+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

FFRK: Jump Start(AKA Full Throttle) YOLO battles!!

First Full Throttle battle for me was a headache, but I probably didn't really go with the best set up for the fight. All the damage was Lightning with OSB/USB and OSB TG Cid, I brought USB Vanille with Asylum RW, Ramza with Shout/Chant Rotation and Fang with SSB2 for Attack down, but I honestly don't think Fang really did shit, probably should have brought BSB Shanttoto. Took a few SL's but got it down with 3 medals lost. 1 on damage taken and 2 on characters KO'd. I think I'll be better prepared next time though.

Those pods can suck a dick, though. <.<;

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I took:

TGC - OSB
    Lightning - OSB
    Mustadio - Hyper Break SSB
    Tyro - Wall
    Y'shtola - BSB

Shout RW

As soon as those pods were fully activated it just felt like a DPS race. Even with Hyper Break, Full Break, Power Breakdown, Wall, Protectga, and a fully dived (including using the new 5* motes) BSB carrying Y'shtola, I just couldn't keep up with the damage. Still got Champion though with some SB gauges to spare

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I used

Lightning - BSB2
    Ashe - BSB & OSB
    Garnet - BSB2
    Ramza - Shout and USB
    Yshtola - BSB

The DPS race at the end was fine except for when he'd always focus on just Garnet to kill her. I would use both Garnet and Lightning to lower his resistance to Lightning more and Ashe dished out that max damage.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I sued
    Reno BSB
    Shantotoo BSB
    Kain BSB
    Fran (Pinpoint)
    Shtola BSB + Wall + Aetherial pulse

OK BSB RW

just buffed and pinpoint X3, then rekpted it with BSBs

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

shantotto: chain > BSB > commands
    ashe: BSB > commands > OSB
    rapha: protect > BSB > commands
    OK: BSB > FB > PBD > ramza USB (RW)
    y'sh: SSII > BSB > commands > BSB

ended with probably 25% of the chain timer left at about 76 hits on the counter.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lightning: OSB
    Eiko: USB, BSB
    Faris: USB, BSB
    Ramza: FB/Shout
    Cid R: BSB+Thunder spells
    RW: Wall

Wasn't terribly difficult, but would have been easier had I equipped the appropriate RMs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Who is the Full Throttle boss for FF6 next week?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Who is the Full Throttle boss for FF6 next week?
    Chadarnook

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

RW'd Tyrath' USB, killed this fight.

Am excited for more motes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Kain bssb, shantotto lcsb and ssb buff, ok bssb and osb, ysh ss2 amd bssb, orlandeu bssb, rw ramza usb. If this is the full throttle in a month then I'm not too worried...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Easy! My team was:
    Garnet> Ixion+Quetzalcoatl R4 / Enveloping Warmth (MAG/DEF+30% and 3000 HP stock) / Blood of the Summoner
    Ashe> Sudden Thunder R4+ Chain Thundaga R3 / Thunder's Echo (OSB) / Bolt from Above
    Onion Knight> Mental Breakdown R3+ Meltdown R1 / Sword and Spell(OSB)+Vessel of Fate(BSB) / Devotion
    Mehnelo> Curaja R5+ Protectga R3 / Dance of Rapture(USB)+ Evanescence(BSB) / Healer's Prayer II
    Tyro> Power Breakdown R4+ Full Break R3 / Sentinel's Grimoire / Gathering Storm (TGCid RM3)
    RW was Ramza's History's Truth (USB).
    First round was buffs, then I went on to debuff RES immediatly and started using commands to reach the first threshold (where he goes crazy) and then unleash my barrage of OSBs. Ashe was hitting for maximum damage while OK was in the 76k range. Needless to say it went down fast lol, didn't have time to use Mehnelo's USB. I timed the second RW cast to apply instant cast for the last round of OSBs.

finally beat this after grinding Lightning to lv80.

lightning
    ramza
    fran
    penelo
    gabranth

No death, though it took like 5 tries for better rng lol. There is definitely something to be said about the character in the center position getting targeted WAY more than usual. That was Penelo for me. He kept killing her once his limiter was off, like, way too consistently for it to be random. So i took someone's advice from this thread and moved her down one, and let Gabranth take her spot. He tanked all those hits like they were bitch hits with draw fire.

After that, the fight was pretty smooth, with Lightning's stupidly OP'd USB doing 9k+ 10x, back to back to back, pretty much almost single handedly doing all the damage.

oh yeah, what jump start battle has shown me so far is that squall's bsb2 is kinda overrated, or at least pretty shitty in this type of fight.

aint nobody got time to build up that junction. So his ass got replaced by gabranth in his underrated innocence imperil dark bsb. imperil entry bsb are kinda awesome for these kind of sb spam fights.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    oh yeah, what jump start battle has shown me so far is that squall's bsb2 is kinda overrated, or at least pretty shitty in this type of fight.

aint nobody got time to build up that junction. So his ass got replaced by gabranth in his underrated innocence imperil dark bsb. imperil entry bsb are kinda awesome for these kind of sb spam fights.
    Finished just in time, we have a new one coming out tonight at 9 PM EST. Ark from FF9. He's weak to wind if you have any wind-based SB's yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Finished just in time, we have a new one coming out tonight at 9 PM EST. Ark from FF9. He's weak to wind if you have any wind-based SB's yet.
    absolutely zero wind sb lol.

but it's ok. apparently this jumpstart was way ahead of the curve difficulty due to the banners shifting around?

So ark should be easier, even if i have zero wind sb.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Ark? Ah shit. Well, good thing I have Zidane BSB/OSB. This should be relatively fun/easy.

I think I'll bring:

Eiko, Beatrix, Zidane, maybe Garnet + Steiner (I'd bring Vivi but all I'd have is Meltdown).

Wondering if I should shelf Garnet even though she brings stock HP to the game. I think instead of Steiner I should just bring Quina for the breakdowns and buff SBs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ark was an absolute joke. Felt like I was doing a 120 fight. He didn't do any damage and I still had half my SB bars ready to go when he died.

Setup:

Zidane SSB/BSB1/OSB
    Alphinaud SSB/BSB
    Fujin SSB/BSB
    Ramza Shout/USB
    Yshtola BSB

RW StoneskinII

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, ark really didn't do that much weird.

ark is a joke, but i still cant beat it because im not doing enough damage before both wall RW runs out lol.

shiiiiet, i guess my complete lack of wind sb really did bite me in the ass.

will try again, this time with my double imperil lightning team.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ark was annoying for me. He kept starting doing an AoE practically right at the start and taking my PT down to like nothing and killing 1-2 people off before I could get ANY mitigation off.... Did that shit like 5x in a row. But he's down now, only lost 2 medals on damage taken. I went in with:

Ramza: Shout/Chant
    Fang: Highwind XIII
    Vanille: Convalesence/(Asylum-RW)
    Bartz: Choco-Romp
    Zack: Meteor Shots.

I don't have any wind OSB's or USB's so I think this was as good as I could get for this one. Ended up finishing him off with Zack spamming BSB Attack command and Bartz spamming Tornado Strike.