Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Metroid Prime 4 (NSW)

Not being Developed by Retro
    A new game in the critically-acclaimed Metroid Prime series is currently in development for the Nintendo Switch system. “Metroid Prime 4 (Working Title) returns to the first-person adventure roots of the original Metroid Prime game and introduces a new storyline that ties together the events of the Metroid Prime universe and takes the storyline in new directions,” according to series producer Kensuke Tanaba. Tanabe is leading the project together with a talented new development team, and they are hard at work bringing the action, isolation, and exploration of the Metroid Prime universe to life on Nintendo Switch.

Features

• Metroid Prime 4 (Working Title) returns to the first-person adventure roots of the original Metroid Prime game and introduces a new storyline that ties together the events of the Metroid Prime universe and takes the storyline in new directions.
    • The Project is being led by series producer Kensuke Tanaba and a talented new development team. Together, they are hard at work bringing the action, isolation, and exploration of the Metroid Prime universe to life on Nintendo Switch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The first game was the best, imo, so that's definitely good news.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I hope they wont go the "daddy issues" route with Samus again.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I hope they wont go the "daddy issues" route with Samus again.
    Stop making shit up. When did Samus have daddy issues? I have no idea what you're talking about!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The first game was the best, imo, so that's definitely good news.
    Prime 1 had the best environments for sure, but I liked some of the equipment in Prime 3 better. The Annihilator Beam was really freaking cool.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Best environments and gameplay. To me, Metroid's supposed to have a feeling of isolation and exploration and the second and third game didn't pull that off as successfully as the first.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Fair. I actually kind of appreciated the increase in characters in MP3. MP2 was the weakest of the trilogy to me, mostly because I just didn't like the Dark/Light beam ammo system very much. A lot of the areas also felt really same-y.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Stop making shit up. When did Samus have daddy issues? I have no idea what you're talking about!
    Other M?
    Unless youre implying that game was so shitty it never existed, then my bad.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Rumor: Bandai Namco Singapore
    Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Bandai Namco Singapore
    Spoiler: show

Should also be noted that the dev team working on this is the same former LucasArts dev team that developed Star Wars 1313.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bamco Singapore shitcanned. Now being developed by Retro and starting over.

I'm willing to bet that we should now see a Prime Trilogy Switch release or letting Mercury Steam work on a new 2D title for the Switch to cover the interim. Wondering how ruffled Bamco must be at this, or if the product was really that bad that Bamco just didn't press the issue.

It also explains Retro's silence for so long, as this process probably started mid to late 2018 in bringing Retro on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which is weird because there were rumors of that star fox racing game

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm so glad. I was way too worried the game wasn't going to be good out of the hands of Retro and they just confirmed that it wouldn't have been. Sucks that it's gonna be a while but ultimately I think it'll be worth the wait over what was going to be.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It's a bummer, but I'll take the delay to ensure it is a great game.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Unfortunate in terms of "now we have to wait longer", but I have no doubt it'll be a good game with Retro making it now.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I'm willing to bet that we should now see a Prime Trilogy Switch release
    I kind of hope so, I've never actually played a Prime game so would be cool to see if its a series I would like.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

How are we friends again?

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Because of Myr?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    How are we friends again?
    I skipped Gamecube and Wii generation <,<

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Bamco Singapore shitcanned. Now being developed by Retro and starting over.

I'm willing to bet that we should now see a Prime Trilogy Switch release or letting Mercury Steam work on a new 2D title for the Switch to cover the interim. Wondering how ruffled Bamco must be at this, or if the product was really that bad that Bamco just didn't press the issue.

It also explains Retro's silence for so long, as this process probably started mid to late 2018 in bringing Retro on.
    Press Release
    I am Shinya Takahashi, and I’m responsible for development at Nintendo. Thank you so much for playing Nintendo games. I wanted to speak with you today to give you an update on Metroid Prime 4, the newest title in the Metroid Prime series.

We deeply understand the high anticipation that Metroid Prime series fans have for this title. We have felt it especially from the passionate words from fans we heard when we first announced this title at E3 the year before last.

Ever since the announcement, we have not been able to give you an update, but as a result of the continuing development since that time, we must let you know that the current development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series.

Nintendo always strives for the highest quality in our games; and in the development phase, we challenge ourselves and confront whether the game is living up to that quality on a daily basis. If we’re not satisfied with the quality, we aren’t able to deliver it to our customers with confidence and the game will not live up to our fans’ expectations.

From this perspective, we have determined that the current development status of the game is very challenged, and we had to make a difficult decision as a development team. We have decided to reexamine the development structure itself and change it. Specifically, we have decided to have the producer, Kensuke Tanabe, work in trust and collaboration with the studio that developed the original Metroid Prime series, Retro Studios in the United States, and restart development from the beginning.

By collaborating and developing with Retro Studios, we believe we can make this game something that will meet our fans’ expectations. We did not make this decision lightly. This change will essentially mean restarting development from the beginning, so the completion of the game will be delayed from our initial internal plan.

We strongly recognize that this delay will come as a disappointment to the many fans who have been looking forward to the launch of Metroid Prime 4. I’d like to extend my deepest, heart-felt apologies to everyone that the launch will be delayed. It will be a long road until the next time we will be able to update you on the development progress, and development will be extensive. However, we will continue developing the game so that when it is completed, it will stand shoulder to shoulder with the past Metroid Prime series titles.

On behalf of Nintendo and Retro Studios, I sincerely appreciate your understanding.

Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast