1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

:/ I've encountered more tanks than I care to admit that screech at me when I tell them to take off some useless buff in their roles to put on Shirk. I'm approaching the point where I'll begin to refuse to tank if my co-tank will not use the ability.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Awww, Holy Spirit got nerfed.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You've effectively lost 150~200 potency per magic burst phase

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From what I've witness with my static, the damage nerf isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but the damage buffs WAR and DRK got definitely pushes them ahead now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So what are you guys using Intervention for? Because that's dead on my bar most of the time and everyone is trying to tell me 'it's really good tho you need it to maximize raid dps'.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If not maintank, I try to time it for tank busters or just spam it on the tank since not much else to use gauge on. Otherwise, gauge better used on sheltron as main. There really needs to be more we can do with gauge heh.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh the gauge is in a sorry place/state. A whopping 2 ways to spend it.

One for a block which will probably not block what you're trying to block.
    Another to make someone else take less damage who won't even notice or appreciate it; unless you're in a tight progression group

I would prefer an additional/modified ability to give me a 20% HP barrier or something. That way we can play creative skill chaining (lol). Tankbuster inc? PLD "barrier" up, DRK co-tank barrier me, and WHM barrier me. Or otherwise, give me an offensive dump.

Also, does anyone find that their bar builds extremely slow in Shield Oath? I suppose I can use my Holy Bulkwark more or use my lvl70 ability to make it build quicker but when those 2 abilities are down it feels like it rarely builds.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It builds slowly in Shield Oath because it relies on blocks, which is pretty stupid. The only way to reliably have enough meter for Sheltron is to use Holy Spirit, which is retarded.

I'm also pretty sure shields don't stack like that. I remember it being an issue with Divine Veil and SCH. I could also just be crazy.

PLD really needs an offensive use for the gauge. It'd be nice if there was a way to burn 100 meter to shorten your cooldowns or something. Or, if there was a gauge ability that extended the duration of beneficial effects currently applied to you. Or copy effects from you to another party member.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

It feels like it dampens the damage abit (Sheltron) but I havent really run any numbers on it. And yes, the buildup is way too slow so I usually drop 3 holy spirits during downtime. And YES! we need something to use while in sword oath? D:

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Maybe if you had a 5s bubble that gave you a free Fell Cleave when it bursts.

Oh wait that's Dark Knight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yeh the gauge is in a sorry place/state. A whopping 2 ways to spend it.

One for a block which will probably not block what you're trying to block.
    Another to make someone else take less damage who won't even notice or appreciate it; unless you're in a tight progression group

I would prefer an additional/modified ability to give me a 20% HP barrier or something. That way we can play creative skill chaining (lol). Tankbuster inc? PLD "barrier" up, DRK co-tank barrier me, and WHM barrier me. Or otherwise, give me an offensive dump.

Also, does anyone find that their bar builds extremely slow in Shield Oath? I suppose I can use my Holy Bulkwark more or use my lvl70 ability to make it build quicker but when those 2 abilities are down it feels like it rarely builds.

Yeah, I wish there was something else to use the guage on, as well. Currently, I'm just using it the same way I was using Sheltron before. I really don't even touch my gauge unless I'm tanking a boss. If it's up I'll use it either alone or in conjunction with either Rampart or Sentinel to mitigate tank busters. Other than that I don't go near the gauge. I love that we can block magic also now too, though. I can use than combo on stuff like Exdeath's "normal" Thunder III cast.

Also, Bulwark was nice before, when we could only block from the front, just a bit trickier since you had to position yourself better. It's a lot better now though. Whenever I pop it on a good trash pull, all I see in the log is "block, block, block, block, block, block, block", lol. I swear like at least 90% of the hits I see are blocked now.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Maybe if you had a 5s bubble that gave you a free Fell Cleave when it bursts.

Oh wait that's Dark Knight.
    Generating meter isn't the problem so much as having nothing fun to use it on.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Well I mean translating it to Paladin let's say an extra Holy Spirit.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Also, Bulwark was nice before, when we could only block from the front, just a bit trickier since you had to position yourself better. It's a lot better now though. Whenever I pop it on a good trash pull, all I see in the log is "block, block, block, block, block, block, block", lol. I swear like at least 90% of the hits I see are blocked now.
    Ohhh I should do that. I forgot we can ass block now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I've been using PLD for easy roulettes and so forth, but I'm not very good.....I only use it for dungeons. Can someone tell me/show me a rotation I should be using for single target vs. aoe in dungeon pulls?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Certified Casual Rotation:

Single: Fast > Savage > Rage of Halone
    AOE: Flash x2 > Circle of Sworn > Total Eclipse, repeat as needed. Flash again if mobs start going elsewhere or DPS don't know how to AOE
    Spirits Within/Retriqsqueat when up.

Low Level Rotation:
    Single: Fast > Savage
    AOE: Flash

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Flash three times. If fewer than 4 targets, just Goring combo each of them. If 4 or more targets, Total Eclipse spam until less than 4 targets. Circle of Scorn on cooldown. Flash again if your DPS are amazing, which will be almost never.

On bosses just do one Halone combo and then keeping Goring Blade up and use Royal Authority in between. If you want to get pretty, every time Fight or Flight falls off use Requiescat and then Holy Spirit x5.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Whoa, wait, what the fuck is Total Eclipse? Did I miss something when I set up my bar from the wrecking ball that was Stormblood changes? A google search says it's like... lv46? ARGH I'VE BEEN LEVELING WITHOUT A USEFUL TOOL?!

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Level 46 AOE damage skill they gave us when Stormblood arrived. Useless against bosses but nice to have some kind of AoE damage for big pulls. It's basically Overpower without the enmity modifier (and it's a circle instead of a conal).

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've never had to flash more than twice even with amazing DPS. FoF+CoS+TE is really strong on big pulls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast