Credit for the joke goes to /u/watchguyfromnj

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Better to burn brightly and flame out then fade away unnoticed, I suppose.

Thanks to some theatrics in Redemption House, we have a bit of a shakeup in the standings:

Total PointsActive Players
    Moss1953
    Valisk1803
    Vil 130 5
    Byrd1255
    Headspace1004
    Xno Kappa553

Points by Player:

TOTALTotal to DateTeam OwnerActive?
    Simone150MOSSNO
    Shane140VALISKNO
    Cory40HEADYES
    Tori40VILYES
    Camila35VILYES
    Bananas30BYRDYES
    Derrick K30BYRDYES

Simone and Shane got points for physical fighting (15), verbal fighting (5), production on screen (5), production discussing behavior (15), and -oh yeah- getting kicked out (100). Simone got a bonus 10 points for smashing a champagne bottle. Cory (EDIT: not Tori) continues his manwhoring ways, getting points for kissing Aneesa and partial coitus points for whatever the hell happened on the beach with Camila. Tori keeps winning challenges and kissing her boyfriend.

Thinking maybe we should drop the getting kicked out for bad behavior to 50 pts next year since it's almost always going to be cumulative with a bunch of other stuff, and it shouldn't be worth as much as winning a final.

On the plus side, that's a lot more points that Moss could have reasonably dreamed of getting from the default #30 selection in the draft.
    I think it should be worth more than winning a final because 2-4 people win a final every season. We haven't gotten a person kicked off for fighting since CT hit Adam.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I can't believe Cory admitted, out loud in front of everyone, that he has a "hit list" on all the vets. He named names. Is he stupid? Is he trying to make that target on his back even bigger. It was bad enough for him that the women were gunning for him to teach him a lesson. But now the top dog vets, who have a huge amount of Challenge WINs under their belt, are looking your way??? Cory might have bit off more than he can chew.

Thank goodness for Shane and Simone. I needed that pick-me-up bad after Smashley quit.
    He is an idiot and his ego has inflated to an all time high with 3 of his former flames there. Cory is the tool acting like it "sucks" that his exes are there when you can tell he is fucking loving the attention and thinks it makes him look cool. He has a pea brain.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    I think it should be worth more than winning a final because 2-4 people win a final every season. We haven't gotten a person kicked off for fighting since CT hit Adam.
    Nia was kicked off. Vinny was kicked off. Not for fighting exactly, but inappropriate behavior. More recently, Tony and Camila were kicked off.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

My crew holding their own rather well and are gonna win it for me playing the long ball. And what the fuck is up with these chicks lmao. I'm convinced Cory has a 10" beast or something.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Nia was kicked off. Vinny was kicked off. Not for fighting exactly, but inappropriate behavior. More recently, Tony and Camila were kicked off.
    Split the baby and drop it to 75 next challenge. That's my vote if there is one. Shouldn't get as many points as the overall champ placement, but should definitely get more than 2nd place. It doesn't happen very often and you really have to take it there knowing the consequences.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Honestly we're drafting based on longevity in the season and drama potential. Not if they won the super bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good point.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So this appears to be how eliminations work:

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good episode, although it feels like the eliminations and challenges are getting drawn out unnecessarily at times. With very little house time making air this week, almost all the points are from competitions or immediate reactions resulting from challenges.

Standings:

Valisk 230 3
    Moss 220 3
    Vil 195 4
    Byrd 170 5
    Headspace 160 4
    Xno Kappa 95 3

Top Performers This Week:

Cory 30
    Tori 25
    Britni 20

Top Performers to Date this Season:

Shane 150 VALISK
    Simone 150 MOSS
    Cory 70 HEAD
    Tori 65 VIL
    Aneesa 40 BYRD
    Cara Maria 40 HEAD
    Camila 40 VIL

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Should the neon yellow team have gotten that win? I feel like the ring should be placed in it's spot, not just tough the totem pole. Mine gripe because I wanted to see a 3rd round with the guys again.

Pretty cut and dry episode. The Redemption House needs to hurry and have some isolated events.

BG Level

The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 (and Champs vs. Pros Discussion Thread)

I don't think a 3rd round with the guys would've made much of a difference. Teams were so lopsided it was hilarious. But yeah, would've made for great television.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I don't think a 3rd round with the guys would've made much of a difference. Teams were so lopsided it was hilarious. But yeah, would've made for great television.
    Agreed, but I assume the third round would have been a guy/girl coin flip, and a third round with the girls would have been interesting. Plus, they could have tightened the editing up and removed the 15-20 seconds that they reair after every commercial break. I hate that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sneak Peek:

Good to see actual strategic discussion on this. Always cool to see people's thought processes.

BG Level

Kailah and Ammo coming through for me on this ep. Fuck yeah!

BG Level

Outside of one scene and the elimination (they actually did one!) there were like no points to give this episode. My players got highlighted in about a 30 second span, one when it was the Camilinator line from the video posted above and then Teej giving Leroy some props for the realest pick ever. (Maybe I'm begging for commish points, lol).

Ammo though... I've heard about all that shit that he did on whatever RW show, but they have given him a really really good edit on this show. Well, at least compared to what I expected.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Outside of one scene and the elimination (they actually did one!) there were like no points to give this episode.
    It was a very low scoring week. Other than eliminations, Nelson getting a security lecture was worth points, and I threw Jemmye 5 points for making a dirty (but very smart) move, sending in someone who had saved her ass three epsiodes earlier.

Ammo though... I've heard about all that shit that he did on whatever RW show, but they have given him a really really good edit on this show. Well, at least compared to what I expected.
    Yeah, Ammo has impressed me. Both as a competitor and as a person. He's positive, he's genuinely a nice person, and he's not preachy.

Looks like Redemptioneers come back next week, so there will likely be more points next week. I'll have to figure out points as we go since we don't know how it's going to work.

Low scoring week. No daily challenge, two eliminations, minor points outside of that.

Current standings:
    Team Owner - Total Points - Active Players
    Valisk 265 3
    Moss 240 3
    Vil 215 4
    Byrd 190 4
    Headspace 180 3
    Xno Kappa 140 3

Top Scoring Contestants this season:

TOTAL Total Team Status?
    Shane 150 VALISK HOME
    Simone 150 MOSS HOME
    Cory 75 HEAD GAME
    Tori 70 VIL GAME
    Nelson 55 VALISK GAME

Top Scoring Contestants this week:

Nelson 25
    Ammo 20
    Kailah 20
    Jemmye 10

BG Level

That preview didn't give a real glimpse of how it will work out.

Without seeing if they showed them competing against each other, my guess it would be like Survivor Pearl Islands in some fashion, but The Challenge tends to take things from that franchise and do it better. There's also that scene between Devin and Darrell talking about teaming up or something, so I could see that... or one of them betraying the other.

Next week we're surely not getting a full deal, but I won't complain. Hopefully after people get back or however it works out they willy try to go to the right format of episodes going forward.

I realize that my suggestion is giving points to others and I'd get nothing so far, but should people pulling the Double Cross get 5 points maybe? It's not as much as full immunity from the mission, but it is special. I don't care if that gets shot down, just a suggestion with this format. Maybe it's no good to give free points for dumb luck. idk.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Next week we're surely not getting a full deal, but I won't complain. Hopefully after people get back or however it works out they willy try to go to the right format of episodes going forward.
    The last few seasons, they've had a lot of episodes early in the season that don't really have the daily+elimination in one episode, and I think a large part of that might be trying to deal with a huge cast and get them all at least some air time. If memory serves, once the first few episodes are out of the way, and the cast gets down to a more manageable size, we see more of the standard episode format.

I realize that my suggestion is giving points to others and I'd get nothing so far, but should people pulling the Double Cross get 5 points maybe? It's not as much as full immunity from the mission, but it is special. I don't care if that gets shot down, just a suggestion with this format. Maybe it's no good to give free points for dumb luck. idk.
    I don't particularly care to give people something for what amounts to an entirely random event. I'm happy to give someone points for a no regrets, skillful, drama causing game move (i.e. Jemmye) that the doublecross caused, but not just for blind luck.

BG Level

I feel as if this season might be longer than the standard 11-13 episode format.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast