1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

:/ there is zero direct hit on any of the current tank gear.. not sure if they are excluding it from us because it has such a big impact on what DPS are able to shoot off with it but kinda annoying.. We're locked to crit det ten until we get our next stepping stone in gear and see if it's still a world without direct hit or not, sans melding.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably keeping everyone in their own role pool from this point on. DET/CRIT/TEN for tanks, DET/CRIT/PIE for healers, DET/CRIT/DIR for DPS

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Some preliminary updates on enmity multipliers: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/wiki/enmity

Apparently DA Power Slash is kinda fucked and works like Flash now, so anyone playing DRK should keep that in mind.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    :/ there is zero direct hit on any of the current tank gear.. not sure if they are excluding it from us because it has such a big impact on what DPS are able to shoot off with it but kinda annoying.. We're locked to crit det ten until we get our next stepping stone in gear and see if it's still a world without direct hit or not, sans melding.
    Pretty sure it was mentioned that Tenacity is on tank gear only, Direct hit is on DPS gear.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Besides using Intervene intelligently with the Oath bar to further reduce the damage of a co-tank, it mostly seems useless.

Sheltron is still equally annoying to use as before. Sometimes I try to anticipate the boss's next big move and an autoattack eats it anyway.

How do we tell SE to change it so Sheltron puts me in a permanent state of block, while active, prevents autoattacks, casting, Oath bar increase and moving? Drains 20 oath a second or until depleted. Can be toggled off.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Or, you know, just make it not get eaten by autoattacks. I'm sure the flags are there to prevent that SOMEWHERE on some ability. Just plant those on Sheltron.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just came back a few days ago, and holy shit, the changes they made to PLD. Having so much fun right now it's insane. :D Holy Spirit is sick. And I barely touch Rage of Halone any more. Most I'll use it is one combo at the beginning of a boss to solidify hate, and I never touch it again after that lol.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So, I've been running anticipation in a role slot since SB launch because hey 33% uptime of a 20% reduction chance.
    I can safely say it's not really worth the slot, the proc rate is still just too low. Even in a large pack of mobs you'll maybe see it go off once or twice.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It's worse for PLD because blocks are still evaluated before parries. Still wouldn't call it great for the other tanks though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so is pld the meta pick now? say if i bring my war to df i'll get people raging about it? Or have things been overblown? Just curious if I should dust off pld.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wouldn't worry about DF. If you're going into savage though, expect WAR to be the least-picked tank. PLD is definitely meta right now.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

WAR works fine but the pandemonium has done its damage.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

War will be alright. Some annoyances and trying to squeeze out 6 cleaves as a MT means you're in deliverance from 0 to 100 beast gauge, which is a shit ton of incoming damage, but war has a lot of low-cooldown defensive buffs and is neigh unkillable when stacking many of them together (for a short time.) I don't like having to beast gauge dump into onslaught when setting up for the 6 cleave, though.

Edit: Speaking of which, what are Tanks socketing in left-side slots, materia-wise?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I've gone and used full T6 direct hit with the small details we have on tenacity, I'd rather boost my chances to do more direct hits. Seeing it on i270 gear has me hoping we'll see something on i330+ gear, assuming omega normal is going to be 320 and our tome gear is going to be 330/340

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    War will be alright. Some annoyances and trying to squeeze out 6 cleaves as a MT means you're in deliverance from 0 to 100 beast gauge, which is a shit ton of incoming damage, but war has a lot of low-cooldown defensive buffs and is neigh unkillable when stacking many of them together (for a short time.) I don't like having to beast gauge dump into onslaught when setting up for the 6 cleave, though.

Edit: Speaking of which, what are Tanks socketing in left-side slots, materia-wise?
    why are you doing 6 instead of 7?

inb4 because 7 ate 9

also for PLDs MT DPS

I'm wondering if it's better after halone combo to goring blade before req > holy spirit spam or should I just req holy spirit spam after halone? ( I figured just go into holy spirit spam that way you can get two goring blades with FoF rather than just one or clipping one. Although I guess I could delay FoF for three GCD ticks until the goring blade wears off ?)

Also are people using two halones at the start or just one?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Also are people using two halones at the start or just one?
    Meta-wise you only need 1 (Shirk is OP. Diversion is awesome. Ninja is icing). But in PUGs I go with 2 Halones.

As for your previous question, it depends on the fight. Typically you want to Holy Spirit Spam first and then FoF, so you can squeeze in another Holy Spirit phase before transitions happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post

As for your previous question, it depends on the fight. Typically you want to Holy Spirit Spam first and then FoF, so you can squeeze in another Holy Spirit phase before transitions happen.
    Hmm now that I think about it some more wouldn't it be better to go for goring blade before holy spirit spam with a delayed FoF? That way you can STR pot before goring blade and have it for holy spirit spam.

edit: Oh those new pots are 30s long. . .

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I'm 95% sure STR pots don't affect Holy Spirit and Fight or Flight definitely doesn't.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Holy Spirit is affected by INT for some reason. Though I'm sure it scales off of Attack Power, so it should be affected by STR as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast