+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Hope you nintendrones all look forward to shelling out a 100+ dollars for the metroid amiibo on Ebay if you want Fusion mode. Pretty big balls on Nintendo to pull this shit with a beloved franchise that hasn't had a legit game in a decade.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Just don't play it on the hardest mode? Your epeen will be just fine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Or create the NFC cards yourself and give Nintendo the middle finger.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Pretty much.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The game's hardest difficulty is locked behind a $30 amiibo purchase (Samus 2-pack). There is a less harder difficulty that can be unlocked through normal play.

Yay for NFC cards. Amiibo are getting silly. It's cool if you like to collect your favorite characters' merchandise, but it's silly when it's locking up parts of the game. Expensive as hell too, putting some purchases well over $80 if you wanted "everything." Forced rarity and resellers go without mention..

NFC cards are like $8 for quite a few cards.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The video also mentions that some of Fire Emblem Warriors' dungeons are locked behind amiibo access. Not too much press on that one, though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

wait so the full game is actually what, $60-70? before factoring in resale prices, since the amiibo will probably be super limited and sell out. yep, fuck that shit, hard pass on this game. shame, i was actually kind of hyped for this but i guess i'll just finish AM2R when i have the time to spare instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Where can I buy NFC tags?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

These? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f2985133d0a6e3

Have to be type 215 for Amiibo purposes if you intend to shop around.

Someone over at Reddit made custom print Amiibo cards using those it seems, pretty cool.
    http://imgur.com/a/8k2Fj

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Reactions I've seen to this news has been that people want to support the game, but not the amiibo bs.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Don't care much for the Amiibo functionality, but just want them because Metroid is finally getting some love outside of the Smash Bros line. Sucks that they'll be a bitch to find. I know I'll be hitting quite a few stores that morning hoping to find them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll pay for the game but I'm absolutely making a fake for the amiibo.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Agreed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Overview, Brutal Difficulty "Fusion Mode" confirmed to be only accessible via Amiibo
    Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission? Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1991 Game Boy adventure. Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await. This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Features

• This intense, side-scrolling action platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette.

• Classic Metroid II: Return of Samus gameplay is joined by a wealth of new content, including a set of brand new abilities that utilizes a mysterious energy resource called “Aeion,” a powerful melee counterattack, and 360-degree Free Aim Mode.

• There are plenty of secrets to find—and if you uncover enough of them, you may even star to unravel the mystery of Planet SR388’s past.

• Two new amiibo figures—Samus Aran and Metroid—will be released a set alongside the game. This game is also compatible with the Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series. Functionality details will be revealed at a later date.

• While supplies last, fans will be able to purchase a special edition of the game, which includes a physical copy of the game, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, and a reversible title-sheet insert for the game case.
    Fusion Mode confirmation @ 3:49 - https://youtu.be/bnhovf_uBjI?t=230

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Game's out!

Been playing for a while and I already dislike a few things about it, but it's overall not a bad game and I'm enjoying it. Counter system is a tad obnoxious. Wall jump physics are triggering me, and I don't like the free aim as much as I liked the L/R aiming from the older games, but alas.

Been wanting a new Metroid for a while and this looks to be a good entry, despite some quirks. Of the aforementioned, the counter system is the worst. I don't feel like it has a place in Metroid, but maybe it'll grow on me as I go.

edit: Not sure if intentional yet, but bomb jumps feel broken as fuck. I can get infinite height and that just seems weird. Skipping around to any door that's out of reach, and any powerup.. Great for speedrunning, tech will be pretty good. I skipped the spider ball and was able to fight the Metroid in the room because of bomb jumps hah.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    edit: Not sure if intentional yet, but bomb jumps feel broken as fuck. I can get infinite height and that just seems weird. Skipping around to any door that's out of reach, and any powerup.. Great for speedrunning, tech will be pretty good. I skipped the spider ball and was able to fight the Metroid in the room because of bomb jumps hah.
    Using Bomb jumps to sequence break has been a staple of Metroid games for as long as I can remember. Glad they kept it in.

20 years of using computers has fucked up my wrists bad. I can't play this game for more than an hour or so before my left wrist starts to hurt. I blame the free aim.

I agree with Nep that the counter system can be a bit obnoxious. Some enemies take a million hits (at least before you get weapon upgrades) or they die in 1 shot with a counter.

The metroids are pretty well designed, and are a lot more interesting than the original GB version which should go without saying. I haven't gotten to the Omega Metroid yet, though.

I kind of hate to say it, but I think I enjoyed AM2R better unfortunately. The game is still great, and I'm glad they finally gave Metroid some love again.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Derp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sunk a few hours into the game after my copy arrived late.

It is pretty faithful to the original, with the good portions of Other M mechanics thrown in to make it different. There are certainly locations that I remember pretty vividly from the GB version after not playing the game for 15 years, and the game as a whole holds up.

Spoiler: show
    Since I had the ending accidentally spoiled for me:

It's pretty obvious that they added some of these ending aspects (Proteus Ridley and the X parasite) to not only bridge the gap between Prime and Fusion canon, but in preparation for Prime 4. Almost makes me wonder if we're going to see the SA-X or the X parasite in Prime 4.

I do wish Proteus Ridley was a touch smaller. I think Ridley does deserve to be in Smash and this would be a good opportunity for them to introduce it whenever it comes to Switch.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really hate circle pad being mandatory in this game with no d-pad control option. I also question why it wasn't also a multi-platform release for the Switch, unless they're saving that for an "HD" re-release down the road once sales dry up.