BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Monster Hunter World Anniversary Event is coming. (All info is for consoles, someone else can asterisk for PC info)

January 26 to February 21, a whole month of all released event quests being up (including Kulve, excluding the New Years event).
    Also a new event quest, The Greatest Jagras, requires HR50.

Also, February 8th is when the Witcher collaboration is supposed to happen.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Arch tempered Jagras. As was foretold in the lore of olde.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Also Arch Tempered Lavasioth on the 8th iirc. From what I understand, Jagras was the most hunted monster of the last year and Lavasioth was the least hunted.

I'm curious if they'll bother with new moves or changing the fights up somehow as Lavasioth is already a jerk to fight. And as a PS4 player, I hope they both come with good layered sets (I can see bone and hunter sets or something similar).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd be pretty happy with a bone layered set. It's one of the few sets that looks good on female characters.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    Also Arch Tempered Lavasioth on the 8th iirc. From what I understand, Jagras was the most hunted monster of the last year and Lavasioth was the least hunted.

I'm curious if they'll bother with new moves or changing the fights up somehow as Lavasioth is already a jerk to fight. And as a PS4 player, I hope they both come with good layered sets (I can see bone and hunter sets or something similar).
    Well the preview image for AT Jagras makes it look huge. So unless they go mini Lava, the other funny thing would be to make it Plesioth size and give it the hipcheck hitbox.

But I'm oddly hype for AT Lavasioth. Working my way up the progression without kulve armor, most T2 tempered were hard fights.
    Except Lavasioth, he's easy, so that was my go to.
    Except I kept getting 15 minute Lavasioth investigations. Easy, but very, very tight.
    So me and Lavasioth have a thing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well you can have him, because that fight is like the perfect mix of all of the most annoying mechanics in the game all at once.

BG Level

minds eye jewel. smack away free and clear

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm sure he means more than just that. The J slides, lava dives, pool spits, etc.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I haven't even used mind's eye in this version of the game, because in past versions even though it lets you hit without bouncing, the hits still do reduced damage and decrease sharpness faster. But yeah, if it was just the bouncing it wouldn't be that bad. Hell, if randos could avoid getting carted by his big fireball AoE it would make the fight more tolerable, but the worst part is definitely him swimming around for a minute at a time in the lava in the one area. All that combined with the fact that he's almost pointless to fight do to his weapons and armor being pretty useless and his tempered version taking as long as an elder for T2 rewards and it's just not worth the fight really.

BG Level

little note for console peeps. apparently the kjarr weapons with critical status aren't currently working atm.
    all the kjarr critical element weapons however work just fine

fix is expected in feburary

http://monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/notice/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Looks like the anniversary "all previous events" thing is happening on PC as well + AT Great Jagras.

http://game.capcom.com/world/steam/us/schedule.html

Really glad this is the case because I just recently got the game on PC and I'm missing so many of the event items.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So I finally got sick of trying to get a rathalos Ruby to have better gear for it and manned up to do nergigante. I switched to charge blade and did quite well although I used sos flares each time to kill it faster while my son naps. Have been farming him with cb and gs and it's a lot of fun but I haven't done it solo yet just due to time constraints. Man is it satisfying to land saed and true strike on him. Haven't died once to the dive bomb, only deaths were to getting stuck in a corner. Found out how to use guard as well, can't believe the things I can block with it. I enjoy both weapons so much not sure which I'll build out and continue with first.

Saw you guys mention lavilosh or whatever it's called. Fuck that fight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You mean use guard points? Because to just guard you just hold the shoulder button, and with a shield deco you can block literally anything in the game other than Ecliptic Meteor and tick damage. Guard points are great, but more because they let you do SAED counters way faster than going into axe mode first. I use them a lot solo but in groups I hate getting hit trying to be flashy (and monster behavior is so much harder to predict...) so I tend to just block more than GP.

That said, I finally got a 3rd artillery deco to drop, so I made a more updated CB build since I haven't used it in a while. I'm sick to death of Diablos CB though, it's why I stopped using CB mostly, so I made a Empress Ruin CB build with AU7, Artillery3, PP3 and Vaal health regen with recovery up goodies. The phial damage is definitely a bit lower than Diablos, but in general it feels so much less like you're barely holding on trying to keep out of green sharpness and not die because you're so slot starved.

BG Level

apparently the kjarr ice CB is the new hotness if you're lucky enough to get the drop

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

IT PUKES DECORATIONS! I GOT 31!
    Also Faux Ticket 3 for layered bone mask and kulu-ya-ku head.

Also, Gala set is R7 - 64 base def, each piece has 3 deco slots, in a 2-1-1 or 3-1-1 configuration.

And oh god, daily limited bounties, for a month QQ.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Holy fuck this quest is awesome

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Is this the AT Great Jagras you are talking about?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, he drops decos all over the ground when he pukes. Makes picking them up kind of a pain because he also causes tremors when he moves and hits like a truck lol.

Edit: He does move to new areas a lot, so you can just do it then, but most people so far just run around during the fight and try to dodge him while doing it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yea, the Jagras quest literally pukes out Decorations after it eats an Aptonoth. There's also a tiny Deviljho running around the Jagras will beat on.

Personally, I'm a bit sad the only layered armor pieces for it are the two hats. Since it's not fully AT (it's just really big and hurts like hell) I can understand not getting a "gamma" Jagras set. But a Layered Jagras set would've been nice. The event armor itself though is surprisingly good, and I'm sure it'll be great as a layered set as well.