+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Fair point about the double cross.

Invasion was 15+ reunion. This should at least match that number. 20 people in the house now before redemption. 20 were in the Oasis at the end of episode 5.

Personally, I'm fine with it and would be ok with something around 16+ reunion. Maybe I'll change my tune in about a month, but this has been a great start to the season. It does kind of feel like this is a pre-season just because they've gone relatively slow and there are so many people remaining, but they've done well with this. By the way, has Jordan even said a word on this season? During the episode when they suddenly showing Marie getting involved, I pulled up the cast list to see if there were any more people that I totally forgot were on the show.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I remember hearing the name, but that Britni chick came out of nowhere last night lol. I think that was probably her first confessional(?)/camera time this season.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Invasion was 15+ reunion. This should at least match that number. 20 people in the house now before redemption. 20 were in the Oasis at the end of episode 5.
    Rumor on Reddit is 18 episodes. Not sure if that includes reunion or not.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I find it dumb that they have taken so long to explain the redemption house and dumber that people eliminated first are the on the same footing as people just eliminated.

They did it right on the exes season when bananas and nany had to beat every other team to make it back since they were eliminated first

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Agreed about the Redemption House. I really liked the last format where they had separate eliminations for them to earn their spots on a weekly basis. We'll see how it shakes out though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Agreed about the Redemption House. I really liked the last format where they had separate eliminations for them to earn their spots on a weekly basis. We'll see how it shakes out though.
    Agreed. I'm hoping it's not something as simple as just coming back into the game scott free. Some sort of competition amongst the Redemptioneers, or competition against the losers of the next Daily, or something.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying this season so far. I hope it continues to be entertaining. After three back-to-back sub par seasons (although it's been all uphill since Bloodlines, at least), it would be nice to have something quality in the win column, if you will.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Agreed. I'm hoping it's not something as simple as just coming back into the game scott free. Some sort of competition amongst the Redemptioneers, or competition against the losers of the next Daily, or something.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying this season so far. I hope it continues to be entertaining. After three back-to-back sub par seasons (although it's been all uphill since Bloodlines, at least), it would be nice to have something quality in the win column, if you will.
    Generally good competitions this season, my main complaint is some of it is overproduced (ex. Slow motion shot of torch falling onto sand). They've always done that to some extent but it feels egregious this season. Another example is the shot when they first got to the house that starts at Cory's face and zooms out into a birds eye view of their house. It makes it feel like some trash MTV show as opposed to a trash MTV reality show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sneak Peek for tonight's episode:

Interesting to see Tony's reaction to Shane getting sent home.

BG Level

lmao @ the editing/production and the music.

Spoiler: show
    Ave Maria when Tony was talking about his kids, etc. I would have bet was going to be them making a joke about him losing, but nope! Wow.

Banned.

BG Level

nope

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    lmao @ the editing/production and the music. Ave Maria when Tony was talking about his kids, etc.
    I thought that was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake from State Farm
    Detectorall Co., Ltd. produces metal detectors and security devices with excellent quality and favorable price.
    Good to know, man. What are you wearing?

I am really annoyed they took up basically this entire episode with the redemption elimination. Give us *something* else.
    I scored the winners of the Redemption Competition as Elimination Winners, and they're back getting episode survival points.

Scores for the Week:

Team Owner - Total Points - Active Players
    Valisk - 280 - 3
    Moss - 255 - 3
    Vil - 245 - 4
    Byrd - 230 - 5
    Headspace - 210 - 4
    Xno Kappa - 160 - 3

The only Non-ES points Scorers this Episode:
    Jenna - 20 (winning + ES)
    Tony - 20 (winning + ES)
    Kailah - 10 (crying + ES)
    Tori - 10 (kissing + ES)

Scorers This Season:
    Shane 150 VALISK HOME
    Simone 150 MOSS HOME
    Cory 80 HEAD GAME
    Tori 80 VIL GAME
    Nelson 60 VALISK GAME
    Kailah 55 XNO GAME

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I liked the elimination, but like Byrd said, I wish there was more to the episode.

For a second there, I thought Jenna was going to get DQ'd for kicking like that. The way the cast was celebrating coupled with the editing, I thought something out of left field was about to happen. What's stopping someone from throwing punches or choking someone out? Guess they'll cross those bridges if they get there.

Sad to see Darrell go, but said he is looking forward to the next Challenge, so he'll be back gunning for Cory's headtop.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 (and Champs vs. Pros Discussion Thread)

Sucks I lost two of my players in one episode. Especially two players who could've garnered huge points for me if it wasn't for that bullshit purge. I think it should've been two guys and two girls coming back, and that was probably the plan before Shane and Simone were kicked off the show.

I too also wished Darrell would've made it back. Cory was shitting bricks during the challenge lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I too also wished Darrell would've made it back.
    I was rooting for Darrell as well, although the season previews showed Tony making out with Camilla, so I kind of knew what was going to happen. Sigh. With regards to the women, I was half-rooting for Amanda to beat Jenna (even though I don't like Amanda and Jenna's on my team) just to piss Camilla off. Her behavior after Amanda fell was so juvenile; I don't know that I've ever had a contestant I really like go to one of my most disliked contestants the way Camilla has. It has taken a few seasons to get this way, but she's completely lost me as a fan.

"You either retire a hero or return long enough to become the villain."

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good episode. Challenge, house drama, elimination, post elimination drama.

I thought everyone was being too sensitive after the Down syndrome line, but Jordan has to know when to fold em after seeing everyone's reaction to his freestyle insult.

Speaking of fold em, Ammo getting Bret Hart Suplexed by Jordan was awesome! Jordan looked like a seasoned wrestler out there while Ammo was just getting lucky.

Side note: There was some bad editing in the elimination. Later in the round, I kept seeing clips of the players with more patches than they had remaining. At first I was like wait, did they put the patches back on and you can rip the same one off multiple times? But then I realized it was a bad edit job and they neded filler for that particular round.

I enjoyed the whole thing. Hope Ammo is ok. Good points for Xno.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ammo did not get episode survival bonus, but he did get 5 points for causing production to appear on camera, and could get another 10 points for getting an ambulance extraction next episode, if needed.

I ended up liking Ammo, and wouldn't mind seeing him come back. I'm sure he's probably fine, just exhausted, otherwise we probably would have heard more about it since then.

Scoring:

Standings after Week 6:

Column1 Total Points Active Players
    Valisk 305 3
    Moss 300 3
    Vil 275 4
    Byrd 265 5
    Headspace 240 4
    Xno Kappa 185 2

Top scorers for the year:

Shane 150 VALISK HOME
    Simone 150 MOSS HOME
    Cory 85 HEAD GAME
    Tori 85 VIL GAME
    Nelson 75 VALISK GAME
    Aneesa 65 BYRD GAME
    Cara Maria 65 HEAD GAME
    Jordan 65 MOSS GAME

Top scorers for the week:
    Jordan 30
    Nelson 15
    Aneesa 15
    Cara Maria 15
    CT 15
    Veronica 15
    Jemmye 10

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think Aneesa should get 5 commish points for MTV naming the episode after her "YAAAASSS Booty" comment, lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like Vil and I are getting some same sex coitus points this week...

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We all win if that's the case.

BG Level

Oh shit. Get it, girl! Seeing those quick flashbacks to the intros and stuff from that old season cracks me up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast