BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Probably a good idea for a discord channel to be set up, on the BG server, so that people can ping each other easier.
    Don't disagree. Big problem is it being a pain in the ass to get people together in-game only and if I had to try every time I logged in (which admittedly was just a bad week for me this week) I wouldn't be able to actually play. Cail, send a message to my PSN OlgaFlow and I'll set you up next time I'm on.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Fucking tempered Nergi was a cake walk compared to kirin.
    Kirin can suck it wasn't ready for that lol . and I'm just on the hard moder mode of the areas am I wrong for making one of each elemental weapon.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Probably a good idea for a discord channel to be set up, on the BG server, so that people can ping each other easier.
    There's a Mon Hun voice channel in the BG Discord.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The amount of tails I've forgotten, trying to stay alive until something runs off, is littering the New World. The ravens must be happy.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Downy Crake and Petricanth took me around 10 hours, but they're done. Didn't see Bristly Crake or whatever even once while hunting Petri either.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Fucking tempered Nergi was a cake walk compared to kirin.
    He's honestly the easiest of the tempered elders imo. He only has the single one shot move, and you still have time to avoid it following a roar. All the other Elder Dragons can roar (well excluding Kirin since he has no roar, but he has enough moves that can one shot anyways) can kill you before you recover, making single faint investigations an annoying crapshoot sometime.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So, took me like 4 weapons to finally find something I like. Really liking bow, though it doesnt do as well solo (so far). I find it much easier/better in a group. Having more fun now!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bow is legit as fuck in this game. For soloing I'd recommend trying to get some Construction points when you can. Being able to spam dodge dancing (and thus exploiting all the i frames you get) makes soloing super easy.

There's a Crit Draw Dragon Piercer build going around now, but since it involves exploiting a bug in Dragon Piercer I'd expect it to get nerfed. We're living in a brave new world of balance patches in a Monster Hunter game, from the people who brought us Kelbi Bow and vanilla MH4 Charge Blade.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I love the Val Hazak set both in looks and practicality on lance.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Playing right now. If you're in the PS4 BG group, send me a message if you can't join the squad session

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gunlance with Protective Polish is my everything

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Largely wrapped up my pre-HR49 HBG set. Now focused on grinding HR and also putting together a HH set; oddly love HH for some reason. The range and KO potential + Attack L/XL doots are pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Triangle + Circle, Triangle+Circle is a much faster way to AED then using R2+Triangle, assuming you don't need the Guard Point.

Regardless, I would not recommend CB for a beginner. To use it optimally it's honestly quite complicated, and it has more moves then every other weapon in the game. Granted every single axe move but AED is garbage (unless you're trying to cut a high tail), but the fact remains that between phials, shield timer, Sword timer, and bounceback from overcharging the phials can be a lot to think about.
    Valid points, but this was also my first MH ever and I ran CB pretty easily. You trade some mechanical complexity for a versatile and durable build with strong burst damage; the shield also helps immensely as a beginner (at least it did for me, particularly on tough fights). The combo variation is dependent on a variety of factors; countering with it after a guard point or baiting a mob to charge you with axe out, rolling, then immediately dropping SAED are two pretty common ways that I've found to land it given the lengthy wind time, but not a pro.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Btw, a new thing in this game that may not be commonly known, you do not need to put away your weapon to use whetstone from your radial menu.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just popped on, if any BG guild people wanna invite me in!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Downy Crake and Petricanth took me around 10 hours, but they're done. Didn't see Bristly Crake or whatever even once while hunting Petri either.
    Saw Downy Cakes spawn, and when I was crouching up to them, Great Jargas came by and spooked the heard, which spooked the pets. That assehole died after that BS.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Are event quests the best way to farm jewels right now?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

for earlier into HR folks, probably. for later, I still think farming tempered elders is the best. esp if you get lucky and get 3-4 purple box investigations.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

3 or 4 box Tempered HR30 or Elders are better choices (since it gives the chance of Rarity 8 gems) if you have access to them, but the event quest has the advantage of being pretty easy. And a nice relaxing slaughter fest can be useful.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I like to go to the quest board/lady, select "Join Group", SOS Flares, then set the following criteria:

A) Investigations
    B) 9*
    C) Rewards available

Then just continue to refresh until a few pop up. Tempered investigations, particularly with 3 or 4 jewel rewards, are extremely popular though; I effectively have to mash X to get in before the posted groups fill up. Only caveat is if you're sub-HR50, the criteria above will produce some investigations you can't join yet (tempered elders).

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Definitely gotten my money's worth out of the game but man, the endgame RNG is killing me. At HR 97 (also got the hunt 500 large monsters achievement) and still have yet to see a Hero's Streamstone.

At least Full Burst Gunlance is insanely entertaining, tho I'm still missing a Guard Up gem (or Capacity Boost gem, which would let me sneak in Evade Extender +2) and augments on my weapon.

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 151 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast