FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Can't currently open their actual site but..
    Spoiler: show
    Hey everyone!

One year ago, we were preparing to launch Anthem – a game that represented a big leap into new territory for us as a studio. It was an exhilarating and terrifying experience to go out to the world with something new and different, and we are grateful to all the players who have come along with us on the journey. It has been a thrill for us to see the creativity of our players in designing customized Javelins, and watching them master Anthem’s flying and fighting gameplay. I am so proud of the work the team has put into this game, and at the same time there’s so much more that we – and you – would have wanted from it.

Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features. We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game. So we recognize that there’s still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion. Over the coming months we will be focusing on a longer-term redesign of the experience, specifically working to reinvent the core gameplay loop with clear goals, motivating challenges and progression with meaningful rewards – while preserving the fun of flying and fighting in a vast science-fantasy setting. And to do that properly we’ll be doing something we’d like to have done more of the first time around – giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.

In the meantime, we will continue to run the current version of Anthem, but move away from full seasons as the team works towards the future of Anthem. We’ll keep the game going with events, store refreshes, and revisiting past seasonal and cataclysm content – starting with our anniversary towards the end of the month.

Creating new worlds is central to our studio mission, but it’s not easy. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we miss. What keeps us going is the support from players like you. Your feedback gives us guidance on how we can improve, and your passion inspires us with the courage to create. I look forward to working together with your involvement and feedback towards the best possible future for Anthem.

Casey Hudson - BioWare General Manager

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Remember in FFXI, you could type some command... /sea all or something iirc, anyway, and it'd show you all # of people online at any given time? I'd love to have that capability for Anthem. I can't fathom who this message is to, except like maybe a few thousand people? I mean props for them keeping at it but players aren't going to return to this game again. Maybe the team is really small as to offset the populace of actual active gamers...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Few thousand may even be a stretch. Better games have less than 1,000 average weekly logins on Steam.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Twitch has 8 channels showing Anthem with 69 viewers.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

There were several times, not 2 months after launch, that it had less than 25 viewers. I stick by this being the worst-launched AAA game ever. Fallout 76 even has a dedicated base and supposedly the game got somewhat better. Anthem is just a tragedy.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

When Tisi, Sono, and Michaera (& Wolf on comms) streamed Anthem a month back, Tisi was literally the top streamer for the game.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBigCormorantTTours

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/first-anniversary

Anniversary skins - available until March 24th.

Spoiler: show

It’s time to celebrate a full year of adventure, combat, and exploration in the beautiful but dangerous world of Anthem. We’d like to thank all the brave Freelancers who dared to journey beyond the walls and face a myriad of dangers, from the Monitor to the Grabbit King. You’ve suited up and joined the fight, selflessly protecting the people of Bastion.

Courage like yours deserves a reward. That’s why, from now through March 24, 2020, you’ll be able to claim four exclusive “Empowered” vinyls – one for each javelin type. In addition, we’re including a brand-new material: “Painted Metallic Flake.” All five are yours starting today; no unlocks necessary!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

GameRant: Anthem Battle Royale Exists Internally at BioWare | Game Rant.
    https://gamerant.com/anthem-battle-royale/

Current build is a Tribes-like PVP focus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm conflicted.
    On one hand, Anthem: "Now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh."
    On the other hand, Tribes: ::spinfusor disc noises:: "SHAZBOT!"

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bioware :

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ugh, I was kinda hoping for some Info on the Revival. Still, BR? disappointed but not surprised. Of course they'd spitball the idea of jumping on a bandwagon after they failed spectacularly. It'll suck, Tribes-inspired or not, I assure you it'll suck.

But it couldn't hurt, I guess It'd be nice to be proven wrong, but I doubt it lol.

BG Level

::Goes to check Twitch numbers::

17 total viewers across 4 streamers.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    When Tisi, Sono, and Michaera (& Wolf on comms) streamed Anthem a month back, Tisi was literally the top streamer for the game.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBigCormorantTTours
    ^

BG Level

Fallout 76 top streamer has almost 200 viewers. Reminder I was right and this was the most expensive and disastrous AAA release in gaming history.

I mean you can literally take their dev road map from launch and they did, checks notes, nothing. They had some time attack mode that was supposed to be something entirely larger and different that got morphed into a garbage time mode thing.

Never has a dev team gone from best to worst like this. The last Dragon Age, Anthem, and Mass Effect were all Grade A shit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Fallout 76 top streamer has almost 200 viewers. Reminder I was right and this was the most expensive and disastrous AAA release in gaming history.

I mean you can literally take their dev road map from launch and they did, checks notes, nothing. They had some time attack mode that was supposed to be something entirely larger and different that got morphed into a garbage time mode thing.

Never has a dev team gone from best to worst like this. The last Dragon Age, Anthem, and Mass Effect were all Grade A shit.
    Ahem Dragon Age Inquisition was very good the rest though yeah not good

Those changes look good. the core gamplay of Anthem is awesome lets see if they can really make a 2.0 work.

Still waiting for someone to tell me the game is worth playing. I was looking forward to the game until it came out.