+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got an e-mail from Moss. He's in. If someone else wants in, they have until tomorrow at noon to pipe up and I will reconfigure the determination order a bit.

There are an even 30 players this year, so that means everyone gets six players, a nicely symmetrical S-draft for a change. If a player gets DQ'ed from the game for reasons that are beyond their control, whoever drafted them can pick up someone else. If it's their fault they get kicked out (or just quit), tough titties, you're down a player. If it's multiple people in the same episode, we'll use waiver order of reverse draft pick.

Alphabetical order for entries:
    Byrd (0)
    Headspace (1)
    Moss (2)
    Valisk (3)
    Xno Kappa (4)

The last couple of times, I have picked NBA scores to determine the random order of the draft. However, it's not NBA season, so that's not an option. After considerable research, I have determined that it is, however, WNBA season! Who knew? Determining the random order of this non-money league fantasy draft will be the most impact the WNBA ever has on most of our lives.

There are two games tomorrow. The first game is at - no shit - noon Eastern on a Tuesday (and you wonder why the WNBA has attendance problems), featuring the Storm and the Mystics, who hail from ....stalls for time ... Seattle and Washington. I think those are two different places, but it's certainly possible the Sonics left Seattle and David Stern left not one, but two WNBA teams behind.

Whatever team wins that game will have their final score divided by 5, and the remainder will determine which of the above people gets first pick. We'll reconfigure in alphabetical order, and the losing team will have their score divided by 4 to determine the lucky winner, then reconfigure.

The "night" game (at 4PM PST) is apparently between called a team called the Los Angeles Sparks and something non-ironically called the Connecticut Sun (I wonder if this is UConn women's basketball team slumming for a little extra cash). Anyway, we'll divide the winning team's score by 3, reconfigure to determine 3rd place, then divide the losing team's score by 2, determining the fourth place person (and, therefore, the fifth place person by default).

Once we get that determined, the first person can start whenever.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That post held my attention longer than any WNBA game ever could.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

If it wouldn't be too much a headache re-configuring, I'd be interested in playing this season.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    If it wouldn't be too much a headache re-configuring, I'd be interested in playing this season.
    Absolutely. We'll up the criteria, and add a fifth decider. All six people get five players each. Reverse waiver order still applies if one of your players is DQ'ed for reasons out of their control.

First choice: Mystic-Storm winner points, divided by 6. Remainder is determined, then reordered.
    Second choice: Mystic-Storm loser points, divided by 5. Remainder is determined, then reordered.
    Third choice: Sparks-Sun winner points, divided by 4. Remainder is determined, then reordered.
    Fourth choice: Sparks-Sun loser points, divided by 3. Remainder is determined, then reordered.
    Fifth choice: total number of strikeouts in Game 2 of the CWS Tuesday night, divided by 2. Remainder is 5th, non-remainder is 6th.

Starting order, to be renumbered, alphabetically, between every round.

Byrd (0)
    Headspace (1)
    Moss (2)
    Valisk (3)
    Vil (4)
    Xno Kappa (5)

Also, Vil, please PM me your e-mail address so I can make sure you get the weekly spreadsheets, which tracks scoring and my free associating thoughts as I watch each episode.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I'll probably end up picking last for like 3rd(?) time in a row for the draft lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One WNBA team possibly from the Emerald City beat another WNBA team possibly from the Emerald City by a score of 100-70.

100/6 = 16, remainder (4) = Vil gets first pick. Reshuffle order, so Byrd (0), Headspace (1), Moss (2), Valisk (3), Xno Kappa (4)
    70/5 = 14, remainder (0) = Byrd gets second pick. Reshuffle order for the night game, so it's Headspace (0), Moss (1), Valisk (2), Xno Kappa (3) for the next game.

BG Level

Damn. Thanks a lot, WNBA team. The scoring system is similar to the old Grantland scoring, right?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Sparks scored 87 points and won last night. 87/4 = 21 R3, so Valisk gets third pick.
    The Sun scored 79 points and lost, 79/3 = 26 R1, so Headspace gets fourth pick, leaving us with Moss (0) and Xno (1) for the fifth pick.
    There were only 7 strikeouts in last night's CWS game, so 7/2 = 6 R1, giving Xno the fifth pick.

Draft order:
    Vil
    Byrd
    Valisk
    Headspace
    Xno Kappa
    Moss

It is an S-draft with 5 rounds, which is a little unfair to the guy with the last pick but whatever, it's random and we're not playing for money. We're also going to institute a time limit for the draft of 36 hours, at least to start with. We should have plenty of time for this one, but let's not take all 36 hours. If you don't pick, you'll just get the next person available in alphabetical order by first name. So Vil has until 9pm Pacific / midnight Eastern tomorrow to make a pick. Or, realistically, until the first time I get online after that, but still. If you're away for the 4th of July holiday (or whatever) for a couple of days, just let us know ahead of time that you won't be able to make a pick until you get back. Not a problem, so long as we know what's going on.

Scoring is under the spoiler below, there are a couple of minor changes. Timing out in final challenges now cost you 5 points, and I'm tired of the Will there be a STSHS show or won't there guessing game, so I'm just eliminating it. The end of the final is the end of the season.

Spoiler: show
    Scoring:

Here's our scoring system. I made a couple of minor changes from last seaspm; those changes are in bold. Also, partial points are definitely a thing.
    Final Results:
    1st: 100
    2nd: 50
    3rd: 25
    4th: 10 (only if participating in the final)
    Timing out on a portion of the final: -5
    Note: You must not quit the final to get points for it.

Competition
    Win a challenge: 10
    Win an elimination: 15
    TJ says "You killed it": 20
    TJ should have said "You killed it" but didn't explicitly say so: 10
    Making TJ disgusted by your performance: -20
    Threatening to throw a challenge: -5
    Following through throwing a challenge (cumulative with threatening): -10
    Trying to throw a challenge but still winning it (cumulative with previous two): -10
    Survive each episode: 5

Coitus:
    Unintentional nudity (blurcles): 5
    Intentional nudity (blurcles): 10
    Kissing: 5
    Coitus: 20 (partial coitus points can be awarded for oral relations)
    Same sex Kissing (flip this to opposite sex if contestant is gay): 10
    Same sex Coitus (flip this to opposite sex if contestant is gay): 40
    Threesome: 50 for each majority gender participant, 75 for minority gender participant
    Pregnant: 100

Confrontation:
    Getting kicked out of the house due to bad behavior: 100
    Getting kicked out of the house because your partner gets kicked out: 10
    Quit/leave the house for any reason other than illness, injury, or extreme personal matter (i.e. Naomi or Diem): -25
    Causing a producer or security to appear on camera for any reason: 5
    Having a producer/security discuss your behavior with you on camera: 15 (cumulative with camera apperance)

Verbal fighting (once per ep): 5
    Physical fighting with another person (once per ep): 15
    Physically fighting or damaging an inanimate object (once per ep): 10
    Female crying: 5 (Must be seen or heard on camera)
    Male crying: 10 (Must be seen or heard on camera)

Miscellaneous Crap:
    Being hauled off in an ambulance: 10
    Attempted cannibalism: 100
    Claiming to be in the best shape of your life: 10
    Mentioning Johnny Bananas' bobblehead: 5
    Puking on camera: 5
    Commissioner's Award: 0-15 points. If something amazing happens that isn't otherwise rewarded, extra points can be awarded at my discretion (i.e. Nia drinking Zach's sweat, Jordan flipping all the cards the year before, bikini 69 cartwheels, etc.)

If there is an aired "Shit They Should Have Shown" show, that will NOT count in scoring. The reunion episode will also not, nor will any secret scenes not aired.

Note: Since I am doing this scoring manually, I will allow trades up until the show that airs immediately before the final. As with other fantasy sports, scoring will not be retroactive, and will only start scoring the week immediately after the trade. No trades on Tuesdays between noon and midnight Pacific time. Players already eliminated are not able to be traded.

Questions? Ask away. Otherwise, take it away, Vil. And make your pick as entertaining as possible. See this thread for examples.

Full cast list with bios can be found here, which is also the list I'll use for auto-drafting in alphabetical order.

Cast in order - I will update this list with drafted players, and post at the top of each new page.
    Amanda
    Ammo
    Aneesa
    Ashley M (Smashley) - drafted #3 overall by Valisk
    Bananas - drafted #2 overall by Byrd
    Britni
    CT - drafted #5 overall by Xno Kappa
    Camila - drafted #1 overall by Vil
    Cara Maria
    Cory - drafted #4 overall by Headspace
    Dario
    [b]Darrell]/b] - drafted #6 overall by Moss
    Derrick H
    Derrick K
    Devin
    Hunter
    Jemmye
    Jenna
    Jordan - drafted #7 overall by Moss
    Kailah - drafted #8 overall by Xno Kappa
    Latoya
    Leroy
    Marie
    Nelson
    Nicole
    Shane
    Simone
    Tony
    Tori
    Veronica

Last season's final point standings for individual contestants:
    Ashley M 365
    Cory 285
    Camila 250
    Nelson 245
    CT 230
    Nicole 220
    Shane 145
    Amanda 135
    Hunter 130
    Jenna 125
    Laurel 125
    Sylvia 100
    Kailah 95
    Darell 90
    Tony 70
    Cara Maria 60
    Bananas 55
    Dario 55
    Ashley K 35
    Zach 20
    LaToya 15
    Anthony 10
    Anika 5
    Marie 0
    Bruno -10
    Theo -15

BG Level

We here at Team Vil (naming rights under negotiation) value diversity.

Diversity of gender, diversity of ethnicity, but most importantly, diversity of scoring. Don't be fooled by a tame showing on Champs vs. Pros. We're starting big and picking someone who could conceivably check off nearly every box on the scoring sheet every week.

Fantasy interests > rooting interests. Come on down and bring that dress.

http://i.imgur.com/2yfM3zD.jpg

CAMILA

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't feel like there is an obvious choice this year. In previous years, there has usually been a girl who dominates the competition, or a guy who is going to run the show, because nobody else is going to step up against him. With the return of several aged vets who are less likely to kowtow to peer pressure, it reduces the likelihood of someone shooting the moon (or "blowing the hog", as a drunk friend of mine called it while playing Hearts). Regardless, I think with the amount of money on the table this year, the pressure's going to be turned up, alliances are going to be more important than ever, and the guy at the center of all those alliances is most likely to get to the end. While he's not the most likely to hook up or otherwise cause screaming drama, he's still the mastermind.

From Penn State University and The Real World: Key West, 'll take the Model of Bobbleheads, Banger of Olympians, the 6-time champion Toastmaster .... Johnny Devenanzio!

No fucking clue with the "E" is all about.

Valisk is up.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Give me Smashley and her new pair of titties.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Give me Smashley and her new pair of titties.
    Using your second and third round picks too, huh? That's a bold strategy. Seriously, though, Playboy needs to do another Girls of Reality TV special, or just Girls of the Challenge, for that matter. That should be in the rotation like Girls of the Pac-12, Girls of the Big 10, etc.

I was torn between her and Bananas, but I think she's going to suffer a setback this year, now that she's going to have to compete with the vets from day one. I don't think they will underestimate her or overlook her the way they did previously. I think she's an early exit. That's not a spoiler, because I don't know any, but that's my prognostication. But she'll be great until she gets sent home. Sort of like Gronk - he's the best player every week when he's actually playing.

Headspace - your 36 hour clock starts now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Well thanks for instilling confidence in me and my pick with that draft analysis, Todd McNay. Jesus.

I second the resurgence of the reality TV Playboy spread.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Well thanks for instilling confidence in me and my pick with that draft analysis, Todd McNay. Jesus.
    She was #2 on my Best Available list. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Her metrics are great, I just don't think she has the drive necessary to put together another 1,500 yard season.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Cory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Cory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True story: my girlfriend has two fish that she refers to as the two coreys, I think they are Corydoras or something. She named them Haim and Feldman. I asked her which one was which, and she responded "No idea, yet. Whichever one dies first is Haim."

Anyway, it is Xno Giveittoya's turn.

BG Level

The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 (and Champs vs. Pros Discussion Thread)

Now much older and wiser he's nowhere near as drama filled as he used to be, but still a competitive beast after two strong back to back showing.

CT

God damn Vil swooped in outta nowhere and took my franchise player.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Darrell - black dad strength >

Jordan - one hand, no problem

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Xno up, then Headspace, then Valisk, then me, then Vil for two.

BG Level

Let's go with Kailah and her piss stained sheets.