+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Well, I'm not sure if there is an easy solution. As it is, we're still getting lied to because maybe Camila's freakout was only 30 seconds. Tori struggling at the finish of the climbing didn't seem like much when watching that episode but is the most likely place where she lost enough time to Cara to fall to 3rd. They simply didn't do a very good job at all representing the scale of that task, or any of them besides the smoke house thing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't liked the recent finals either. TJ shouldn't be announcing the winner, they should be crossing a finish line.

If there are 12 events, and after 11 of them, someone has a five minute lead, start them out five minutes earlier than whoever is behind them. It gives the other people a chance to catch up, and actually see them behind. Yes, that might very well result in a blowout. But I'm fine with that - why drag it out another few minutes so TJ can announce it in an anticlimactic fashion?

Announcing the winner at the reunion is even worse. I don't think most viewers care all that much about who actually won, and don't enjoy the finale as much as other episodes. I'm more interested in the first 6 episodes of the show than the last six.

This season was overall pretty good, but the last handful of episodes, including dragging out the winners two weeks after the last episode, left a sour taste in my mouth. Camila winning didn't help, either.

On the plus side, Champs vs Stars seems fun. On Jimmy Fallon last night, Johnny Bananas was pretty good and implied there's some crazy shit that's happening this year. Camila going down in a blaze of anti-glory is a nice start.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just binged the whole season with the Wife. Pacing was so weird. Disgusting that Camila was allowed to continue to compete and also won it and also was invited to compete on CvS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

I'd say it's unbelievable, but it's not even surprising. If you didn't have enough in the 20ish episodes of Dirty 30, they have ANOTHER episode tonight. I guess it is similar to the "shit they should have shown" but who knows, since the channel guide mentions pre show jitters and after parties. It's been a while since they've had one of these, so maybe that's normal?

Whatever. From the previews, the challenge for CvS looks fun as hell? I have no idea what the hell is going on with it. Looks like trampoline basketball at one point, some goofy funhouse obstacle course at another point, and then something that looks like some offshoot of bizarro world American Gladiators thing.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

CvS has been super interesting! TO doing his damndest to revive old CT lmao.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace
    Disgusting that Camila was allowed to continue to compete and also won it and also was invited to compete on CvS.
    I'm not mad they allowed Camila to continue to compete - I'm not really a fan of policing approved speech mid-competition, unless she violated some contractual rules or the safety of her fellow cast mates. I was sure as hell rooting against her, though, and was really bummed she won. I did like notice MTV put her victory and her getting kicked off CvS about 30 minutes apart, as broadcast, making her victory very short lived; I don't think that was deliberate. What I feel like should be done in that situation is allow her to suffer the consequences of her actions in game via her fellow players, and then never invited back.

I *am* very annoyed that MTV brought her back for Champs vs Stars, though, and according to a number of reports/hot rumors on Reddit, they were going to downplay her outburst against Leroy until the cast basically threatened to walk out at an event. During the event as it was aired, Bananas and CT had a couple of confessionals where they didn't look made up or otherwise the same as they did on the show. It's believed those were taped in the week or two leading up to the airing rather than during the taping of the show, and edited in afterwards. That pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I'd say it's unbelievable, but it's not even surprising. If you didn't have enough in the 20ish episodes of Dirty 30, they have ANOTHER episode tonight. I guess it is similar to the "shit they should have shown" but who knows, since the channel guide mentions pre show jitters and after parties. It's been a while since they've had one of these, so maybe that's normal?
    It was a behind the scenes show from the reunion. Cast members had Go Pros before the event, and again at the after party. I wasn't planning on watching it, but it was actually quite a bit more interesting than the Reunion show. I enjoy the periodic behind-the-scenes looks at the show.

Champs vs Stars has been pretty interesting, although it looks like 3 of the 5 Champs women are going to be off the show. Camila is her own fault, but Jenna and Ashley just appear to be suffering from really, really bad luck. It will be interesting to see how production takes that into account.

BG Level

More interesting than the reunion show is a low bar, but I might give it a look this evening.

What a ridiculous challenge that ended up being. I guess maybe it's more like taking a big step for CT, but I was shocked at how he was moving on those posts that I thought it would have taken a decent little jump. Knowing that he seemed totally fine, that fall that Zach took was amazing, but dude was in there so long and only got 1 flag? Did they not replace flags that teammates got? That didn't look like that good a layout for amateurs to be chasing each other through. What a ridiculous advantage the Champs got. Wow.

I'm a little conflicted on this season. On one hand it's nice to see CT finally snap out of it. I like the laid-back CT but I'm glad to see some energy from the guy other than from when the airhorn blows. But bro, Alabama had to play 10 minutes last week 3 on 5. So what if you're down a few girls? It's just teetering too close to the whole Challenge/Real World territory even though I felt they could have used a little more spicing up in CvP other than "oh, my team doesn't like me, boohoo!"

I don't want Wes back on the main show. I want Wes and Romeo to run The Amazing Race.

Emily piping up immediately to nominate herself for MVP made me laugh. They'd agreed to picking a girl since it was their elimination, so you really think that you need to be a self promoter?

Riff Raff is so terrible. I don't know if I'm amused at him being useless or annoyed by his presence.

BG Level

They had a preview for S31 "Vendettas" which begins on Jan 2 (because I guess they can't possibly have a break, even around the holidays).

I don't really care about the other stuff, but this cliffhanger (of course!) elimination is the worst possible one ever, at least this early on.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Season 31: Vendettas

Premieres January 2. Assuming people we'll want to do Fantasy again, we'll start the draft once the official cast list is revealed.

Champs vs Stars is really uninteresting to me at this point. I'll probably stick it out because ... I dunno ... but I don't think a third season will interest me much. It's nice to see TO quitting, proving that he's as much a douchebag at 44 that he was in his playing days.

BG Level

The casting on CvS simply bombed. They put all their eggs in the TO basket and are probably somehow shocked that they had a rotten egg. I've liked Matt so far. Maybe he can have a bromance with Wes if Romeo loses the elimination. The thought of Riff Raff outlasting at least 3 of the 10 guys this season is baffling. Dude seems to want to leave, but half the people don't seem to care if they stay, so it's tough.

I was confused at the season preview (for CvS) when it hinted at something like a purge/bloodbath, but with TO walking that makes a lot more sense how the numbers work.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Challenge Vendettas Cast Picture:
    Spoiler: show

I think I recognize about 2/3 of the cast. I don't recognize:

Dude in back between Cara and Jemmye
    Girl kneeling in front of Nicole Z
    Dude between Devin and Kailah
    Long haired Jesus looking guy next to Kailah
    Girl Kailah is leaning on
    Dude next to the dude in the hoodie next to Leroy (looks familiar; should I know him?)
    Dude in the hoodie next to Leroy
    Girl kneeling in front of the due in the hoodie next to Leroy
    Blonde girl next to Leroy
    Girl in front of Bananas

Short Cast Bios:
    Spoiler: show
    Click on the name for the cast photo.
    Brad Fiorenza – Twitter: @BradFiorenza Original “The Challenge” veteran Brad has his eyes set on another championship after winning “The Challenge: Cutthroat” 11 seasons ago.

Cory Wharton – Twitter: @MTVCoryWharton After a questionable strategy that involved declaring a hit list against the vets at the beginning of “Dirty 30,” Cory created a Vendetta with the most notorious vet in the house, Johnny Bananas. With both of them returning to face each other this season, who will fall first?

Devin Walker – Twitter: @MTVDevinWalker This “Are You The One?” alum has made a name for himself by being consistently witty and always telling it how it is. Devin is the first to admit he’s not the fastest or physically strongest player in the house but instead boasts that his ability to manipulate and politic will lead a path to victory.

Eddie Williams – Twitter: @mr_ewilliams23 After being a part of the first season to unsuccessfully find their perfect match on, “Are You The One?” Eddie is eager to get some money in his pocket. Will Eddie be able to use his charm and stripper background to woo the competition?

Johnny Bananas – Twitter: @MTVBananas The manipulative mastermind Johnny Bananas continues to hold the record for most “The Challenge” wins ever.

Joss Mooney – Twitter: @joss_mooney Joss Mooney, a fitness instructor and model from the UK, joins his rookie season of “The Challenge,” without knowing what he’s about to step into.

Kyle Christie – Twitter: @KyleCGShore Loud and outlandish British personality, Kyle Christie, is prepared to dominate the competition, while also getting with all the ladies in the house.

Leroy Garrett – Twitter: @Bruce_Lee85 If there was one person who is most universally loved in “The Challenge” house, Leroy would be it. Always cracking jokes, Leroy is known to smile and ride coattails to the top.

Nelson Thomas – Twitter: @MTV_NellyT This daffy “Are You The One?” alum is determined to prove that someone from his original show is capable of winning “The Challenge.”

Rogan O’Connor – Twitter: @Rogan_OConner Brit Rogan joins “The Challenge” after being stuck in a house with his exes on “Ex on the Beach.” Rogan is used to getting his way with the ladies, but will his twitter beef with fellow Brit Kyle prove to be his demise? Or will he flex and smile his way to a final?

Shane Landrum – Twitter: @shannanity This “Road Rules” veteran has seen his fair share of competition, and when it comes to “The Challenge,” Shane is not afraid to stir the pot and cause the most drama.

Tony Raines – Twitter: @t_raines33 Eliminated just short of the final on “Dirty 30,” Tony intends to change people’s minds about him and score his first victory. Will there be a new Tony? Or will his Twitter drama with Brad boil over and tear his game apart?

Victor Arroyo – Twitter: @elfitvic Best known for scoring “America’s Favorite Player” during “Big Brother Season 18,” Victor is used to having to get his hands dirty in order to win.

Zach Nicols – Twitter: @ZNichols15 Unfiltered and unafraid, Zach is amped to get a chance at another “The Challenge” championship. Will Zach be able to power through the competition? Or will he be left in the dust with no chance of making it to the top?

Alicia Wright – Instagram: Lavida.Alicia Not only is Alicia entering “The Challenge” house as a rookie, but she is also entering with a strong Vendetta on her back.

Britni Thornton – Twitter: @BritniNicol Eager to shed her reputation as a rookie, Britni blazes into this season firing on all cylinders. Not afraid to flirt with her roommates, Britni has her eyes on one returning vet, but their relationship will make some waves in the game.

Cara Maria Sorbello – Twitter: @CaraMariaMTV With eleven seasons under her belt, Cara Maria is a force to be reckoned with. However, her admirable second place finish on “Dirty 30” meant making some enemies on the way.

Jemmye Carroll –Twitter: @JustJem24 With a loud mouth, big personality, and no “The Challenge” wins under her belt, Jemmye is antsy to get her first victory.

Kailah Casillas – Twitter: @kailah_casillas Certainly no stranger to conflict, Kailah enters the house this season with perhaps more Vendettas than anyone else. Will all the bridges Kailah has burned in her political game create Vendettas too difficult to overcome?

Kam Williams – Twitter: @iamkamiam_ This outspoken “Are You The One?” alum enters her freshman season of “The Challenge” ready to leave her mark and shake things up.

Kayleigh Morris – Twitter: @Kmorrisx Kayleigh may be new to the US audience, but she’s a familiar face in the UK. Will her bullying ways get her in deep trouble early on, or will she be able to make friends and a lasting impression?

Marie Roda – Twitter: @MarieeTBD Behind Marie’s girl-next-door charm is a devious and cunning competitor. Will Marie use her smarts to politic her way to the end of the game, or will heavy-hitting Vendettas eliminate her at their first chance?

Melissa Reeves – Twitter: @DJMelReeves Melissa, a former pageant queen, has a hard time keeping drama out of her life. Will Melissa be able to use her DJ skills to pump up “The Challenge” house up and keep herself in the game? Or will her cheating and devious ways make her an instant target and an early boot?

Natalie Negrotti – Twitter: @NataliaNegrotti Natalie, a former NFL Cheerleader with a background in event coordinating, knows how to entertain and schmooze her way to the top.

Nicole Ramos – Twitter: @NicolexoRamos Don’t let her small stature fool you – Nicole R. is just as feisty and headstrong as any other competitor.

Nicole Zanatta – Twitter: @n_zanattaMTV She may only be in her sophomore season, but Nicole Z. has already made it to a final and established herself as one of the strongest girls in “The Challenge” house.

Sylvia Elsrode – Twitter: @SylviaMTV Both scrappy and sexy, Sylvia has proven she has what it takes to win but has yet to make it to a final.

Veronica Portillo – Twitter: @v_cakes After many years away from the series, the legendary Veronica returned to “Dirty 30” and reminded us all how she earned her reputation as one of the original “bad girls.”

BG Level

lmao. I did not recognize El Fit Vic til seeing the list. Even then I had to totally block out that mass of hair. What the fuck? Bad enough that regulars can have drastically different looks if they take a season off (or even if they don't).

But seriously, I think I recognized 40% of them with no list to match up with.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wonder if Shane Landrum regrets his Twitter handle. Or if he enjoys the occasional confusion with Sean Hannity. Or if I'm the only one who sees it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Champs vs. Stars continues to meh. Tori's on the show ... for three episodes or so. I'm assuming there's an episode on Dec 19th, another one on the 26th, and maybe the finale will be a lead in to the Vendettas premiere on Jan 2? So there's a max of three episodes left.

The first Champs vs. Pros was kind of fun, but this one has stunk. I hope they don't try another.

I've only heard back from Moss on who is in for Vendettas Fantasy? Anyone else? Would like to get that started in the next few days.

BG Level

CvS is an absolute trainwreck. I guess if you are a fan of Riff Raff's antics, this season may be good? If not, this is pretty freaking terrible. Everyone else, it feels impossible to care about basically anybody unless you were already a fan of them before.

4 challenges and all total blowouts. 7 people gone from the show, only 3 from losing an elimination. If this didn't have the Challenge name attached to it, I could see this being a show where they might consider not even airing.

I'd be up for Vendettas fantasy. I think your email got buried last week, but I just got to that.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I'm in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Need feedback from Valisk and Headspace, I believe.

Everyone else is in. 28 people. If we have 6 players, we'll have 4 players each and 4 free agents after the draft. 5 players will give us five players each with three leftover, and four players will give us seven players each with no free agents.

EDIT: Just heard from Headspace, he is in.

Valisk?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sorry, haven’t been checking the thread. Yea, I’m in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All right, we've got everyone. Valisk, you might want to PM me a current e-mail address, because you should have been getting e-mails in addition to this thread. Plus, you're missing out on weekly scoring updates, if you care.

I'm going to start another thread.