+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They didn't even want Camila at the final, apparently. Or maybe she's in a psych ward.

This preview shows TJ drawing for her.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Lost all respect for Tori. Fuck that disgusting whore. Hope Camila wins now.

BG Level

That's not even bad although this whole thing is just awkward all over. I'm guessing you don't know about things with her pre-AYTO Second Chances.

Even this involves two people who made the final, did they really need to spend so much time on this?

BG Level

Nah. Just know her from the challenge.

BG Level

Oh, fair enough. I was referring to Morgan, who they just showed. The AYTO drama between her season and Second Chances is bigger than this. I don't recall the details/timing, but she was with Morgan, and hooked up with his roommate.

BG Level

What the fuck?

I thought for sure that he was joking about "wait til next week", then I looked at the clock. Give me a fucking break. I was wondering why this finale seemed to be so weird, since I guess half the shit I would expect would be in the reunion is next week.

BG Level

Wow! Is another episode really fucking necessary to find out who won?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, fuck this. Have to wait another week? I'm really annoyed with MTV to drag this out even further. This better not become a regular thing.

Surprised Tori got third, I thought she'd done better than Cara. Miz is an annoying host, but he is better than most of the recent reunion hosts they've had, although I haven't watched one in a couple of years. Big thumbs up to the set designers though - they went all out on this one.

Not going to bother sending out scoring spreadsheets until the top two are revealed.

BG Level

I would have thought Tori got 2nd, but I think it comes down to the editing of the climbing portion. They showed two of the girls having trouble, and that could have been 30 seconds or it could have been 10 minutes.

Anyway, some thoughts about that shitty reunion.

-I don't know what Ammo was wearing, but that was incredible. The best thing about the Tony/Simone segment was how he was over Tony's shoulder.

-Nicole Ramos put on a less scary face for this.

-Ashley is that person in the audience that realizes that she's going to be often in the shot so is constantly posing. I'm sure Britni was trying that too, but wasn't positioned just over Miz's shoulder. Poor girl.

-Tori/Derrick H relationship drama doesn't make for good tv at all. Outside of his actual AYTO season, he's been on two shows and not made an impact. While I enjoyed "Torgan" on AYTO Second Chances, having Morgan there only made that segment seem to drag on forever.

-Darrell usually seems like a good dude and someone to maybe chill with, but he just seems so out of place at times. He's kind of in that chill dad mode like CT but without the one liners. This is the guy who made it to the last elimination of Invasion and the only thing I remember from him in that reunion was him talking about farting.

-Are the people in TJ's "VIP Section" people that may be on the Challenge in the future?

Spending an hour focusing on people on the Cory season was a terrible idea. I'm totally fine with the idea of Cory/Nelson/Hunter getting plenty of time, but the rest of that stuff?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hate that I’m watching the reunion to find out who won. They will definitely make this a normal thing because people like me who never watch the reunions are tuning in to find out. This will be the last time they dupe me though. Not sitting through this shit next year.

I was surprised by the Jordan/Tori hook up. Tori sounds like a “free spirit” and I am not mad at that at all. Stop trying to lock down women in their 20’s and let them have FUN.

I’m guessing the final standings are:

Jordan
    Derick
    CT

Cara Marie
    Camilla
    Tori

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I hate that I’m watching the reunion to find out who won. They will definitely make this a normal thing because people like me who never watch the reunions are tuning in to find out. This will be the last time they dupe me though. Not sitting through this shit next year.
    Same here. I will tune in to next week's episode (or, more likely, fast forward until) about 5 minutes left in the show and then who won, followed by Champs vs. Stars, which comes immediately afterwards. I'm not watching another hour of the reunion. Good season, but fuck this shit.

Once again, this is something Survivor does that is far more viewer friendly than The Challenge. Have a 3 hour finale, the last hour of which starts with the reading of the votes to determine the winner and then we go to the reunion. I hate to keep comparing the two, but if The Challenge would take some production lessons from Survivor, the show would be so much better.

BG Level

Speaking of survivor, anybody watching the current season? Probably the weakest set of characters in quite some time.

BG Level

The Challenge needs production lessons from Survivor. Survivor needs challenge (and other) lessons from The Challenge. Both shows could revert to what they were 10-15 years ago and the fans would be happy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Speaking of survivor, anybody watching the current season? Probably the weakest set of characters in quite some time.
    Yeah, this season has been ... meh. I don't think it's been bad, but it certainly hasn't felt very compelling. I'm still not sure I could name all the remaining players, and there's only 10 left. I think this is likely to end up a very forgettable season, not memorable for being particularly good or bad. I did like last night's saving a vote for next time twist, though.

BG Level

Oh shit! Had no idea the Karate Hottie was on Champs vs Stars.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Final Standings for the Year:

Vil - 875
    Valisk - 660
    Byrd - 590
    Headspace - 540
    Moss - 535
    Xno Kappa - 395

Vil completely ran away with this thing, it wasn't even close.

Final Contestant Standings:
    Spoiler: show
    Camila 360
    Jordan 245
    Nelson 245
    Derrick K 215
    Cara Maria 210
    Tori 200
    Veronica 180
    Hunter 175
    CT 170
    Tony 160
    Shane 150
    Simone 150
    Kailah 145
    Aneesa 140
    Jenna 115
    Britni 110
    Leroy 100
    Cory 95
    Bananas 90
    Nicole 75
    Dario 70
    Jemmye 70
    Ammo 65
    Derrick H 35
    Marie 30
    Devin 15
    Briana 10
    Amanda 0
    Darrell 0
    Latoya 0
    Ashley M -20

I'm going to watch Champs vs. Stars now, and not have to worry about keeping score.

Well, at least MTV managed to follow up Camila's icky feeling victory in Dirty XXX with her humiliating exit in Champs vs. Stars, only about 30 minutes apart. I imagine that was deliberate.

BG Level

With no Camila for the reunion, I guess they felt the need to give Cara Maria double the time? Wonderful. She truly did a fantastic job taking the Bananas position on this season, although without either of those girls I'm sure he'll be back in prime form for CvS.

New system for CvS elimination is an improvement. I'd like to see that elimination game on the main show. If they're not forcing one elimination from each side this season every episode, maybe it's a team final? Floribama Shore people on the next CvS?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Lost all respect for Tori. Fuck that disgusting whore. Hope Camila wins now.
    Wait what did I miss?

And did they seriously announce the standings across TWO separate reunion shows? This is becoming a fucking joke, MTV better be careful before they lose interest in this show. They're already relying on "old" personalities that won't be around much longer to carry the show, they can't afford to fuck with the fans too.

I'd also like to rant against the past few finals for a moment. I understand the desire to maintain suspense right up until the winner reveal, but I don't like it. My ideal final, based on what we've seen in the past, is a long "trail" challenge (going through desert, mountains, etc) with checkpoints sprinkled in. I want the first person to get to the finish line to be the winner. Hearing TJ say a name is not as satisfying as seeing someone reach the summit of a mountain after killing themselves physically (like the fresh meat season that Landon won)

I'm also fine with "timing" segments when they use the time difference to decide when you get to start the last day/leg.

If nothing else they MUST get rid of the cheese endings. Water skiing and sand sliding with FLAMES is embarrassing and pathetic. I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BG Level

Xno's comment was about Tori possibly hooking up with Jordan during the challenge before she broke up with him, especially after they played up how she was on the challenge with her boyfriend for 4 episodes.

The two-part reunion is a bad precedent. I didn't mind the results at the reunion, but having that at the very end... of the second episode was terrible. If Cara Maria won, I would have LOVED to hear her talk for a good 5 minutes about that super neat Challenge-inspired gym she wanted to open. What would they specialize in their training programs there, some of the ridiculous carnival game types?

The final leg of these past two seasons was basically something that they've done on daily challenges multiple times in the past. Adding flame spouts like it's Bowser's Castle makes a neat visual, but still doesn't make it a great final leg. I want some middle ground between this and some mountain climb. By the way they've edited the final leg of the past two seasons (with the individual montages), they are treating it like it's basically ceremonial. What is this, the Champs-Elysees leg of the Tour de France?

The Amazing Race has aired 29 seasons in the US and they have managed perfectly fine with the concept of checkpoints for their final leg. There are plenty of issues with that show, but they don't have a problem with "oh, but what if a team is more than a few minutes behind?" Maybe it leads to misleading editing to make it seem much closer, but I'd rather have that than "ok, let me get my calculator out" to figure out who wins.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    The Amazing Race has aired 29 seasons in the US and they have managed perfectly fine with the concept of checkpoints for their final leg. There are plenty of issues with that show, but they don't have a problem with "oh, but what if a team is more than a few minutes behind?" Maybe it leads to misleading editing to make it seem much closer, but I'd rather have that than "ok, let me get my calculator out" to figure out who wins.
    Yeah lol the only difference is the misleading evidence tricks you into how much time was lost in the different legs. Omg Camila was crying on the cliff! Aaaand that only lost her 30 seconds. Awesome.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk