• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

As much as I like Sammy I think he's going to be the odd one out. They are going to protect Fowler, lindholm, and Bieksa. And BM says he wants to keep Manson but I'm not sure how he's going to. Thankfully Shea Theodore and Brandon montour are ineligible for the draft.

For forwards: getzlaf, Perry, kesler, rakell, silfverberg and cogliano are those ones I'd like to see them keep.
    As for that last slot I have no idea. All comes down to whatever deal they've made already. And I don't think we have a lot of cap space to bring in people to fill in the holes. I can see maybe one or two cheap free agents but I suspect there's going to be alot of rookies in the bottom 6 next year.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Even if they're willing to lose Vatanen in the draft, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't just trade him instead because a ton of teams (probably including the Leafs) would surrender a lot to get him.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Posted in old thread by accident.

Summary: Buffalo sucks.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Colorado Avalanche‏ @Avalanche
    The Avalanche will buy out the remaining year of Francois Beauchemin’s contract.

Doesnt help the cap, only clears a space for protection due to Beauchemin's NMC

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

James Mirtle‏ @mirtle
    ICYMI The NHL's salary cap is going up to at least $75-million next season

Caps might be able to bring back Oshie now woooooo

Thought I read something a few days ago where nhl said the cap was going to stay the same? I'll take the extra cap space if it is true though.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All Olli Maatta gear is 30% off at the PensStore in PPG paints arena... very interesting

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    Thought I read something a few days ago where nhl said the cap was going to stay the same? I'll take the extra cap space if it is true though.
    There were also rumors that the NHLPA was going to exercise part of their escalator. Not the full 5%, but somewhere in the 1-2.5% range.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

No one cares about the Sabres but Phil Housley is the new coach

BG Level

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin and a 6 round pick for Sergachev and a 2nd round

I'm happy for an attacker but Sergachev had potential so i'm on the fence

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Canadiens Montréal‏ @CanadiensMTL
    The Canadiens acquire Jonathan Drouin + a cond. 6th-round pick (2018) from TBL, in return for M. Sergachev + a cond. 2nd-round pick (2018)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well that's a whopper of a trade

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TB couldn't protect everyone, MTL had spare spots...

Really sucks for Tampa though to trade a player that good, that young within your own division

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post

Really sucks for Tampa though to trade a player that good, that young within your own division
    For immidiate purpose its a good deal for the habs, they need attack, and Drouin is NHL ready which Sergachev is not.

I'm kinda happy about this, people will find reason to complain, but they keep saying MTL only gets D man, and for once they get an attacker

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Drouin is an RFA as well

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post

Holy shit, so much wrong here.

1-goalie is Price, D are Weber Petry (NMC) and a toss up between Benn and Beaulieu (I'd go with Beaulieu has he is a more driving force for the offence), Forwards get tricky:
    who is signed and needs to be protected: Byron Danault Gallagher Pacioretty Shaw. Unsigned but expected to sign and be protected: Galchenyuk, Radulov, Hudon (top prospect in Laval).

Of the exposed so far that will probably get plucked, we have Emelin, Benn/Beaulieu and TOPTEN. By signing Drouin, we now have to move someone above unprotected. This is speculation, but if Radulov and the Habs have a handshake deal to sign a contract after the expansion draft, they can leave him exposed, and use his spot to protect Drouin. If there is no handshake deal or they opt to just sign Radulov before the draft, they'd have to either expose Shaw or Hudon to protect Radulov, of which I would expose Shaw.

tl;dr, you're a fucking moron for thinking Montreal has spare protection spots.

2-you're implying that Sergachev isnt a top prospect. While its entirely possible he doesnt meet his expectations, he has top pairing D written all over him.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post

1-goalie is Price, D are Weber Petry (NMC) and a toss up between Benn and Beaulieu (I'd go with Beaulieu has he is a more driving force for the offence), Forwards get tricky:
    who is signed and needs to be protected: Byron Danault Gallagher Pacioretty Shaw. Unsigned but expected to sign and be protected: Galchenyuk, Radulov, Hudon (top prospect in Laval).

Of the exposed so far that will probably get plucked, we have Emelin, Benn/Beaulieu and TOPTEN. By signing Drouin, we now have to move someone above unprotected. This is speculation, but if Radulov and the Habs have a handshake deal to sign a contract after the expansion draft, they can leave him exposed, and use his spot to protect Drouin. If there is no handshake deal or they opt to just sign Radulov before the draft, they'd have to either expose Shaw or Hudon to protect Radulov, of which I would expose Shaw.

2-you're implying that Sergachev isnt a top prospect. While its entirely possible he doesnt meet his expectations, he has top pairing D written all over him.
    They just signed Hudon so

pretty sure Radulov is out

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Tampa had enough spots to protect everyone but rumor had it that Drouin wanted a long term deal and SFY isn't about all that. Sucks cause he is something special and was the main reason our PP was so lethal last year.

Either way, Habs picked up a phenomenal talent that I was hoping we'd keep.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lebrun tweeted that Radulov is asking for too much
    https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...38875803570177

But that could just be a charade to make it look like the Habs and Radulov dont have something inked to save a protection slot.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post

My statement about your roster spots was contextual .... compared to other teams Montreal has things far easier this draft... your forwards are absolute ass after the first 3-4... like a fucking dumpster fire.... there's no forwards you'd have to expose that couldn't be replaced in FA easily and remember you only lose one... they're taking 1 guy, not 4.... from a roster with no scf chance next year anyways