+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

No Mans Sky I’ll concede to. I forgot about that. The others weren’t remotely close to the level of promise their devs were spewing out compared to Destiny. Those motherfuckers literally had a video stating they had decade long plans for the game and story.

The minuscule story Destiny provided was garbage and the game was replaced in like 2 years. I convinced so many friends to buy that game and it was a total letdown, after 2 weeks. Destiny 2 was somehow even worse. Mind blowing.

I’m 100% convinced Destiny 2 was just extra content that was meant for Destiny 1 and they wanted to rebrand it and charge full game price instead of DLC price.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The game looks neat but man it’s crazy when all I see on Reddit are threads like “EA bad” or “Stop preordering games” (thanks Fallout 76) but then the same people are preordering this.

Will check it out but definitely waiting on reviews and thoughts from people who play it and make it to endgame.

I got burned by both Destiny 2 (only bought it because I saw it was coming to PC and supporting glorious ultrawide) and Fallout 76 (barely played the game, preordered mostly for the power armor edition) so I am trying to be more cautious.

Will likely be the same for The Division 2 because Ubisoft isn’t much better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Will likely be the same for The Division 2 because Ubisoft isn’t much better.
    I am having so many issues not just throwing money at the Gold Edition right now jfc I need help.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I liked the Division. wish i had friends to play it with. same about pre-ordering...

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I really wanted Division to be good ever since I first saw the gameplay demo at E3 ( or wherever it was announced). I paused on purchasing day 1 and I was glad I did after all the mediocre feedback. I purchased Destiny on day 1, got my time out of it, but I was let down by the end (I stupidly purchased one of the DLCs hoping it got better, put in maybe 6hrs and turned it off in disgust). I really want Anthem to be good. I really want a good ARPG with the level of detail we've seen so far in these demos. I loved Monster Hunter to death and it's still going strong, and I pray that Anthem can be as strong in its delivery and content.

Needless to say, I'm not going to get burned on a day 1 purchase and will wait for reviews. If I miss a week of content and progression I won't cry over it.

BG Level

If you're playing on PC, just do what I did: pay $15 or whatever it is for the Original Premiere access. If you don't like it, you can cancel and you're only out $15. You also get to start a full week in advance of release. You get access to every game in their library too, if that is something that interests you.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Waiting on BG to review this cause im tired of getting burned. Destiny 2 grinded my gears, and I can totally see this one doing the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

With all the crap during the beta demo, I am still hype cus the core gameplay is legit fun, and the gear and loot system potential is great. Having your gameplay drastically change due to loot and builds is something destiny failed at. This actually gets it done.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I liked it a lot, but the little voice in the back of my head keeps screaming "It's EA! Never buy EA!"

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    I liked it a lot, but the little voice in the back of my head keeps screaming "It's EA! Never buy EA!"
    Youd think people would learn. I'm not writing this off, but I remain highly skeptical until a month from now when people are capped and finally talking about how the game really is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm probably not as hard on EA because I don't play many of their games, hence I haven't felt the burn as much as others. This said, ME:A taught me never to pre order a game again, the perks just aren't worth giving away money early.

Also, it's possible (probably laughable) that EA could be trying to turn around their rock bottom image. If done right, Anthem would be a great start.

BG Level

The only time I pre-order a game is if there is a "head start" involved. This one has the biggest I've ever seen.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Can't wait to see the monetaztion of this as well

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't even get to play with the other javelins they unlocked late yesterday, was watching royal rumble. Wanted to try out the colossus, so guess I'll wait till this coming up weekend, as all progress from VIP demo will carry over to this weekend.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wholly expect the cosmetic prices to be "reduced". Presenting a egregiously over-grindy system at launch only to have it cause inevitable backlash and then "Listen to feedback" and reduce is basically free positive PR. (edit: Even though that SS is apparently quite old).

Either way, too much stink attached to EA for me to ever preorder a single one of their games no matter how good it might look. I'll wait a while, keep an eye on it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    The only time I pre-order a game is if there is a "head start" involved. This one has the biggest I've ever seen.
    The head start is based off a subscription to Origin Access Premier, not pre-ordering the game.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As long as it all remains cosmetic I don't give a fuck. $20 for an entire armor set is standard if not cheaper than most games that have a cosmetic shop. I remember paying $25-40 for costumes in F2P MMOs. Even the fancier skins in Warframe cost in excess of 20 bucks. I'm just glad they also give the option to grind out currency in the game.

BG Level

That ain't shit compared to Path of Exile cosmetic prices, which is the hottest ARPG/fake MMO in a long time.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aren’t those all free games?