Closed Thread
Page 73 of 151 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Since I never played MH before, aside from adjusting to the infodump of things to keep track of, the only real problem I'm having with the game is the awful item use interface. Is there an easier way to manage this or am I going to have to get used to accidentally using the wrong items on my radial menus while I'm running for my life from something that's intent on eating my face?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's an option in the menus to make the radial menu require an additional button press instead of just releasing the one you used to pull up the wheel.

You'll get used to it if you're using controller, you can also modify your radial menu so you don't have items on it, but generally it's useful and there's some things you can't do without it (like being awesome at LBG/HBG).

Generally I always keep a whetstone, craft for flash pods, herbal medicine and whatever tools I'm using. Everything else depends on build (like crafting ammo or potions).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

no 3440x1440 ultrawide support, but supports 2560x1440, k.

Everything maxed I'm running at about 80FPS :/ probably gonna drop a few things down to get to 100+ I have a hard time enjoying anything that runs below 100, 60 is just unplayable for me.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about save file editing, if/when it becomes a thing. It feels really stupid to farm behemoth with my cat because this thing scales to 4 people only. While I have my issues with PS+, the main beef is with Capcom forcing multiplayer in their fully single player capable game. I don't begrudge an online mode, but I do begrudge the wall they put up to the rewards when it's not necessary. It really shouldn't be too much to ask for both here, but at least PC gets me access without extra cost, but I suppose if I had paid for it by now, I'd be a wash at this point, but this is also the longest I've ever played a non-PC game anyways.

Oh well.
    I totally agree with you on this. It really bugs me that Behemoth, Arena, and Kulve don't scale for offline mode. I don't care about leader boards (arena) they could even make it so you have to force offline mode to get them to scale but it would be nice if they did.

In case anyone didn't see a couple new things. They announced a new r8 weapon of each type for the next Kulve. From what I saw some of them are pretty amazing. I might finally have a hammer to go for that could replace the Diablos Shatterer II. Close to the same raw and has hidden element but natural white sharpness too.

And AT Teo is out. I haven't fought him yet but by most accounts he is about the same difficulty as regular T Teo just hits harder and more hp. Most people are saying he is easier than AT Vaal which makes sense because you don't have to deal with the chip damage which honestly was the hardest aspect of the AT Vaal fight.

AT Daora should be coming out soon as well as the code red arena event since the Dante layered armor requires 2 Teo tickets and 2 Red Orbs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm deciding whether to buy the game or not on PC, I have some questions before I do.

I've been reading that the game is incredibly easy compared to the previous games, and that it's easier to beat monsters solo than in MP, is that true? It was exactly the opposite in the previous games.

Is the monster variety as low as some people say? I like getting different weapons and armors but if there's less options than previous games that's kind of a bummer.

Is the game enjoyable for long time players of the series? I've been playing since Freedom unite.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even with all the changes it's still fucking Monster Hunter.

If you've liked the other games in the series you'll like this.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Generations ultimate is out on the 28th so if you need that old school style there ya go too.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A lot of shit is streamlined in World (i.e., no more paintballs and psychoserums, instead your scout flies will act as a permanent psychoserum once your research lvl is high enough) but otherwise the gameplay is still mostly the same. The dumbass styles from MHG are gone, which is great since it ended up just becoming Brave Style: The Game; some of the style mechanics and attacks are now baked in to weapon movesets. The roster is the smallest ever in a MH game, and if that's the main thing for you just play Generations Ultimate instead. Otherwise it's Monster Hunter running on consoles with processing power better than a mobile phone from 2008.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    There's an option in the menus to make the radial menu require an additional button press instead of just releasing the one you used to pull up the wheel.
    !! I didn't see that option, that sounds awesome, ty.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ended up buying it, I need my MH fix. I don't have a Switch so no Gen ultimate for me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

According to Reddit, if you're using an Nvidia card and got the game ready drivers for MHW, you should probably roll back with DDU and go to 398.36.

More then a few peeps are reporting vastly better performance on the older drivers

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My performance is utterly terrible with my old 670, even on low settings my framerate dips well below 30 during combat, why can't Nvidia release new cards already? -_-

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did you miss the last 6 years?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think he's referring to the 1100 series that should be launching late August, early September.

edit; and they're being called the 2000 series instead, k nvidia.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    And AT Teo is out. I haven't fought him yet but by most accounts he is about the same difficulty as regular T Teo just hits harder and more hp. Most people are saying he is easier than AT Vaal which makes sense because you don't have to deal with the chip damage which honestly was the hardest aspect of the AT Vaal fight.
    He's real easy. Got 7 tickets solo in a jiffy.
    I think part of it is that we have all this gear we didn't have access to when AT Vaal was up. Luna/AT/Behemoth gear changed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    AT Daora should be coming out soon as well as the code red arena event since the Dante layered armor requires 2 Teo tickets and 2 Red Orbs.
    When I saw I needed another red orb for a delivery I was pretty annoyed. I hate having unfinished deliveries lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm surprised they didn't re-run that quest along side T-Teo. Though of all the armor in the game, Dante's stuff is one of the last I would've wanted as a layered set. I would've preferred some of the older tier gear (leather/hunter/jagras etc) or something first as there were some nice pieces from those early sets. If they don't get Layered sets, they should at least get upgraded sets from stronger versions of their respective monsters like the Arch Tempered Elder Dragon sets.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I think he's referring to the 1100 series that should be launching late August, early September.

edit; and they're being called the 2000 series instead, k nvidia.
    ditto, I'm not going to go and buy a 2+ year old card when the new ones are supposed to come out in a month, my old 670 served me well and I haven't played any GPU intensive game in the last few years, that's why I haven't upgraded.

Weirdly enough, I'm having a hard time playing this with a controller, I have a serious case of WTF is going on right now, it should be way easier to play with a controller, not harder.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I've been trying to learn both. IG is the one weapon class I can't get used to on a keyboard. Aerial combat is a fucking nightmare with the camera attached to my mouse for some reason. It just isn't accurate and has a momentum mechanic that keeps it moving when my mouse has stopped. Sucks, but I've adapted to bugging mobs easily on a controller anyway.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I've totally gotten the hang of most stuff now (Insect Glaive is my new best friend) but I haven't touched investigations yet because of the timer on them. They are basically just extra quests right, unlike bounties which you can do anytime? You can't overlap them with a quest that gives the same objective, can you?

Also I accidentally put Poogie by the canteen and I guess he thought he was gonna get eaten cause he booked it into the woods lol