1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 142
  1. #101
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,309
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Cosigned. TE has made me super lazy, lol

    Also worth noting, it sucks when you have to waste GCD on healing, but you can make up for a shitty healer with Clemancy these days. Zero interrupts turns it into a pretty powerful faux CD

  2. #102
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,607
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    It lets you do big pulls even if the healer is subpar. Unless the DPS are absolute garbage I can keep myself alive pretty well even with 8+ mobs on me.

    That said, question time.

    Is it definitively more DPS to open with a non-FoF Goring combo before going into Req+HS? I was thinking about this last night on O2S but I don't have a lot of data to look at.

  3. #103
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,503
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Agree, I started Clemencying on big pulls after flashing. While Total Eclipse is important, it gives the healer a bit more room for error.

    Also, passage of arms is also great as i believe directional blocking doesn't need to matter anymore (well, I can ass block normally, and patch notes mention the same thing). Haven't tested it standing with my ass to mob specifically, but it's a great cooldown to use visually and is satisfying to see a bunch of digits with (-25% blocked) spamming on the screen.

  4. #104
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,742
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    It lets you do big pulls even if the healer is subpar. Unless the DPS are absolute garbage I can keep myself alive pretty well even with 8+ mobs on me.

    That said, question time.

    Is it definitively more DPS to open with a non-FoF Goring combo before going into Req+HS? I was thinking about this last night on O2S but I don't have a lot of data to look at.
    Pretty sure Fight or Flight phases are more DPS provided there's a Slashing debuff present. Without the slashing debuff npakin math says it's close enough that it really doesn't matter, but since I open with a Halone combo 90% of the time anyway I just use Fight or Flight first.

  5. #105
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,607
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Agree, I started Clemencying on big pulls after flashing. While Total Eclipse is important, it gives the healer a bit more room for error.

    Also, passage of arms is also great as i believe directional blocking doesn't need to matter anymore (well, I can ass block normally, and patch notes mention the same thing). Haven't tested it standing with my ass to mob specifically, but it's a great cooldown to use visually and is satisfying to see a bunch of digits with (-25% blocked) spamming on the screen.
    Passage of Arms is situationally awesome.

    That huge pull in Ala Mhigo after the first boss with all of the dogs comes to mind. You can round all of them up, get in a corner, use it with Sentinel and make the healer go wtf because you have 20 mobs on you but aren't taking damage.

  6. #106
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,742
    BG Level
    9

    Using Passage of Arms on any dungeon boss that has a "super" move is also basically a guaranteed 3 commendations.

  7. #107
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,503
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    You know I never considered chaining them together, as I like to rotate. But for that pull chaining it with rampart doesn't seem like a bad idea (less so with Sentinel because of shorter duration)

  8. #108
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,742
    BG Level
    9

    In my experience the dogs don't live long enough to justify blowing more than Rampart on them. I tend not to use Passage of Arms on big pulls unless I really need to because I'd rather be spamming Total Eclipse.

  9. #109
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,865
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I think the change to Sprint is officially my favorite adjustment from Stormblood. I love being able to Road Runner through trash in dungeons, as the tank, lol. Don't lose it when using abilities or getting hit. So I can pop it, run up to a batch, grab hate, and keep going to the next batch. I use Sprint so much more than I did before now. :D

  10. #110
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,309
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Shirk and Sprint are tied for favorite adjustments this expansion

  11. #111
    Theory Fighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,344
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    You clearly weren't a caster before. I used to sprint everywhere all the time, sprint in almost every mechanic in raids, etc. Now I'm stuck with a long ass recast timer, which, while I understand is a good thing for raids, in order to not abuse it, is absolute shit anywhere outside of battle, specially in cities.

    As a WAR in dungeons I love it, being able to Overpower on the run, but I don't know why the hell the recast nerf had to affect anything non-battle related.

  12. #112
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,742
    BG Level
    9

    The cooldown now is basically the amount of time it took you to get all your TP back between using it before.

  13. #113
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,978
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The cooldown now is basically the amount of time it took you to get all your TP back between using it before.
    Nope. Unless you mean in combat, while aoe'ing, or something. The old way it was pretty much clockwork: you saw tp fill, sprint was ready in about half a second.

    Also seconding the wtf about the sprint change being good. The sprint change is everything bad about how SE over-nerfs things. They should've left the nerfs alone at "half duration when used in combat".

  14. #114
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,865
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Nope. Unless you mean in combat, while aoe'ing, or something. The old way it was pretty much clockwork: you saw tp fill, sprint was ready in about half a second.

    Also seconding the wtf about the sprint change being good. The sprint change is everything bad about how SE over-nerfs things. They should've left the nerfs alone at "half duration when used in combat".
    You're obviously a main mage. Try maining something that uses TP and you will sing a different song.

  15. #115
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,567
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    What do I need to meld to the PLD crafted i320 weapon to make it better than the tomes 310 weapon?

  16. #116
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    746
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    its already better without melds, just see what you gearing toward and meld, personally im into full DH

  17. #117
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,064
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Tanks generally are rocking full DH wherever STR does not fit. If your economy is anything like Hyperion's this makes DH materia like 3-4x more expensive than others.

  18. #118
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,567
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    How is it already better with the base damage being 6 lower?

  19. #119
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,064
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    How is it already better with the base damage being 6 lower?
    Did you typo and mean to ask how to make the crafted better than 330? Or are you looked by at the NQ weapon?

  20. #120
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,567
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    The tomes 310 weapon damage is 96, the crafted 320 weapon damage is 87....but the HQ is 97, I just looked it up. Thought the HQ was 91, which is where my confusion came from. Carry on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag