• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I think the league has learned -very slowly- that you need to let the new team be not shit-tier right off the bat or the team is just fucked. See: Arizona, Atlanta, probably Florida and for a long while the Sharks.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I think the league has learned -very slowly- that you need to let the new team be not shit-tier right off the bat or the team is just fucked. See: Arizona, Atlanta, probably Florida and for a long while the Sharks.
    Florida made the Stanley cup finals its third season

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    And Arizona wasn't an expansion team but relocated franchise

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Golden Knights jerseys:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Aways look better. Don't like the random red stripe on the sleeves

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The Aways look better but they remind me too much of the Senators colors, especially the Sens' third jerseys.

Went to set the dvr to record the nhl awards for tomorrow only to find out it's at 9pm pst. Find that kinda odd it would be that late unless that's just a replay. About the new jerseies. Is it me or are the necklines higher on these new ones versus the old ones?

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Jerseys don't look that bad to me. It's just too bad they had to give them a dumb name. Las Vegas Aces sounds so much cooler and you could have had a jersey with like a black Ace of Spades in the center. I'll never understand why they didn't go for something the city is known for.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Maybe it's due to the internet and easier access to information, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say Vegas has gotten the best expansion deal of any team in the last 30 years.
    To add to everyone's comments, the NHL took deliberate steps to try and help Vegas become a competitive franchise as soon as possible.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I can't find the home versions online, but the away jerseys for the Flames really aren't all that different thankfully. Spoilered for you small monitored people.

Spoiler: show
    New:

Old:

I'd say it's a safe bet that the Home Jerseys are more or less in line with these. And I don't mind them at all. I dunno if it's because of the stand they're displayed on but I really like the new cut and the new collar

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It is 5am on the east coast and Bob Mackenzie is awake and hustling info on twitter. This gem caught my eye immediately

Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago
    Replying to @TSNBobMcKenzie
    There now may be a total of at least a dozen trades, if not more, in the hopper for VGK. Let's discuss those we know or think we know.

Today is going to be amazing. The expansion draft starts at 5pmPST/8pmEST for those who didn't know. NBC and probably Sportsnet in Canada are airing it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edit: I was going to try and copy and paste them all, but while he's awoken and started posting at 5am, it's 2am for me on the west coast and I've yet to go to bed. And he's going on a fucking twitter rampage with tweets, so you can go look for yourself.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Marian Hossa will not play next season for Medical reasons

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yep... developed an allergy last season to the padding and apparel... the medicine required to continue wearing gear for hours everyday has severe side effects and docs aren't okay with the damage they'll do to him long term

Man I hope that deal that Bob has suggested for ducks isn't true. On the one hand I don't mind seeing stoner gone but til give up Shea Theodore to do it kinda sucks unless they are going to trade him for someone Vegas is going to pick from someone else. Glad my dvr schedule updated. Was able to find the real broadcast time for the draft tonight.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For those that dont twatter:

Bob McKenzie‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
    -Let's start with ANA. The belief is VGK will claim Clayton Stoner, pass on Manson/Vatanen and, in return for all that, get Shea Theodore. I can't report that as a dead-set certain fact but there is a strong sense that is the ANA-VGK deal or something close to it.

-Next up, CHI. @frank_seravalli reported awhile back net result would be VGK getting Trevor van Riemsdyk and taking on Marcus Krueger.

-It was suggested to me FLA's deal with VGK MAY actually be for Vegas to end up acquiring both Marchessault and Rielly Smith (also exposed).

-Next up, MIN. Looks like RFA Erik Haula is VGK bound with new contract, along with a prospect. Read @Russostrib for more on that. In exchange for Haula/prospect, it's believed VGK will lay off exposed Dumba/Scandella/Staal, which means MIN could still trade a D in CHI.

-Next up, PIT. Get sense this may have been first of all deals done with VGK. PIT sends draft pick to VGK to ensure new home for M-A Fleury. Fleury, BTW, expected to be on hand/introduced during NHL Awards show. As I said Tuesday, he strikes me as likely face of VGK franchise.

-Finally, TB. "Hearing" VGK may take Garrison contract from TB. No details beyond that; not yet sure on incentive or anything firm, TBH.

Pierre LeBrun‏ @PierreVLeBrun
    My understanding is that VGK have secured via trades about 10 draft picks spread out over 3 years. So far anyway. Plus there are deals for players and three-way trades VGK also involved in. Some revealed tonight. Others tomorrow.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For DFJS:

Stephen Whyno‏ @SWhyno
    NHL home openers being revealed today. #NHLDucks open season Thursday, Oct. 5 vs. #Coyotes.

Lol that's my dad's birthday maybe I'll let him go. Hmmm, let me think. NO. Will be weird seeing the coyote's without Shane Doan.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

VGK unofficially has a roster. Of course, it won't start being announced for another 10 hours, but the deadline has passed for them to submit their picks.

Pierre LeBrun‏ @PierreVLeBrun
    Whatever players VGK are flipping in a 3-way, those trades won't be announced until Thursday. Those players first have to be part of reveal. all the other side deals (getting picks/prospects to lay off a player) announced tonight after being processed by Central Registry today...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast