Closed Thread
Page 100 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My first try I did it with the Witcher SNS and couldn't keep the Pukes alive. It also took forever to kill anything with it. Second time I decided to go for the SA and was tearing up everything. The Gajalaka sidequest was stupid easy, the Jagras packs got tore up and even the tree boss was stun locked most of the fights. Until I get to that last pukey part again and I couldn't even touch the damn boss. His attacks just seem faster and more likely to stun in that part, spent half the fight in the air and the other dazed.

Gonna give him another go until I get it done, but i'm gonna loathe doing this fight again for my alts.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i saved my igni for the jagras and those ez powder canith told me about helped out.
    free attack jewel is the shit. got 4 total now, which should open a few builds for me. have to play around

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Witcher quest was awesome. Running LS made the quest extremely easy to handle. Ended up completing the Pukei-Pukei sidequest with one flashpod remaining and his health never went lower than 90%. Bring on the Ancient Leshen!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got back into the game and trying to get gear. Fought Behemoth many times and got carted. Last time we fought, we got him down but there were no comets to hide behind and we lost. I just need one kill to get what I want. Whoever made this fight is a real piece of shit.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Got back into the game and trying to get gear. Fought Behemoth many times and got carted. Last time we fought, we got him down but there were no comets to hide behind and we lost. I just need one kill to get what I want. Whoever made this fight is a real piece of shit.
    Normal behemoth or extreme?

I'm having problems doing normal with pugs but I don't wanna do it through the mh discord and be found out that I'm useless.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Normal. I'm definitely not trying to mess with the extreme version. With that said, I just beat it finally. Had a solid PUG group.

BG Level

extreme is the only thing in the game i haven't even tried. fuck that jumping the comet noise. i'll live without drachen layered armor lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    i saved my igni for the jagras and those ez powder canith told me about helped out.
    free attack jewel is the shit. got 4 total now, which should open a few builds for me. have to play around
    My third time around I managed to beat the thing and achieve all sidequests without even using the Lifepowders. I usually like sns but for this fight it's terrible, long sweeping weapons are definitely the best option. The Leshen is also super susceptible to slingers, between them and Igni I more or less stun locked him the entire last part of the fight. The Paralysis knives are also a great way to start that last section, the Pukey will jump right on him, bring the Jagras with it and you can follow up with an Ignis to stun the Leshen and kill all the Jagras in one go.

Though I'm mostly curious as to what the difference is between the Rune item you get as a reward and the emote. Both do roughly the same damage and both seem to have the same cool down...so what's the point of getting the item AND the emote when they seem to do the same thing. Personally I would've preferred it if the Runestone was a tool and was actually useful for stunning mobs weak against fire. As an item, it just seems useless and wastes precious inventory space.

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    The Behemoths are the one monster I have yet to beat in this game, though I do have 4/5ths of his armor set. You don't actually have to beat him to farm enough parts, just have to break bits off him. Throw a maxed out Palarang on your cat and sleep bomb him with a buddy a few times and you should get the parts you need. Sadly I seem to be one of the few people left who still plays on the ps4 so it's impossible to find a reliable group to actually fight him with.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    As an item, it just seems useless and wastes precious inventory space.
    Since the witcher weapon is a sns, and sns is probably one of the least used weapons, they probably wanted a little boost to it.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm still playing on PS4, popping on every day/week to do limited bounties.
    Just post a time and date, and I'll be there, or let you know otherwise.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I'm still playing on PS4, popping on every day/week to do limited bounties.
    Just post a time and date, and I'll be there, or let you know otherwise.
    Sounds good. Might do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    The Behemoths are the one monster I have yet to beat in this game, though I do have 4/5ths of his armor set. You don't actually have to beat him to farm enough parts, just have to break bits off him. Throw a maxed out Palarang on your cat and sleep bomb him with a buddy a few times and you should get the parts you need. Sadly I seem to be one of the few people left who still plays on the ps4 so it's impossible to find a reliable group to actually fight him with.
    I had needed the mane for the hands and that was ironically the only part that I wasn't getting from broken pieces. I was in the same position as you for a bit though. Haha.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

What is the easiest weapon to roll through end game / high rank / tempered / AT / extreme fights?

I don't mean easiest weapon to learn or play like sns, I just mean easiest to farm hard shit with.

Is it bow or lance? I'm rolling through black diablos and stuff with gs and cb and am trying to build my pre behemoth CB and GS sets but I really have trouble with Behe. So now I am trying to farm the deviljoh long sword and deviljo just sucks with either weapon I use against it (cb/GS).

I notice when I do black diablos farming that a ton of people roll in with Lance and seem to do really well, like it's unfair. That's the type of weapon I'm looking for. But then against Jo and Behe my trouble is staying close so I'm thinking I'd want bow to be at range but that will take a ton of farming and I don't really understand the shitton of coatings I'd need for stuff.

BG Level

lbg and hbg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think the easiest would be using a lv4 wide, health augmented gunlance with Guard5, Guard Up, Artillery 3, Capacity Up, eating for Felyne Artillery. All you do is guard, shell, and reload with wyvern fire on big openings. It's a bit boring, but doing a constant 70 dmg per shell anywhere on the monster while blocking every attack safely makes most fights a breeze. Also, with only a few skills needed, it's pretty easy to build, with more decorations letting you put in situational skills like health/element resist since your shell damage is capped. I think the only monster that it doesn't work well against is Lunastra since her aura will burn faster than the healing rate from shells. Look up Caoslayer on youtube for gameplay examples against tougher monsters.

BG Level

there's nothing easier than cluster bombing mobs. there just isnt

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cluster bombing only works well if you're solo or if all of you are doing it in multiplayer though. As far as just building a generic set to roll through all of the content in the game with relative ease, non elemental lance or shelling GL are pretty hard to beat. LBG and HBG are great, but you have to change your gear and playstyle around depending on the monster. Bow is powerful, but requires more finesse because you need to be really close and the attack animations lock you in slightly longer than a low recoil bowgun build.

Edit: I can help out on PC with Behemoth, I think I've killed him in rando public groups about 10 times now, mostly as tank or healer.

+1 for Gunlance. Eat some food, hold up your shield and turn your brain off.

Really though just use what you're most comfortable with, generally you'll kill faster with that unless you really take the time to learn a new weapon.

BG Level

i too adhere to said logic. games more fun when you kill how you wanna kill.
    outside of at xeno i only use db, which is the closest range weapon in the game, so you can kill basically everything with anything

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have wyvern GS and diablos2 cb so I was either going to start building towards those early endgame sets or pick up the deviljo long sword and do that set since I'm only missing one scalp for the weapon.

In multiplayer deviljo runs across the map at people that's why I was thinking a ranged weapon it sucks chasing and missing and I miss with cb a lot on Behe so maybe that close of range isn't for me. Then I get in a group with a lance bro and he stands in place the whole fight lol.

Hbg bow and lbg seem to rely a lot on coatings and swapping them and farming mats for them, I don't know if I'll like doing that I have trouble enough keeping herbs honey and flash pods.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also with Behe people are just dumb I know I'm a liability so I just kite shits drop life powders and use mantle once in a while and barely get hits in cause I know I'll die. But noobs still over extend.