Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So Michel Therrien get fired twice and replaced twice by Claude Julien as head coach of the Canadiens and now his new job is as a scout for... the Montreal Canadiens.

Wut?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

He wasnt "hired" as a scout. He's getting paid until 2019 one way or another, they're just making him earn his money. Its not the first time a fired coach was given a different dept in a sports organization.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Marc Bergevin has all but ruled out that Alex Galchenyuk will play centre at any point. Says he's seen enough to know it won't work.

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/statu...37116622536704

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    He wasnt "hired" as a scout. He's getting paid until 2019 one way or another, they're just making him earn his money. Its not the first time a fired coach was given a different dept in a sports organization.
    The stuff I read, it seemed like he asked to do it himself because he wants to stay involved in hockey and not just sit around doing nothing until a team comes calling.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I read that today as well.

Get paid to watch hockey, travel on Molsons dollar, and eat for free when traveling. Why not?

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

But he's doing that part time

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Marc Bergevin has all but ruled out that Alex Galchenyuk will play centre at any point. Says he's seen enough to know it won't work.

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/statu...37116622536704
    Dunno how he could see enough given that Galchenyuk has basically never played Center for the team. But obviously the guy who's never played Center (Drouin) will do a better job than Galch right?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My BG hockey brothers. Welcome back from summer vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Dunno how he could see enough given that Galchenyuk has basically never played Center for the team. But obviously the guy who's never played Center (Drouin) will do a better job than Galch right?
    Drouin is from Quebec. Their dream of a Quebecois #1C is about to be fulfilled.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Seattle investment group and the mayor have a tentative deal in place for a new hockey arena in the city. With the aim to have an NHL franchise there. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hi. I'm back. Missed you guys

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

When are we starting the fantasy league back up?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    When are we starting the fantasy league back up?
    In

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    In
    Out

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So... the Seattle mayor just resigned because of his 5th child sex-abuse allegation...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...se-allegation/

Seems like a Seattle arena is always 2 steps forward, 1 step back. The deal was submitted to city council so we'll have to see how the mayor's resignation will affect all this.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    So... the Seattle mayor just resigned because of his 5th child sex-abuse allegation...

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...se-allegation/

Seems like a Seattle arena is always 2 steps forward, 1 step back. The deal was submitted to city council so we'll have to see how the mayor's resignation will affect all this.
    No way man. This guy has been pushing to upgrade key arena. With him gone, they may proceed with the trifecta and build near the hawks and mariners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This Calgary new arena nonsense is fucking irritating as all hell. Nenshi is willing to cooperate. The city's only caveat is that so long as tax-payers pay, they should be paid back and the money invested should directly benefit the taxpayers who are paying. But the Flames brass are just like "lol fuck no". And now they have Gary fucking Bettman talking about of his ass about how this is such a disappointing and inevitable situation. Despite fighting for YEARS to keep the constantly financially struggling and constantly bouncing around from arena to arena Coyotes in fucking Arizona. But hey, the Flames, who are doing just fine financially, have a very solid base, have billionaire owners, one of whom left Canada and is living in England to avoid paying taxes, aren't worth fighting for to keep in Canada.

It's a pathetic ploy to try and manipulate the municipal election Calgary is scheduled to have in just over a month so that the CS&E company can get a puppet mayor in place that'll cave to their every whim and fancy despite public opinion saying they want otherwise.

At this point I'm so fucking frustrated by the situation. I had even booked some time off work to go see the Flames this year but god, I don't even feel like bothering anymore. If CS&E are gonna act like children and 'take their ball and go home' crying, threatening to move the team and just goddamn do it already. For fucks sake.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The difference between the Flames and the Coyotes is that the Flames are a good team they could relocate to the US and potentially make more money off of. I'm sure if MLSE said "fuck this, we're moving the Leafs to Arkansas" the league would cream themselves. They want strong teams in American markets, end of story.

Edit: And lol at that Seattle mayor thing.

Edit: And I'm down for Fantasy again.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are you kidding? The Leafs are one of the most profitable teams in the league. Them moving to Arkansas (or practically anywhere in the US) would never happen because they would instantly lose a huge fanbase and an incredible amount of money. Strong team or not, they want profits above all and the Leafs are one of the most profitable.

Flames aren't as profitable obviously. But depending where they could potentially go, they'd look to be at a loss financially as well. Being a good team would make a difference, but having a deep and established fanbase and franchise in a particular location, versus moving to a city that's a total gamble as far as how committed the fanbase is concerned is going to lean towards staying put. And as far as the NHL goes, it's pretty obvious that regardless where you go, if you move to the US your hockey franchise will come after Football and Basketball and Baseball as far as fan priority is concerned.

You know for a fact that Seattle would happily take an NBA team over an NHL team first.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Tickets and merch are a fraction of what the broadcasting deals pull in for the league. Good teams create fans.

I'm not even arguing that it's a smart financial move. I'm mystified by decisions the league makes every day. I'm just pointing out that their prerogative is definitely "American markets first."