my motivation to play for some reason. I will definitely get the expansion though. I hope it isn't too hard to jump back into the game after a year break though.
    I got the trick for this mang. So right now during the winter fest you can hit that quest up all you want over and over. Walk in with a HBG that shoots spread 3 ammo (I use KT Assault Horn but the Nerg or Jho guns work too), and have 3 close range up mods, maxed weakness exploit, critical boost, part breaker, spread jewel, and mind's eye/ballistic jewel if you have them (non-elemental boost jewel with horn). Shoot it in the face with spread 3 for 2 minutes until you break it's face and then leave the quest. Bam, you'll either have a horn or a veil. Most of the time it's a horn. 2 minute farms. Easy peazy.

Also I never used HBG (or any ranged weapon) until AT Xeno came out, and I gotta say, it's the easiest weapon in the world to use. I hereby dub it the noobstick.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hope this means continued support on them fixing all the visuals (general blurriness despite turning off all the shit that normally incurs it) and performance issues on PC without bruteforcing it using an overkill CPU, because its general degree of stuttering/hitching still (or the rendering cost of that fog that everyone just turned off) is pretty laughable.

Echoing the same statements as others though that it's sure a bit of a gap going from MHW's console release to this expansion. I could understand if they were unsure how well MHW would do sales-wise before committing to an expansion/g-rank since it deviated from the main series, but adding a couple new locales and a few monsters with their already established tools shouldn't take this long. Either case this gives me time to gear up some more, and hopefully not too overgeared come the expansion since I would assume it'd carry off after the main story ended at HR15.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I got the trick for this mang. So right now during the winter fest you can hit that quest up all you want over and over. Walk in with a HBG that shoots spread 3 ammo (I use KT Assault Horn but the Nerg or Jho guns work too), and have 3 close range up mods, maxed weakness exploit, critical boost, part breaker, spread jewel, and mind's eye/ballistic jewel if you have them (non-elemental boost jewel with horn). Shoot it in the face with spread 3 for 2 minutes until you break it's face and then leave the quest. Bam, you'll either have a horn or a veil. Most of the time it's a horn. 2 minute farms. Easy peazy.

Also I never used HBG (or any ranged weapon) until AT Xeno came out, and I gotta say, it's the easiest weapon in the world to use. I hereby dub it the noobstick.
    Thanks I gotta get some time to try that out. If I broke through that barrier and got my Styx sword and hammer I think I could get back into the grind and enjoy some of the new content I have missed. I will skip AT Xeno because I don't much care for non soloable content but definitely I want to get that AT Luna gear and finish my AT Teo gear.

I really do wish I could more easily solo Behemoth though for his armor.

BG Level

AT Xeno is easily soloable

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If it's anything like regular Xeno it's probably way easier solo.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

A reminder, anyone on PS4 HR50+, I am down to do tempered elders/AT stuff for gems/hero stones/loot.
    Tomorrow, gotta finish my XIV weeklies today before reset.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

According to CDPR you'll actually play as Geralt for the crossover.

Players will get to utilize Geralt’s “signature fighting style, seamlessly blending swordplay, combat magic, and an assortment of monster hunting equipment,” CD Projekt Red said.

BG Level

Bring on the sex quest

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Looks like AT Vaal is going to be a solo quest for me lol. It's boring but takes about 15 minutes solo, takes infinity in a group because people constantly die.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I really do wish I could more easily solo Behemoth though for his armor.
    You don't have to beat Behemoth to get his armor. Partbreaker and Palarang can get you everything you need. Especially if you go in sleep bombing with an HBG.

I still haven't actually beaten Behemoth either, but I still have 4/5 pieces of armor and only need like two more bones to get the last part.

I would still love to beat him (in a non-cheese way) just to say that I did though, but I haven't even tried to form a group for him in a long time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Plus, if you never beat him, you get FF music as your de-facto town music until you do.

BG Level

If you're a console player, and playing with a team, use this setup:

Food:
    Veggie platter

Gear:
    Empress (weapon) Styx (Augment: Health Regen)
    Kaiser Crown y
    Zorah Hide y
    Kaiser Vambraces y (Drachen Vambraces a are better if you have them)
    Zorah Spine y
    Zorah Spurs y
    Blessing or Health Charm 3

Jewels:
    3 Critical jewels
    3 Tenderizer jewels
    3 Vitality or Protection jewels
    1 Footing jewel
    1 Blast jewel
    1 Fortitude jewel

Skills:
    7 Critical Eye
    3 Tremor Resistance
    3 Health Boost
    3 Blast Attack
    3 Critical Boost
    3 Weakness Exploit
    2 Bombardier
    **Fortify
    **Razor Sharp
    **Critical Status

Even if you're bad like me you it's hard to die when you have 200 health, divine blessing, and tremor resist.