• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    This is also a possibility! Also, this year I'm seriously thinking of traveling for a game and California is on the list!
    I wouldn't mind meeting up for a game. It would take me a bit to drive across town to Anaheim but whatever. Like Downtown is about halfway for me. That's what PTO days are for.

Lemme know what game your going to go to and I'll be there. And yeah I might even be crazy enough to go to a kings game in my ducks jersey.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Dear goodness the arena in China. https://twitter.com/lakingsinsider/s...88116949172224

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    18 minor penalties in the Cgy vs Edm game in Edmonton alone lol. The one in Calgary has over 10 as well at least
    There were a bunch in the Habs/Bruins game as well, and it wasnt chippy or anything. If the refs would enforce it through all 82 games and remain consistent, I wouldnt mind. The players will eventually figure out what they can and cant do, and go from there. But lets be honest, we both know thats bullshit, and by December the refs will start letting things go, and by April you can cross check someone in the face or slash someones finger tip off and have it called "a good strong hockey play".

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Wsh-NYJ was a penalty fest too. A lot of that new face off penalty

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Leafs-Sens had a ton of penalties but most of them were on the Leafs, and a lot of them were the new face-off rule which I still don't even really understand.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Roman Josi named Perds captain, Forsberg is an Alternate

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    There were a bunch in the Habs/Bruins game as well, and it wasnt chippy or anything. If the refs would enforce it through all 82 games and remain consistent, I wouldnt mind. The players will eventually figure out what they can and cant do, and go from there. But lets be honest, we both know thats bullshit, and by December the refs will start letting things go, and by April you can cross check someone in the face or slash someones finger tip off and have it called "a good strong hockey play".
    Pretty much. And of course playoff hockey where more or less everything is let go.

I could see the face-off penalty sticking around purely because it's more of a ref's discretion sort of call and I can easily see the refs being all for having more power like that.

BG Level

#NJDevils re Brian Boyle. From team Dr. Michael Farber: Boyle diagnosed with CML. A type of cancer of the bone marrow. Largely treatable.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

At least to start the year, Trotz is having Oshie+Backstrom on 1 line, and Kuzy+Ovi on another

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    #NJDevils re Brian Boyle. From team Dr. Michael Farber: Boyle diagnosed with CML. A type of cancer of the bone marrow. Largely treatable.
    From the reports I saw it was caught really early. Hopefully he has a full and quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    At least to start the year, Trotz is having Oshie+Backstrom on 1 line, and Kuzy+Ovi on another
    In semi-related news, Trotz dropped a ton of weight this off season

Spoiler: show

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

According to TSN's "expert analysts", Connor Brown is the best fourth liner in the NHL because he scored 20 goals.

Connor Brown, assisted by Morgan Rielly and Nazem Kadri
    Connor Brown, assisted by Leo Komarov
    Connor Brown, assisted by Auston Matthews and Zach Hyman
    Connor Brown, assisted by William Nylander and Jake Gardiner
    Connor Brown, assisted by Zach Hyman and Auston Matthews
    Connor Brown, assisted by Auston Matthews and Jake Gardiner
    Connor Brown, assisted by Auston Matthews
    Connor Brown, assisted by Zach Hyman and Auston Matthews
    Connor Brown, assisted by James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Bozak
    Connor Brown, assisted by James van Riemsdyk and Jake Gardiner
    Connor Brown, assisted by Tyler Bozak and Jake Gardiner
    Connor Brown, assisted by Leo Komarov and William Nylander
    Connor Brown, assisted by Leo Komarov and Nazem Kadri
    Connor Brown, assisted by Nazem Kadri and Jake Gardiner
    Connor Brown, assisted by Jake Gardiner and Matt Hunwick

None of those people assisting his goals are bottom 6 talent, 5 of those goals were assisted by a generational talent! I doubt he breaks 8 goals playing 9-10 minutes a night with Matt Martin and Dominic Moore.

Habs top 6 wingers will most likely be Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Gallagher. Which means our bottom 6 wingers will likely be Andrew Shaw (20 goal scorer), Ales Hemsky (20 goal scorer a long time ago, I think he could do atleast 15 if he stays healthy), Charles Hudon (he's posting a 0.66 P/GP through 6 NHL games, he scored 27 goals in 56 AHL games last year, he's looked poised to stick around with the NHL club), Paul Byron (just removed from a 22 goal season). Even if they want to bump Hemsky to the top line, as hes been practicing with Drouin and Pacioretty so far, that means that either Galchenyuk (2 20 goal seasons and a pro-rated 22 goal 2017 campaign), Lehkonen (18 in 73 GP in his rookie year) or Gallagher (1 20+ goal season, a pro-rated to 20+ season, and is bound to rebound after posting career lows after another hand injury last season) will be in the bottom 6 as well.

For the first time in forever, I'm not worried about the firepower my team will have. But that defense...thank god we have Price.

But TSN forgets theres a hockey club east of Ontario. I'd go so far as to say that they forget there are other hockey teams outside of Toronto.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

To be fair, Connor Brown really only played on the 4th line because where else could he play? The Leafs were stacked at forward *before* we signed Marleau. He had a very underrated season because three of the other rookies on the team were Matthews, Marner and Nylander.

But yes, keep telling yourself the Habs won't have scoring trouble with no Centers and no defensemen who can carry the puck.

Also, TSN doesn't write books about the Habs because they own RDS, who does write about them.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Roman Josi named Perds captain, Forsberg is an Alternate
    Yeah baby

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    no Centers and no defensemen who can carry the puck.
    Galchenyuk was 8th in the league in P/60 before injuring his knee and getting rushed back (6-8 week injury and he was back in 5 weeks, then re-aggravated it 3 games later) when he was playing as #1C.
    Also, you're acting like Drouin is some kind of slouch. I dont know how his game will translate to C, and I really do hope he succeeds, but the idiot habs management already sharpied his name in that spot the same way they did with Desharnais a couple years back. Atleast Drouin has 100x the skill Desharnais has.
    Danault pole vaulted from #4W to #1C last season. He was probably a bit overmatched at #1C, as his production dipped, but he was solid defensively, and as a #2C role, I think he will excel.
    Plekanec should have a rebound season. Even if he doesnt, his defensive game is still top notch, and can be used in a defensive role.

If our middle line was Drouin, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Mitchell, you wouldnt say "we have no centers". Unfortunately, Habs mgmt is utterly convinced Galchenyuk isnt a C, which is a damn shame.

That lack of PMD comment upsets me though I mean, we have Petry, and thats it. They shipped out Beaulieu, they let Markov walk. Schlemko isnt a PMD, Alzner isnt a PMD, Streit isnt a PMD. Davidson might be able to handle PMD duties as well as Jerabek, but coming from the KHL he's a complete wildcard.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Caps-Habs tonight. Dunno if gamecenter lets me stream preseason or not

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't know what's worse. The fact that someone is claiming that Connor Brown is the best 4th liner or the fact that you spent that much time looking up the info to construct the argument to dispute it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...2/scoring/2017

Or do you actually think I went through all 82 leafs games to get that information?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Heard on radio there is some shady shit with Joffrey Lupil. leafs have some dirt. What is the rumour leaf nation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Alexander Steen out for the rest of the preseason.

Also, fantasy?!